Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Vasukhani posted:

wait, they're letting them live in these "camps" for free? These are waaaay better than most apartments in the US. Is the food and internet free?

I'm going to go to China and spend the whole time eating in quarantine and then get back on the plane and go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

cant get J&J around here, what is the breakthrough dose of Moderna and does CVS provide trip sitters

i can get into powerful amounts of trouble with that 5% discount coupon and a head filled with apotheosis

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Vasukhani posted:

wait, they're letting them live in these "camps" for free? These are waaaay better than most apartments in the US. Is the food and internet free?

$3000 Australian dollary doos for 2 weeks

C U in the NT?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Strep Vote posted:

All right, this winter I will do my Chinese every day, and I will see how low I can get my body fat percentage. And I will declutter and populate the house with plants. And work on getting that greywater system installed. And find some new recipes. And hope my kid doesn't bring covid home from school.

Anyone seen Osprey lately?

Hell yeah, learning Chinese buddy, Ni hao! :hfive:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i too am learning chinese not because i wish to welcome our future overlords, but because i'm loving bored

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shackleford posted:

iirc the trumpworld grifters contemplated this idea for about five seconds until trump saw a beer koozie on brad parscale's dumb face and said no

https://twitter.com/parscale/status/1258533026662772736/photo/1

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

We're at the part of the sim where the player has had enough and has now put all the disaster sliders to max for a while before they delete the save.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shackleford posted:

holy poo poo, measles is an rear end in a top hat virus that steals your titers

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1435038508725506050

How long should one wait between an mmr booster and a third booster?

Asking for another, got my mmr and tdap back in november 2020 thanks to the thread

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
https://twitter.com/jeffvandermeer/status/1435066606841905159?s=20

Someone buy him an account. Also, Annihilation is a real good book.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol owned

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

nikosoft posted:

Hell yeah, learning Chinese buddy, Ni hao! :hfive:

how are you learning Chinese? im ABC so 我看不懂, 我听不懂 and i’d like to expand my knowledge but am stuck in middle america with no chinese language schools nearby.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Substandard posted:

Is that the same as the creepy crying bear movie with a stupid ending?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OK baizuo posted:

How long should one wait between an mmr booster and a third booster?

Asking for another, got my mmr and tdap back in november 2020 thanks to the thread

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/hcp/faq.html

quote:

Is there a minimum interval between administering routine vaccines and COVID-19 vaccines?

No. You may administer COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines without regard to timing. This includes simultaneous administration of COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines (including live, attenuated vaccines such as the measles-mumps-rubella [MMR] vaccine) on the same day, as well as coadministration at any time interval. It is unknown whether reactogenicity of COVID-19 vaccine is increased with coadministration, including with other vaccines known to be more reactogenic, such as adjuvanted vaccines or live vaccines.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Substandard posted:

ngl I kind of hate the "it'd just take a month!" take that crops up all the time in this thread too

Doing anything useful would take longer than a month. Everything is way too out of control and we'd need to absolutely squash community transmission to have a chance of coming out clean on the other side, even with a drastically increased vaccination drive. It would absolutely take several months of very real restrictions to break through the low simmering infection floor in the US. We'd probably also have to commit to shorter, localized lockdowns for at least another year or two.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Midsommar?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Yeah, although the book is much different and I think much better.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mdemone posted:

there are a great many books that have been written on the topic. I suggest looking into Timothy Morton's "Hyperobjects" and also Amitrav Ghosh's book that I cannot remember the name of.

edit: "The Great Derangement"
quoting to look up later

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Paradoxish posted:

ngl I kind of hate the "it'd just take a month!" take that crops up all the time in this thread too

Doing anything useful would take longer than a month. Everything is way too out of control and we'd need to absolutely squash community transmission to have a chance of coming out clean on the other side, even with a drastically increased vaccination drive. It would absolutely take several months of very real restrictions to break through the low simmering infection floor in the US. We'd probably also have to commit to shorter, localized lockdowns for at least another year or two.

good thing we don’t have to worry about what kind of lockdown is most effective since there will never be any type of lockdown

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Nocturtle posted:

Behold the novel high-tech solution that would have prevented Australia's current uncontrolled COVID outbreak, famously caused by a limo driver getting infected after transporting international arrivals to their hotel quarantine:

Do they have a zoo in Sydney?

BTW if anyone reading this thread is affiliated with New Zealand's quarantine program please know that I'm available for consultations at reasonable rates.

No joke, this is how I imagined the transport would work. It's pretty funny that a half-baked idea that comes to you while you're taking a dump is more sensible than what actually played out in reality, but there you go

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Substandard posted:

yeah it's a great book, the follow up books are alright but can't touch that initial one

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Just want to take a second and say how much a appreciate Rubby’s artwork. These are really something special and I always brighten up when my doomscrolling takes me past a fed-up penguin.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shaddup, Jimmy

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

poll plane variant posted:

these are all some op to get us sympathetic with the horse paste morons but lol if true

i don't think this poster is trying to boost sympathy for the chuds

https://twitter.com/getvaxxedstat/status/1434675252663967748?s=20

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice
is it actually possible to secure monoclonal antibodies as a normal vaccinated person

what is the trick, is it just "have insurance and some disposable income"

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Dreadite posted:

is it actually possible to secure monoclonal antibodies as a normal vaccinated person

you also need to test positive very early on in the disease progression

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I though regeneron is only given to asymptomatic people who have only been infected for a couple days at most

e.g. rich people getting tested every day

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
also we should start a c-spam chinese learning discord or something. i've been thinking about getting into it again lately but haven't started yet

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

turd in my singlet posted:

yep

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

also we should start a c-spam chinese learning discord or something. i've been thinking about getting into it again lately but haven't started yet

id be down

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Added some more minimalist UI for the covid simulator. I also added the option to mask or vaccinate your character ( don't have any cool sprites for it yet). I also added some little updates in the bottom corner as things go on mostly for fun

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

Dreadite posted:

https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/therapeutics-distribution

just tells you if a place has recieved shipments of mAbs but i guess you can call up the places and see if they still have any

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nocturtle posted:

Behold the novel high-tech solution that would have prevented Australia's current uncontrolled COVID outbreak, famously caused by a limo driver getting infected after transporting international arrivals to their hotel quarantine:

Do they have a zoo in Sydney?

BTW if anyone reading this thread is affiliated with New Zealand's quarantine program please know that I'm available for consultations at reasonable rates.

yeah they do, but our main zoo is in canberra!!!(parliament house)

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Dreadite posted:

I tried this and the answer was "lol no way"

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dr Fauci could easily be the dark sinister government official in an early 90's movie, he's so shady and also has so much misinformation.

also i don't think he cares one bit at all if people die, as long as he looked Super Smart the whole time.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm all for caring for the unvaccinated by choice morons on this mortal plane, but discharging another patient that presumably still needed hospital level care? gently caress em, do better triage. The care of the sensible should not be thrown under the bus of morons.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Coldrice posted:

Added some more minimalist UI for the covid simulator. I also added the option to mask or vaccinate your character ( don't have any cool sprites for it yet). I also added some little updates in the bottom corner as things go on mostly for fun

this is fully sick

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

no eye protection? :rip:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Both Sydney and Canberra are in lockdown with 5km travel limits, but the Aussie PM thought that was a good time to see his dad on Father's Day when no one else can

Scott Morrison defends trip back to Sydney over Father's Day during COVID lockdowns
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-07/scott-morrison-criticised-sydney-trip-covid-lockdown/100439354

Same guy went to Hawaii during the massive bush fires and Scotland to meet some relatives when international travel was banned.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

McNugget Buddy posted:

What vaccines did you get? 2 doses? How recent?

Did either of you get a 3rd shot? How recently?

We both had pfizer. My second dose was in April.