Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who keeps putting stuff in cans. That's some alabama of europe level poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bryan is good and mustard is gross

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're supposed to put poop onto the food

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sportsgenius86 posted:

mustard is gross

if you mean american yellow mustard yes

if you mean all mustards MODS?!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Learning all the weird and arcane commandments of junk food in this wrestling forum.

Idiots! It's garbage, just enjoy eating it!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
As someone who lives in Asia I can tell you that if you buy a wiener on a stick in a night market they'll most certainly squirt it with ketchup, same with corn dogs. Yellow mustard is an option but a slightly rarer one. Relish is not very popular here because pickles aren't popular, probably due to the price but also dill isn't really a thing here so you don't have people making their own. Kimchi and Sriracha are not common but I have seen it before. If the place is very westernized then there might be a "Mexican" dog on the menu which includes pico de gallo. Similarly there are "Japanese" dogs that have teriyaki sauce or "Texas" dogs that have BBQ sauce. Chili dogs are also fairly common at such places, though not popular. Curry dogs exist as well but these are usually situations where the sausage is a homemade one that had curry powered added during the mixing and not curry poured on top.

You can get a hot dog from 711, and they will offer packets with mustard, ketchup, relish, along with packets containing a kind of sweet chili sauce, a thick soy sauce. The bun is sold separately from the sausage so it's a bit more common to see kids/teens eat just the sausage as a cheap afternoon snack.

The strangest hot dog topping I have seen, was topped with macaroni and cheese.

Some places offer "falafel dogs" as a vegetarian option.

The best hot dogs locally are from a Danish place. The toppings of the best option include strips of red and yellow bell peppers, jalapenos, dill pickes, a three cheese blend shredded and melted on top, fried onions and a healthy spread of beer mustard. The sausage is a real thick one, probably around an inch and a half in diameter. It's like a $6USD hot dog but it's drat good.

Should also mention that Costco here is same as back in the states in terms of hot dogs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The cough is back.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

njsykora posted:

The cough is back.

ruh roh

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That Q&A is so much fun.

I wanna say something extremely dorky like "Bryan's heel character is really over" but sarcastic Bryan is very funny.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Loving song chat this morning

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Song chat may be an all timer.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

"I have tickets to The Beach Boys!"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave saying the only way he can get a song out of his head is by going to a concert - because he doesn't have time to listen to a different song over and over again. That man has a beautiful mind.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

HidaO-Win posted:

Song chat may be an all timer.

The mental image of Dave just bopping away to Rancid brings a big smile to my face

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dave burying Ryan nemeth:aaa:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Burying the lede about Dave not being a fan of Sour Boy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That was almost as good as Bryan's amazement at Dave not wanting to talk about a BTE segment in excruciating depth.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Burying the lede about Dave not being a fan of Sour Boy.
Dave is good

Hmm

Dave Meltzer is a land of contrast

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Honestly, if you're having like a really nice hot dog that's well made on a nice bun, if you're paying over a certain amount of money for it, having it with ketchup on it seems like a waste, because it's so sweet and it's such an overwhelming flavour you're covering up the taste of the meat you're paying for. Lots of other things can compliment the meat without drowning it out, but ketchup is so sweet. Might as well just empty a ketchup packet into your mouth. Ultimately, you do you, though, everybody's taste is different, but I see where the ketchup on a hot dog haters are coming from, even though they're being way, way too pushy and aggressive about it.

If you're having a normal cheap hot dog on a white bun or whatever then who cares

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

El Generico posted:

Honestly, if you're having like a really nice hot dog that's well made on a nice bun, if you're paying over a certain amount of money for it, having it with ketchup on it seems like a waste, because it's so sweet and it's such an overwhelming flavour you're covering up the taste of the meat you're paying for. Lots of other things can compliment the meat without drowning it out, but ketchup is so sweet. Might as well just empty a ketchup packet into your mouth. Ultimately, you do you, though, everybody's taste is different, but I see where the ketchup on a hot dog haters are coming from, even though they're being way, way too pushy and aggressive about it.

If you're having a normal cheap hot dog on a white bun or whatever then who cares

all but the last two words of this post were redundant

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In Europe they put mayonnaise on hot dogs

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

is this why hulkamatt banned hot dog chat when he was modding, cause i get it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Joey McChrist posted:

Yes

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Cavauro posted:

you're supposed to put poop onto the food

This doesn't seem right

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

In case you missed it,

https://twitter.com/VRTLPROS/status/1435225806083698688?s=19

I love Dave so much

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

the BEACH BOYS?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It's not even the Beach Boys, it's just Mike Love playing the pre-1966 stuff + "Kokomo" in front of an audience base that's now basically 90% Trumpers

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
In surprising news, Bryan wrote a column for Sports Illustrated

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1435274765518790662

Surprising, because I don't think Bryan's written anything since the Obama administration.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
his writing style is so much better than dave's

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s such a shame that Costco got rid of the spicy deli mustard and the diced onions for their hot dogs, just not the same with regular yellow

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dsriggs posted:

In surprising news, Bryan wrote a column for Sports Illustrated

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1435274765518790662

Surprising, because I don't think Bryan's written anything since the Obama administration.

he had a book published 2 years ago

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

jesus WEP posted:

he had a book published 2 years ago
Given Bryan's...spotty work ethic, I'd love to know how that came about and what the hell he was offered as an advance to write a generic "101 things to do before you die" book.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Joey McChrist posted:

Today's WOL would get Bryan banned.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

As someone who lives in Asia I can tell you that if you buy a wiener on a stick in a night market they'll most certainly squirt it with ketchup, same with corn dogs. Yellow mustard is an option but a slightly rarer one. Relish is not very popular here because pickles aren't popular, probably due to the price but also dill isn't really a thing here so you don't have people making their own. Kimchi and Sriracha are not common but I have seen it before. If the place is very westernized then there might be a "Mexican" dog on the menu which includes pico de gallo. Similarly there are "Japanese" dogs that have teriyaki sauce or "Texas" dogs that have BBQ sauce. Chili dogs are also fairly common at such places, though not popular. Curry dogs exist as well but these are usually situations where the sausage is a homemade one that had curry powered added during the mixing and not curry poured on top.

You can get a hot dog from 711, and they will offer packets with mustard, ketchup, relish, along with packets containing a kind of sweet chili sauce, a thick soy sauce. The bun is sold separately from the sausage so it's a bit more common to see kids/teens eat just the sausage as a cheap afternoon snack.

The strangest hot dog topping I have seen, was topped with macaroni and cheese.

Some places offer "falafel dogs" as a vegetarian option.

The best hot dogs locally are from a Danish place. The toppings of the best option include strips of red and yellow bell peppers, jalapenos, dill pickes, a three cheese blend shredded and melted on top, fried onions and a healthy spread of beer mustard. The sausage is a real thick one, probably around an inch and a half in diameter. It's like a $6USD hot dog but it's drat good.

Should also mention that Costco here is same as back in the states in terms of hot dogs.

Basically, Americans are to junkfood what the English are to sports - they're good at coming up with good ones, but someone else will always do it better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

edogawa rando posted:

Basically, Americans are to junkfood what the English are to sports - they're good at coming up with good ones, but someone else will always do it better.

Who has bested the English at the noble contest of cheese rolling?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nepal, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the USA, apparently.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1435385714452144129?s=21

What’s SRS got behind that pay windah?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote:

A major star's WWE contract is coming due sooner than later, and it's one most people don't expect.

Fightful has been made aware that one WWE contract expires much sooner than originally thought by the public. Kevin Owens did an interview in May of 2018 with TVA Sports where he'd stated that he'd signed a new 5-year contract that would carry him into 2023. However, as it turns out, that deal is actually now up in January 2022, according to WWE sources.

We've learned from a WWE official that WWE restructured several contracts ahead of the pandemic, and for whatever reason, Kevin Owens' deal was changed to expire in January 2022. We were not told of any additional terms of the deal or specifically why it was shortened. We'll work to find out if any other deals were adjusted.

WWE has had contract issues of late with Pete Dunne and Adam Cole, but we're told by officials that they're aware of when Owens' deal would be up. Owens, real name Kevin Steen has been with WWE since they announced his signing in August 2014.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Steen/Generico feels like the final piece of this puzzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

during these traitorous times i can tell you sami zayn is loyal. no one worry about him leaving.