Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
She is a burst support who deals a really large damage initial burst followed by the ability to deal some additional damage afterwards.

My description of player her probably doesn't help much, since I have her polearm... but on floor 10 fighting the lawachurls, I'd hit her skill as they spawned, swirl with kazuha, and then switch back and burst with her then melee them to death before her burst ran out. That's with her level 80 and rank 8 burst. The initial strike of her 1/2 - 3/4 charged burst is comparable my Hu Tao's (talent level 8, below half health during skill, Dragon's Bane ) burst does on a vaporizing hit when it doesn't crit. Sadly, the elemental reactions don't give a crap about any of that, and you don't even notice them in comparison.

I usually don't get alot of use out of her melee attacks afterwards, because my Kazuha usually kills any fodder that his swirl sucks up. It's really only the meaty guys like Geovishaps, lawachurls, and ruin guards that see her melee attacks land.

She's also great if you can build the charges on her burst or can run her in a comp as a free slot. I feel like she was made to wipe the floor with the mirror maiden on 12-1-2. Never even got a mark on me and dead in 8 seconds flat.

Using Raiden/Kazuha/Geo/Zhongli, I was able to go to the 4 ruin guards in the gunyun forest, gather them all together, apply electro, swirl, and then kill at 4 of them with raiden burst before the cool down ended. That's only doable with Hu Tao/XQ/Geo/ZhongLi in my currently comps, so I'm pretty happy with that.

I have the pieces for an EM build now. Maybe when I get some Yanfei comps I'll give them a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

What's the concensus on Raiden now that she's been out for a bit?

I'm 70 pulls deep in the event banner with my next 5* guaranteed

You're going to get a different 5* before pulling her in the next 10 pull

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Aside from EM built Anemo characters, what other character types are worth the power gain to level from 80 to 90? Is Hu Tao for more HP one of them?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
every primary dps, eventually, just because it affects the damage malus from fighting things higher level than you. yeah it's only a few percent overall, but so is crowning talents and people do that all the time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

He just said it's a hard pity. But I believe in Qiqi. Qiqi always finds a way

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mang Tomas posted:

Aside from EM built Anemo characters, what other character types are worth the power gain to level from 80 to 90? Is Hu Tao for more HP one of them?

"Worth the power gain" is relative. You'll be more benefit from characters who's reactions only depend on level and EM (electro and anemo) , but also HP goes up on non trivial amount for characters dependent on HP. The big kicker taking people to 90 is it just takes so drat many purple exp books to get them there, and the events/leylines/shops that dole them out are pretty miserly with them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mang Tomas posted:

Level 90 is worth it for characters who scale off of HP, Def, or flat-damage reactions (swirl/overload/electro-charge).
So Hu Tao, Zhongli, Albedo, Noelle.... maybe Diona if you're feeling rich and want fatter shields.

RareAcumen posted:

Happened to me! I got a Jean and then Baal 16 rolls later

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 7, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my 90s are...Hu Tao, Zhongli, Kazuha, Diona, and Sayu

Venti, Albedo, and some of my other carries could be but there's always new characters coming out. Kokomi and Thoma probably get 90 before either of those more useful guys because i just don't value them enough :)

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Klee is my only 90 because she's my main with triple crown talents.

I'd level more to 90 but it's nearly 175 books from 80 to 90 and I don't farm books that much atm.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i've only taken ganyu to 90, and only because we had an event that looked at your highest level unit

most everyone else i have at A6 hovers between 80 to 85 with a couple of exceptions

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1435099256457547783
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1435099256298295297

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
FYI that I noticed in the most recent update notice: apparently Aloy is bugged so that leveling her effectively doesn't cost Mora, and they won't have it fixed until the 9th.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

guess I'm farming exp books for the next couple days

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of feel for Chongyun, honestly? Dude is extremely good at running off ghosts but has no practical experience as an exorcist, so he can't contribute to the body of knowledge and if there's ever a ghost that isn't scared of him it's going to be, like, an end boss ghost he has no idea how to fight.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kater posted:

I feel like I’ve been trying to make Yoimiya work for a month and she just didn’t until adding Raiden. Another giant aoe nuke and slashing for a second or two are exactly what Yoimiya needed from a support, alongside the hoolahoop eyeball making Yoimiya’s burst feel like a sensible and reasonable thing (it isn’t).

Also overload is categorically Fun.

Ganyu + Yoimiya is great. You throw Ganyu's E + Q and then just melt enemies standing around the flower wondering why they are constantly getting croy'd and pyro'd.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
As yoimiya you can only melt 1/3 of your normal attacks due to ICD shenanigans. So instead of x2 damage it averages out to just x1.33.

Still a somewhat chunky damage buff but not really gamechanging.
Yoimiya is a very team-agnostic character in that way where nobody actually synergizes with her so she can kind of run with whatever team she wants due to not having 'mandatory' supports like Xingqiu for Diluc/HuTao

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

I kind of feel for Chongyun, honestly? Dude is extremely good at running off ghosts but has no practical experience as an exorcist, so he can't contribute to the body of knowledge and if there's ever a ghost that isn't scared of him it's going to be, like, an end boss ghost he has no idea how to fight.

Bash it with a very large club, the same way he fights everything else.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

whats the deal with this aloy character i've seen mention of? some kind of console exclusive?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Console exclusive at the moment, will be given to PC players at the next update.

She's 5*, but I'm told underwhelming.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 7, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

whats the deal with this aloy character i've seen mention of? some kind of console exclusive?

yes, but all users will get her next patch (or is it just PC users?)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
How do Aloy's constellations work? Will she get her own banners at some point?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would assume they'll be free in an event some point 2.3 onwards

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hopefully if they do it like that, it's not as tedious as what fgo does with its free event characters

tho not gonna complain too much if that's the price to pay for not having to spend rolls on collab stuff

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One Constellation if you buy Horizon: Forbidden West for the Playstation 5. One Constellation if you buy Horizon: Forbidden West for the PC. One Constellation if you buy Horizon: Forbidden West for the Switch...

I just realized that's still cheaper than getting constellations for other 5 stars, lol

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Console exclusive at the moment, will be given to PC players at the next update.

She's 5*, but I'm told underwhelming.

She is a 5* the same way traveler is a 5*. Her stats and damage ratios look very much like your average 4* except she has no constellations. Still, one big single hit cryo nuke will always have a place in the game so she has that going for her.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Which crafted weapons are worth building? I need spears for both Raiden and Xiangling but only have one of the catch, so the alternative at this time based on what I have is either a Favonius lance (which I have 2 copies of to refine once) or Dragonspine Spear/Prototype Starglitter/Crescent Spear.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BabyRyoga posted:

Which crafted weapons are worth building? I need spears for both Raiden and Xiangling but only have one of the catch, so the alternative at this time based on what I have is either a Favonius lance (which I have 2 copies of to refine once) or Dragonspine Spear/Prototype Starglitter/Crescent Spear.
Favonious lance is good in general, definitely better than the craftables for both characters. I can't tell you whether to refine or not.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

Crescent Pike with my XL carry for a long time. It has the advantage of being able to be buffed 45% by Tianshu Meat. It doesn't hold up in the meta forever, but She's better than the traveler and any of the other free characters.

In the long term, you'll want her as a burst support. Favonious is good enough because of the ER it provides. It's not too terrible if you have any kind of crit rate boost from artifacts.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 7, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

If you have Kaz, one of his BiS weapons is the Mondstadt crafted sword

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa you can feed the cats aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Happened to me! I got a Jean and then Baal 16 rolls later

Yeah I actually got Qiqi'd on Ganyu's banner and then the next 10pull had a Ganyu

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Done with the event:

Not sure why my score crashed so hard in the mid challenges, I felt like I was clearing them as fast as the first one.

Overall I would say I liked the idea behind the challenge but 6 teams is too much, and changing teams comps/buffs is to much pain in the rear end to bother. Next time they need to improve the UI if they want people to engage with it beyond a single clear.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think all of the levels feel the same and the room is too big. If stage three were only ruin guards for example you'd be encouraged to switch your teams up but the same stuff is good against every round.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I like the event but there are a bunch of things that make it less fun than it could be.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i would say the samey nature of each challenge and setup time for the teams meant i just played very casual bare minimum, did not get very invested

it seems strange to me that there didn't seem to be a way to see actual wave breakdowns for enemies, so if you set a bad team for where they pop out in the fights, you have to sit on your hands until it lets you swap. did enjoy some time trying Ganyu (still dunno if i like her) and it was nice for at least feeling a bit more generous than similar events.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Andrast posted:

Yeah I like the event but there are a bunch of things that make it less fun than it could be.

Yeah I really enjoyed it day one and then was immediately disappointed the next day that it was just the exact same thing with the exact same characters.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Tooling around with Childe was fun but more importantly, I learned not to spend more resources on Ningguang until I get at least C1. She's just not fun to use at C0.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I think the Hyakunin Ikki is the most fun I've had with an event, mostly because I don't have most of the trial characters and it's they're cool to try out

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you plan on pulling Kokomi you might want to start specter farming. I've done every specter in the handbook for 4 days now and still don't have enough to level 80 6/6/6 her (and the catch and aloy both use the same mats). For some reason inazuma drops are all just a giant pain in the rear end to farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
details. Story spoilers

The Shogun doesn't breath because she's a puppet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBjcFEmuSE