Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dandrews is great but I dont think he has the power necessary to undo the somewhat global perception that north face = wanker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

aejix posted:

Nah mate you're way off base, I'm sure albo, the bag of pantry-moth infested flour with all the charisma of a half eaten urinal cake will lead fed Labor to glorious victory.

And Gladys has a real reckoning coming from.... who the gently caress even is the NSW Labor leader, is that even a real person or party? Do they actually exist? Find me one person in this country who can name them without googling for several hours

I'm possibly that one guy, it's Chris Minns.

Labor they got away with changing their leadership without anyone even batting an eyelid or noticing, I think avoiding an imagine of being poo poo stirrers like LNP in WA and Vic is a good thing. From where I'm sitting, in Labor heartland of Sydney's South West - I think they're doing well speaking with community groups and mayors where LNP has been mostly absent in discussion, reportedly not answering calls.

I honestly think all Labor would need to do is outline that LNP are a State Government and they have a responsibility of servicing the whole state and not just the City of Sydney and that alone would gain supporters with wider areas. But, how do you shift votes from rusted on areas like Sutherland Shire, Eastern and Northern suburbs? They're probably grateful SSW is locked down. Even if I argued by throwing out a random point like... LNP have screwed classroom allocation in developing areas out West, would any of those areas even care? They're taken care of well enough and don't have a reason to shift their vote.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 7, 2021

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dan is incredibly not happy about NSW getting much larger pfizer allocations to GPs, secretly, from the fed gov.

Lobster is back on the menu. :fork:

quote:

"It's very difficult to get air time as a state opposition during the COVID period, ask any opposition leader around Australia, it's not just limited to Victoria," he said.

Let's ask Bill for his thoughts on fair air time as an opposition leader. Let's not ask Albo, he's cool with it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

woofbro posted:

I'm possibly that one guy, it's Chris Minns.

Labor they got away with changing their leadership without anyone even batting an eyelid or noticing, I think avoiding an imagine of being poo poo stirrers like LNP in WA and Vic is a good thing. From where I'm sitting, in Labor heartland of Sydney's South West - I think they're doing well speaking with community groups and mayors where LNP has been mostly absent in discussion, reportedly not answering calls.

I honestly think all Labor would need to do is outline that LNP are a State Government and they have a responsibility of servicing the whole state and not the City of Sydney and that alone would gain supporters with wider areas. But, how do you shift votes from rusted on areas like Sutherland Shire, Eastern and Northern suburbs? They're probably grateful SSW is locked down. Even if I argued by throwing out a random point like... LNP have screwed classroom allocation in developing areas out West, would any of those areas even care? They're taken care of well enough and don't have a reason to shift their vote.

Western/south western sydney is full of aspirational voting migrants who are waiting for their turn to pull the ladder up behind them and everywhere regional votes nats so not sure this strat would work.

lol if you think the shire would vote labor.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Laserface posted:

Western/south western sydney is full of aspirational voting migrants who are waiting for their turn to pull the ladder up behind them and everywhere regional votes nats so not sure this strat would work.

lol if you think the shire would vote labor.

Oh, I'm well aware that you can't top the Nats and Shire will never vote Labor.

Just thinking aloud.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 7, 2021

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Mt Druitt routinely votes against the LNP so I assume that's why everyone in Sydney treats it like the worst place in the world, but I don't know how the rest of Blacktown council fares votewise.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

meteor9 posted:

Mt Druitt routinely votes against the LNP so I assume that's why everyone in Sydney treats it like the worst place in the world, but I don't know how the rest of Blacktown council fares votewise.

I was in Seven Hills for the federal election and labor lost to LNP. Labor held it before that, I believe.

correction: they actually held it at the last fed election. My bad.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 7, 2021

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

Dan is incredibly not happy about NSW getting much larger pfizer allocations to GPs, secretly, from the fed gov.

No kidding:

quote:

"Now, I want to make a couple of comments in relation to some reporting in relation to vaccines and Victoria's fair share. I don't do this with a sense of anger, although Victorians would be excused for being quite angry.

"We have seen hundreds of thousands of vaccines that should have come and should now be in the arms of Victorians going into Sydney, into GP practices and into New South Wales.

“Some don't like to see this as a race, but a race it surely is. What I didn't know was that Premier Berejiklian is in a sprint while the rest of us are supposed to do some egg and spoon thing. No. We want our fair share.

“This was done without anyone knowing, and the Commonwealth have got caught doing it. So, it needs to stop.

“There is something like 340,000 doses that have not come to Victoria that should have which would have meant we were closer to 70 and 80 per cent. It would mean we were closer to ending these lockdowns, so you can see a sense of frustration, and I'm sure in others, of anger.”

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 7, 2021

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

aejix posted:

Nah mate you're way off base, I'm sure albo, the bag of pantry-moth infested flour with all the charisma of a half eaten urinal cake will lead fed Labor to glorious victory.

And Gladys has a real reckoning coming from.... who the gently caress even is the NSW Labor leader, is that even a real person or party? Do they actually exist? Find me one person in this country who can name them without googling for several hours

Weird that all the LNP's opposition seem like charisma-less nobodies to the public.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Senor Tron posted:

No kidding:

lol he's also irritated because he's been getting stick from certain federal hunts for Vic lagging behind NSW in vaccination rates.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Phigs posted:

Weird that all the LNP's opposition seem like charisma-less nobodies to the public.

I mean normally that'd be the result of the lovely media landscape but jesus christ have you seen the Fed and NSW labors these days? I assume the current NSW guy isn't quite as vocal about protecting our right to abuse dogs but then again I'd have to remember who the hell he is.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Scomo really does have a gift for alienating people. His secret father's day trip is going to anger a lot of people who are in lockdown right now and his secret diversion of Pfizer to Sydney GPs is going to anger a lot of people outside Sydney.

If federal Labor were able to convince Dan or Anna P to take over as federal opposition leader I think they'd win the next election in a landslide.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Federal Labor can win off Vic flipping. Chisolm, Deakin, Casey, La Trobe and Higgins are different varieties of gettable. I can't see libs winning anything they don't hold in most states and Qld are likely pissed off enough to flip a seat or two, however I don't know a lot about Queensland's electorates and I'd be speculating wildly rather than moderately.

And I haven't included Kooyong which is within the shadowy realms of possibility to go not blue, which is a win.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
NSW goes full blue :smugdog:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just anecdotally people I've been talking to in QLD are far more pissed off at NSW government then the Federally government. With Scott most people just seem to have a, "yeah, he's a bit poo poo, but most politicians are" type deal. There seems to just be heaps of people really, really pissed off with Gladys though.

I mean Morrison never seemed to have much personal approval to begin with, so him doing a poo poo job I think in a lot of peoples minds is just what they expected when they voted for him the first place.

Last 10 years of federal politics fuckery has really worn a lot of people out.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

dr_rat posted:

Just anecdotally people I've been talking to in QLD are far more pissed off at NSW government then the Federally government. With Scott most people just seem to have a, "yeah, he's a bit poo poo, but most politicians are" type deal. There seems to just be heaps of people really, really pissed off with Gladys though.

I mean Morrison never seemed to have much personal approval to begin with, so him doing a poo poo job I think in a lot of peoples minds is just what they expected when they voted for him the first place.

Last 10 years of federal politics fuckery has really worn a lot of people out.

In addition, I think the barely-present federal response to COVID meant a lot of attention was focused on the state level, with premiers leading their own individual response. Over time it has become a state issue, not a federal one. People are pissed at Berejiklian because her state government horrifically botched their response, affecting both her state and others around NSW. Far less people are pissed at Morrison because, on a subconscious level, they don't read COVID as being a federal matter outside of vaccines - even then, their job (or at least how they've defined it by example) is only to acquire it and hand it over to the states.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

meteor9 posted:

the closer you get to The Hills the greater the mix of McMansions and Pentecostals (which is why Greenway was LNP in the early 00s)

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

JBP posted:

Federal Labor can win off Vic flipping. Chisolm, Deakin, Casey, La Trobe and Higgins are different varieties of gettable. I can't see libs winning anything they don't hold in most states and Qld are likely pissed off enough to flip a seat or two, however I don't know a lot about Queensland's electorates and I'd be speculating wildly rather than moderately.

And I haven't included Kooyong which is within the shadowy realms of possibility to go not blue, which is a win.

Don't forget WA lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Spookydonut posted:

Don't forget WA lol

Off the top of my head WA has fat lib margins but idk I remember Hasluck being pretty marginal from when the MUA ran a bloke there. Swan is also tight so yeah why not. ALP won't lose anything there at least lol.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

NSW is not a forever LNP hellstate - Labor were in power 1941 - 1964, 1976 - 1987 and again 1995 - 2010. Both majors have had relatively equal air time.

Sure there was a lot of stink around corruption in the last ten years but that's baked in to NSW politics for all parties.

NSW is a hellstate regardless of who is on the treasury benches.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/TheShovel/status/1435108344394440704

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

meteor9 posted:

I mean normally that'd be the result of the lovely media landscape but jesus christ have you seen the Fed and NSW labors these days? I assume the current NSW guy isn't quite as vocal about protecting our right to abuse dogs but then again I'd have to remember who the hell he is.
Protecting our right to abuse dogs, or protecting a few hectares of land from falling into the hands of Mike Baird's corporate developer mates?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Albo's existence as a total political nonentity and scomo's successful plan to abrogate responsibility by making covid a de facto state issue by virtue of a complete lack of coherent federal response is very likely to ensure a tepid, yet still inevitable, lib win at the next federal election.

Labor's inability to capitalise on any of the innumerable own goals of the current government has rendered them as a complete wet fart on a federal level. There's a massive need for enthusiastic, motivated, firebrand leadership in Labor, that just isn't being fulfilled. And I'm saying this in full cognizance of the fact I'm cheerleading for the lesser of two evils.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Labor haven't had a strong opposition presence since Rudd in 06-07. Maybe they just aren't trying, but I feel like the media has changed a bit since then and are getting better at not platforming Labor.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Phigs posted:

Labor haven't had a strong opposition presence since Rudd in 06-07. Maybe they just aren't trying, but I feel like the media has changed a bit since then and are getting better at not platforming Labor.

Interesting to see some actual anti-Morrison articles cropping up in News outlets (news.com.au was running pretty hard on the fathers day trip) and the recent announcement to soften tone on climate change across the whole News Corpse stable.

Is Moloch sniffing the wind and trying to stay relevant? His core demographic has slowly been dying off. There have been a few analytical pieces on Guardian, SMH etc on the recent change of tack.

Rupert backed Blair and Kevin'07 so weathervaning is not out of character for him.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
The idiots at PatriotRealm have the answer:

https://patriotrealm.com/index.php/21-morrison-step-aside-and-let-dutton-lead-us

I feel like I should be on a watchlist for having visited that site.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Resident Idiot posted:

The idiots at PatriotRealm have the answer:

https://patriotrealm.com/index.php/21-morrison-step-aside-and-let-dutton-lead-us

I feel like I should be on a watchlist for having visited that site.

Morrisson as incompetent daggy dad is still electable. Even if he stumbles half arsedly into winning. If one were so inclined, you can PR spin all his gaffes into "oh you silly duffer" territory.

Dutton, the soulless malicious baby eating potato faced monster is not, in any way electable. The man radiates evil, and even as right wing as the Australian Electorate is, I would posit that Dutton is a step too far.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

BrigadierSensible posted:

Dutton, the soulless malicious baby eating potato faced monster is not, in any way electable. The man radiates evil, and even as right wing as the Australian Electorate is, I would posit that Dutton is a step too far.

I want to print this post, frame it and hang it in the angry dome.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Morrisson as incompetent daggy dad is still electable. Even if he stumbles half arsedly into winning. If one were so inclined, you can PR spin all his gaffes into "oh you silly duffer" territory.

lol

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

I thought that about Abbott too…

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Hahahahahaha.

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

scoff.gif

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Thanks for cursing us all.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No one pays attention because Scotts persona while he was still handling immigration was entirely rabid attack dog. For the first few months after Dutton was put in that post, replacing Scott, things seemed a lot loving quieter because Scott was basically at 11 all the time.

No one remembers though.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

go_banana posted:

NSW goes full blue :smugdog:

If this was intended as a clever comment about struggling to breathe due to COVID I'd just like to say well done

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

All this coverage for one kid who wandered into the bush has me wondering how the first child death of COVID in Australia is going to be covered. I legit can't guess. It could go anywhere from completely ignored to people going nuts.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Phigs posted:

All this coverage for one kid who wandered into the bush has me wondering how the first child death of COVID in Australia is going to be covered. I legit can't guess. It could go anywhere from completely ignored to people going nuts.

Depends if they’re aboriginal (ignored), other non-white (parents fault), or white (national outrage, probably the greens fault)

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
After being on standby for over a month, certain transport workers are going back tomorrow. Guess Gladys and Co are going to let it rip soon…

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
They’ll say they had a pre existing condition and were unvaccinated so nothing to worry about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Another scam message from Craig Kelly.

This one is directing me to uaptga.info - I am 50/50 on this being either a politically legit scam (actually from UAP) or malware.