Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tatsuta Age posted:

season 2 best season. victor echo november best episode. no further discussion please on it, this is empirical fact!
that's a funny way to spell "The Lepidopterists"

e: what an awful snipe I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

"I am into Costumed Business!"

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

“Where do you keep the poo poo tickets in this dump?”

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I think my ranking is 4>7>3>1>6>2>5>>>>>>>the pilot.

And 7 and 3 go back and forth a lot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm a season 4 man. From there to the end the show it's a rocketship to the moon.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Cacafuego posted:

“Where do you keep the poo poo tickets in this dump?”

Yeah, I totally killed Hitler.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If season 4 was just Every Which Way But Zeus and Operation PROM it would still be the best season.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I was already a fan of the series, but when I experienced 21 and 24's banter with 1 in that episode? I was floored. I paused every few minutes to back it up and re-watch sections of it.

They knew they were Mauve Shirts and he was a Red Shirt.

And they even got to escape the Big Good by pretending to be dummies! And they knew how rare it was to get an opportunity to do that one thing that anyone in costumed business wants to do at least once!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Victor Echo November might be my single favorite episode but I maintain season 3 is better than 2.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

“I am into consumed business” is one of the all time great lines on the show

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think my ranking is 4>7>3>1>6>2>5>>>>>>>the pilot.

And 7 and 3 go back and forth a lot.

I really, really enjoyed season 6. I'm not critiquing anyone else's choices here, I'm just surprised to see 7 and 1 above it. 1 is a bit raw as far as seasons go and 7 I found to run out of gas after the amazing opening three-parter, but maybe I need to go back and rewatch it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I read this too fast and thought you were saying the Dr Quymm episode was your favorite. I was deeply confused for a second there.

I really like that episode, like I think it may be among my favourites of season 3

What's wrong with it? It's great fun, with a nice change of scenery with the family actually on an adventure for once rather than just hanging around the compound

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I think I'm gonna start another rewatch and finally finish reading The Tome as i go

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don’t hate the Dr Quymn episode but I’d guess people don’t like it because it sticks out in a season where everything else is main plot or world building. I will always laugh at Brock calling Hank “broken arrow” after his ceremonial circumcision.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah Dr Quymn has soooo many good gags, but then every episode does, so the setting and other aspects are more what makes it a highlight for me

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

season 2 best season. victor echo november best episode. no further discussion please on it, this is empirical fact!

Do you dab? I dab.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Stop saying dab!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Nilbop posted:

I really, really enjoyed season 6. I'm not critiquing anyone else's choices here, I'm just surprised to see 7 and 1 above it. 1 is a bit raw as far as seasons go and 7 I found to run out of gas after the amazing opening three-parter, but maybe I need to go back and rewatch it.

Season 7 has Red Death and his "ticking clock" monologue

also

DrMtM: "How long do we have until they regain consciousness?"
RD: "Uh..."

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Qymm episode is pretty weak overall but I'll be damned if I don't laugh my rear end off at Doc barrelling off the roof of the car during every rewatch.

Plus despite being mostly a standalone it does retroactively contain some deep lore as it contains the first on-screen (background) appearance of the Blue Morpho!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, Quymn may not be a good episode, but it's got a number of great jokes and moments.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Is there an alternate timeline where that all worked out and they formed the Venture Bunch?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nilbop posted:

1 has the advantage of me seeing it like a dozen more times than 6. I love how monarch heavy 6 is though, his whole arc is fantastic.

7 has a lot of great episodes. The opening three parter, the Inamorta Consequence and the Bellicose Proxy are all-time greats.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Ajaxify posted:

Do you dab? I dab.

Cojawfee posted:

Stop saying dab!

I can't believe it's hard to kill these two!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

pablo gbscobar posted:

Qymm episode is pretty weak overall but I'll be damned if I don't laugh my rear end off at Doc barrelling off the roof of the car during every rewatch.

Easily top 3 visual jokes in the series.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

tarlibone posted:

I can't believe it's hard to kill these two!

I used the rife!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The pilot is rough but it has its moments like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmFQmzBwtU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I've always wanted a weird callback with that, but with Brock somehow being forced to back down against Billy's mother of all characters.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

limp_cheese posted:

The pilot is rough but it has its moments like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmFQmzBwtU

I appreciate how they reference Unhinged Brock from the pilot as how he was between the incident that created Phantom Limb and the beginning of the series.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The reaction when Dr V finds out Quymn is epileptic is an alltimer

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It's so perfect. Just the sheer disgust on his face.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol, Dr. V

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Brock Samson. The Venture Mule. Do you always hang out naked in the men's bathroom?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

nnnnnnnnnnnnnice rear end, samson

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I love the audible plop in the toilet as soon as he pops up behind 21 and 24.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm doing a push!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm taking a Count Dooku

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Brock Samson. The Venture Mule. Do you always hang out naked in the men's bathroom?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

gasp! it is true!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Re-watching OSI Love You today and for the first time, I caught that Molotov’s father, the “Siberian Husky” (KGB’s deadliest assassin) had 2 different colored irises like the dogs often do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My wife and I just watched Arrears in Science for the first time. HOLY poo poo. What an amazing, DENSE 22 minutes.