Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Weird how relying on consumption and bought experiences to obscure the fact that you are empty doesn't actually help your mental health but keep chasing that loving rainbow I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

man people have gotten really fuckin lovely in this thread today huh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Der Meister posted:

Atlantic just put out an article by a crack heme onc about how masks have real risks!!! with no data ofc

it’s wild watching all this poo poo unfold

open biden

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CNNSotu/status/1435220487534227464

10% of all recorded American COVID cases have occurred in the last month

Open Biden!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Otoh maybe kids will be so hosed up by their parents' decisions that we'll get some cool new punk music in a few years.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

poo poo at a bare minimum we could recognize that this poo poo is going to be around in waves for some time and we should probably shift semesters away from peaks and into troughs but that would mean no suck n gently caress summer so

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/CNNSotu/status/1435220487534227464

10% of all recorded American COVID cases have occurred in the last month

Open Biden!

glad we're opening schools full time to slow down the spread

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I thought Trump's response to COVID was abysmal, but Biden has been pretty much non-existent as a President. He just kinda totters outs, reads the teleprompter, and then gets confused and wanders away.

Failed state.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The kids are just gonna have to be a bit dumber. It sucks but it's better than spreading the pandemic to everyone forever.

Like kids in hot war zones don't go to school. Sucks rear end for them but it's how it's gotta be.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
remember last year when liberals were adamant in their unified message that kids both don't spread covid and schools aren't a place where covid spreads lmao

e: and as always everybody here said that was the case and libs everywhere yelled at anybody that told them otherwise

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
seeing my family just rush to sacrifice their kids on the applebee's altar has been an interesting if not altogether unsurprising part of this crisis. got to give it you, that was novel

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's so great about kids anyways? You can't even send them to work anymore to make a little side cash.

For Sale: Baby N95 mask, never worn

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

The kids are just gonna have to be a bit dumber. It sucks but it's better than spreading the pandemic to everyone forever.

Like kids in hot war zones don't go to school. Sucks rear end for them but it's how it's gotta be.

they wont be dumb because they missed some school. they'll just become educated in different things instead

but getting covid could actually make them dumb

lol demon cracker nation

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SchrodingersCat posted:

I thought Trump's response to COVID was abysmal, but Biden has been pretty much non-existent as a President. He just kinda totters outs, reads the teleprompter, and then gets confused and wanders away.

Failed state.

Give him a chance! It's only been 230 days

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zisky posted:

Otoh maybe kids will be so hosed up by their parents' decisions that we'll get some cool new punk music in a few years.

9/11 just led to a bunch of mopey bullshit, so I can only imagine 500 9/11's will produce the second-coming of "Hands Across America"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McNugget Buddy posted:

9/11 just led to a bunch of mopey bullshit, so I can only imagine 500 9/11's will produce the second-coming of "Hands Across America"

There won't be enough survivors to make it from coast to coast

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SchrodingersCat posted:

Failed state.

it's pretty funny to see how Biden was used only as a trojan horse to let democrats get seats of power and continue their sole policy position of "let's throw billions of dollars at things in the hopes it solves something"

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Wamsutta posted:

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of gamers are going to be able to snatch up a new Xbox or Ps5 tho, because a lot of Christmas gifts simply aren't going to be used :)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/mursebigford/status/1435324356859596801

of particular this-is-fine.jpeg interest, I've seen games of telephone in right wing mormon circles around these parts turn people dying from COVID into people dying from the COVID vaccine. the brains are fundamentally broken.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
for sale, baby game, never played.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Hey so did we ever get an explanation as to what causes Covid 'brain fog'? Is it brain damage from oxygen starvation or is it more a direct effect of the virus on the brain. The fact that it gets all up in there and fucks with your sense of smell indicates that it could be just directly giving you brain damage I guess?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i would rather my kids get kinda awkward and gain an encyclopedic knowledge of pokemans, over the course of a year or two, rather than roll the dice every day by sending them to the plague mines

somebody help i need a therapist what have i become

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

maybe we can do both

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

this is the AAP's chart, but they rely on compiling state level data (CDC is at least 2 weeks behind and also has issues with the data)

and this is the hosed part: TX has always significantly undercounted, MA is an estimate, NE stopped reporting them at all, AL, HI, MO, RI, IA, CO, WV all changed their definitions this summer resulting in less cases, hospitalizations and deaths, etc etc etc

that last week is higher than any other week back when we were counting better is god damned terrifying

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AARP lowers the age of membership to 35, changes its name to American Association of Respirator Possessors

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Blackhawk posted:

Hey so did we ever get an explanation as to what causes Covid 'brain fog'? Is it brain damage from oxygen starvation or is it more a direct effect of the virus on the brain. The fact that it gets all up in there and fucks with your sense of smell indicates that it could be just directly giving you brain damage I guess?

vascular stuff goes everywhere

people with VHL syndrome can end up with "brain tumors" that are actually vascular but right off the stem.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I'm kind of shocked people on this forum thought it would ever go any other way, tbh.

Maybe I'm just more jaded/cynical than your average leftist but this is the basic arc I expected everything to go in last year.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
people keep bitching about covid, better start a new war to distract them from the covid

how about. . .grenada

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I mean i'm not a doctor (paging the actual doctor goons) but a vascular disease having a profile where you can end up with random organ damage doesn't seem that surprising.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Blackhawk posted:

it’s certainly not brain damage because some lib goons let me have it when I suggested it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I'm kind of shocked people on this forum thought it would ever go any other way, tbh.

Maybe I'm just more jaded/cynical than your average leftist but this is the basic arc I expected everything to go in last year.

I didn't expect any kind of vaccine to be widely available by now, but as usual my worst-case projection for how things might go was dwarfed by the reality of the situation being worse than i could possibly imagine

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

SchrodingersCat posted:

Failed state.

umm he's tweeting get vaccinated at least once a day, what more do you want from him?
open biden

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Penisaurus Sex posted:

way back in the very beginning of all of this i made a post that the fact that the disease takes awhile and will move through the country at different rates means that we'll have constantly shifting hot spots and competing lockdown procedures which basically meant that there was never gonna be a way to get it under control

stupid of me to think there'd ever be lockdowns again tbh

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
doctors say covid will "gently caress up all your poo poo real bad."

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

We're loving exhausted from the plague

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

I didn't expect any kind of vaccine to be widely available by now, but as usual my worst-case projection for how things might go was dwarfed by the reality of the situation being worse than i could possibly imagine

2016-2020 prepped me for this exact moment because if you had told me at the beginning of COVID we would literally pull off the scientific miracle of the last 50 years in developing a safe and effective vaccine in months, but then it would fail because the chuds started mainlining horse paste i would have believed you immediately.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

skewetoo posted:

We're loving exhausted from the plague

yeah. i guess it's good people on here can't punch/shoot each other!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

it just gets all up in there and makes itself home. once you got covid brain there's only one cure: trepanation. Be sure to use a NEW DRILL BIT, you do not want to get tetanus while you're recovering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

yeah. i guess it's good people on here can't punch/shoot each other!!!

:squawk: