Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Substandard posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffvandermeer/status/1435066606841905159?s=20

Someone buy him an account. Also, Annihilation is a real good book.

This also means shutting down most travel for a month, with super robust testing, super robust contact tracing. "Hard quarantine" has to literally mean China style locking-people-in-homes-or-get-massive-fines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Strep Vote posted:

BROTHER WHERE IS YOUR EYE PROTECTION

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Coldrice posted:

Added some more minimalist UI for the covid simulator. I also added the option to mask or vaccinate your character ( don't have any cool sprites for it yet). I also added some little updates in the bottom corner as things go on mostly for fun

def gonna play this

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm all for caring for the unvaccinated by choice morons on this mortal plane, but discharging another patient that presumably still needed hospital level care? gently caress em, do better triage. The care of the sensible should not be thrown under the bus of morons.

our ability to do anything “elective” is currently severely crippled

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Der Meister posted:

our ability to do anything “elective” is currently severely crippled

Surviving is elective.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

hahhaa 2 hrs later

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

kreeningsons posted:

def gonna play this

I'm at the point now where I need to start thinking of how to make this little simulator worth playing!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

razorscooter posted:

looking around the world wide web for some good eats

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1434246540063694848

virgin american horsepaste eater vs the chad japanese spam enjoyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2bRd91sZw

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyday we stray further from GOD

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

fosborb posted:

hahhaa 2 hrs later

It's amazing how normal everything is if you just pretend bad things don't exist!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

From a couple of second hand sources Howard Springs is nice, hotel for 2 weeks is hell.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Coldrice posted:

Added some more minimalist UI for the covid simulator. I also added the option to mask or vaccinate your character ( don't have any cool sprites for it yet). I also added some little updates in the bottom corner as things go on mostly for fun

consider large noxious gas clouds (say, 5x5 grid) that infect anyone that goes through them, but if the sick person is masked, maybe 2x2 or 3x3 around them or in a u shape

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's good to hear. I remembered something from some goon smarter than I am talking about spacing vaccines but they might've been talking about mrna and non-mrna covid combos for all i remember.

turd in my singlet posted:

i don't think this poster is trying to boost sympathy for the chuds

https://twitter.com/getvaxxedstat/status/1434675252663967748?s=20
:d2a:

e: posting after a few

OK baizuo fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 7, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Phigs posted:

Yeah COVID has fully clarified the fact that we will never do anything about Climate Change. Nobody paying attention can possibly believe there will be a point where it's too much, where climate change has done so much that we can't possibly ignore it and do something about it. The cause-effect of COVID is so loving obvious, the elite as a collective are not operating under the delusion that people are just dying because of reasons unrelated to the pandemic. They know why people are dying. They just don't give a gently caress. No amount of fires or hurricanes or record temperatures or rising waters or regions rendered unlivable will ever cause a climate change response because it's not about wanting to deny or not believing the link: it's about not caring one loving bit.

And there's not going to be any kind of new deal either. Capital is fully on board with just doubling down forever. There are no intelligent capitalists willing to negotiate with labor to secure their future. It's done. The elites have cemented their position and they will die in it, one way or another, no matter the cost to the rest of us or the world.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

turd in my singlet posted:

i don't think this poster is trying to boost sympathy for the chuds

https://twitter.com/getvaxxedstat/status/1434675252663967748?s=20

lol at chuds and all but this account doesn't pass the legitimacy smell test

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

cause its carla from scrubs?

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah seems like a lot of people are sensing that they can say some pretty ridiculous things (either side of the aisle, really) and get away with it to entertain their target audience.

that nurse doesn't seem real.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah honestly it reeks of agitprop, the anecdotes are over the top with the poo poo about organ donation and discharging cancer patients for space

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Everything is so loving stupid.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just loving utter trash.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Innocuous posted:

yeah honestly it reeks of agitprop, the anecdotes are over the top with the poo poo about organ donation and discharging cancer patients for space

i don't think unvaccinated covid patients older than say 50 with serious co-morbidities are going to be very high on the triage list.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I had a pork belly bao bun though so maybe I'll stick around.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pitcher Witcher posted:

cause its carla from scrubs?

she has somewhat recently posted what is supposedly a picture of herself if you scroll down her feed a bit. couldn't say about legitimacy but the only thing that made me think it was fake was the scrubs character avatar but that doesn't seem that weird when you think about it

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Actually if anyone wants to mess with the covid simulator, you can

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k06lq0kbxs27hsj/CovidGame.zip?dl=0

Its fixed rez, and Windows only at the moment so sorry about that. Also it'll probably crash or get stuck somewhere or do something weird. Still, fun to play around with.

You can move the screen with WASD, and you can click a character to vaccinate or mask them.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

apatheticman posted:

I had a pork belly bao bun though so maybe I'll stick around.

bun bun?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jrdxu/status/1435028965178101762

https://twitter.com/RaveAuntie/status/1434921856633561092

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Coldrice posted:

feel like this could be a great frog fractions game where it turns into a top down gta 1 shooter and you win by seizing the means of production in a worker's revolution

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
just lol at the very real possibility of more people dying to covid under biden than under trump

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

This basically

quote="SpaceDrake" post="517537157"]
just lol at the very real possibility of more people dying to covid under biden than under trump
[/quote]

Biden has got so many years to go

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpaceDrake posted:

ohhhh it's gonna happen

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Americans are very buttery, and the Delta variant (whatever comes next) is the hot knife. It will be inevitable.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

apatheticman posted:

This basically

is that finishable in one bite? it feels like it's not deep enough to not have the contents fly out

i'm not going to edc this year and getting a refund is like pulling teeth

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Biowarfare posted:

is that finishable in one bite? it feels like it's not deep enough to not have the contents fly out

its about 4 bites and you eat it from the side and nothing falls out.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm all for caring for the unvaccinated by choice morons on this mortal plane, but discharging another patient that presumably still needed hospital level care? gently caress em, do better triage. The care of the sensible should not be thrown under the bus of morons.

https://twitter.com/getvaxxedstat/status/1435025255936847873?s=21

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

😃📣

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

apatheticman posted:

Everything is so loving stupid.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
sister is getting married on new years in las vegas and sent me a text to come to which i responded "lol no" and now i'm in trouble with the family.

i have an infant son you loving idiots i wouldn't go to las vegas on new years with 16 month old even if there wasn't a pandemic

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
university kicking off this week in Canada, already a massive party at UVic with Covid positive students, and reports of students keeping Covid tests secret so they can still attend class. who could’ve possibly foreseen this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
od on horse paste to take your god given icu bed from those godless commie cancer patients