Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That mini Disney castle looks adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Mini golf, Floating island, are I think the best ones. I like just the interior of the doughnut shop. And i like the clock but how would I build it?

Sorry I was talking about the one linked not the one actually present. gently caress that one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like the space probes, but it won't be made.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

I like just the interior of the doughnut shop
Hey, I'll take what I can get!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'd love the Orca, but my prediction for which set gets made is the mini golf course. Which could be pretty cool with a fresh redesign.

If it's the game stop piece of poo poo, I hope they grossly overestimate demand and take a huge loss on it.

Re: BTS. You gotten beaten to the punch by an inferior design, carbs. That's the problem with Ideas, anything with a rabid fanbase only needs a step above a mspaint drawn rectangle submission to carry it over the line.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is that donut big enough to put an Iron Man minifig in?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How did the Mystery Machine one get through? Lego already made an official set.

Cojawfee posted:

lol at that tensegrity set. Lego will never in a million years make a set as precarious as that.

With 4 stabilizing strings I don’t think it’s as fragile as it looks.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
needs a few more parts and a minifig but done enough to show off

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

How did the Mystery Machine one get through? Lego already made an official set.

I think if they get 10000 votes they make it to review but then will get struck for IP reasons as appropriate

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Hey, I'll take what I can get!

It's a really good bakery with the sheet pans.
E: I like the exterior too I just got confused by the two links and the interior stuck out to me so I remembered it even as I scrolled post the other one which I thought was just looking bad because I was looking at it harder on my second pass

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 7, 2021

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dogen posted:

I think if they get 10000 votes they make it to review but then will get struck for IP reasons as appropriate

Theoretically IP that's not allowed is supposed to get screened out at the submission stage, but it relies on self-reporting so it's possible that you could One Weird Trick your way through it by simply not checking the box that says it's a Scooby-Doo entry.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Of all those sets, Jaws is probably the only one I'd buy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

needs a few more parts and a minifig but done enough to show off

Nice sand castle!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like that the Ideas batch is full of medieval things, but I'd rather LEGO just start another official Castle line.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lego Mexico leaked this

It will be officially revealed soon

Also

Sadly you'd have to buy 2 to get all 8 reindeer

EDIT: By the way the Swing Ship Ride GwP is back for orders over a certain amount September 6-8th. I guess they had some leftover.
EDIT2: And apparently the sailboat GwP will be back for Sep 13-30. I guess they made way too many of those.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 7, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RatHat posted:

Lego Mexico leaked this

Is that a 2x2 cylinder with a hollow stud in it on the highest tower?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
From that Ideas lineup the space probes are the only ones in the overlap of things they might make and things I'd buy. I like a few of the others though.

RatHat posted:

EDIT2: And apparently the sailboat GwP will be back for Sep 13-30. I guess they made way too many of those.

Guessing more people would have got it if the threshold wasn't higher than the cost of a modular.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

Is that a 2x2 cylinder with a hollow stud in it on the highest tower?

Not sure if we are talking about the same piece due to "hollow stud". You mean this?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=17485#T=C

or this?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3942c#T=C

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Fender Stratocaster announced today, $100 on October 1:

Also comes with the option to build it in black and the amp has an accurate internal build with the speaker cone and circuitry, which is a neat touch

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are the strings cut rubber bands?

The tuning hardware and bridge should be chrome. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Ideas blog has more pics.

My boyfriend loves it, so that’s an easy buy for Christmas.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

xzzy posted:

Are the strings cut rubber bands?

The tuning hardware and bridge should be chrome. :v:

They look to me like the elastic bands they used to use in some pull-back-and-go Technic drag race car sets.

EDIT: here’s a link.

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 7, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's definitely a cool set, can't wait to hang it on my wall to fill out the background for my up and coming youtube vlogs.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Lego: understands how an electric guitar has to be connected to an amp.

Also Lego: no idea how the NES got those screens on the TV.

smdh

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

tuo posted:

Lego: understands how an electric guitar has to be connected to an amp.

Also Lego: no idea how the NES got those screens on the TV.

smdh

I question how that pedal is hooked up

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dogen posted:

I question how that pedal is hooked up

That looks like a foot switch for the amp itself. For switching channels or activating an amp effect like a trem or vibrato.

e: also a strat? Pfft, should have been a tele :v:

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 7, 2021

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

ixnay posted:

Also comes with the option to build it in black and the amp has an accurate internal build with the speaker cone and circuitry, which is a neat touch

I'm gonna have to look into alternate builds to turn it into a bass.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

ixnay posted:

That's a great price but I'm kind of surprised the shape of the pickguard looks so off, Lego usually does a better job on that sort of thing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At that scale they'd need new molds to accurately create the pick guard. The lower cutaway only has one stud width to work with.

Maybe the 1x1 plate with a tooth on it could work but the curve leading into it would be a no-go.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Is that the right scale for those buildable action figures?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Not sure why they would include the parts to build it in black. Maybe just to get it to $100?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Not everyone likes red

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Electromax posted:

Is that the right scale for those buildable action figures?

Nah the guitar is probably 11-12 inches.

tuo posted:

Not sure if we are talking about the same piece due to "hollow stud". You mean this?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=17485#T=C

or this?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3942c#T=C

Oh,it's just the first one. For some dumb reason I thought it was a new part with a stud on the side. Dunno what I was thinking I have dozens of that part lol

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
The guitar is pretty good, but the amp is amazing. Love that it has all the internals: spring reverb, sound hole for the speaker, tubes and capacitors hangin' out, and the full circuit board. Amazing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing the sleigh will be a GWP around black friday. Hopefully, this year isn't a disaster like last year. If you forget, all the new sets sold out immediately and by the holidays nothing was available. So there were the typical holiday GWPs and nothing to buy to qualify for them.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Hopefully production issues have been somewhat resolved.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dogen posted:

Hopefully production issues have been somewhat resolved.

I don't think it was production so much as it was resellers. They seem to have calmed down this summer. But we'll see in the coming months.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The sleigh seems too substantial to be a GWP. Strikes me as a $40 set with the 4 reindeer and all.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
since the legocaster costs pretty close to a fender squire, when can we expect to see lego stud famous painting kits that approach the cost of the art work they're representing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Trailer for the Lego Star Wars Halloween special...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Xyiun4LXs

The Christmas one from last year was cute, so I'll give it a chance.