Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

labor day was a covid miracle!

trump vindicated, one day it's just going to go away... there it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Lacrosse posted:

Whoa hey my second does of Pfizer is due this Wednesday. Time flies when you have max titers.

Pair up with a friend for max titers for everyone

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol Washington state got rid of its dashboard mission accomplished

inslee-ishly: listen, ya'll don't need a dashboard to know its real back ok? so we're just going to go ahead and not update it anymore (because it was too depressing)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/alhospitals/status/1434983342970183681?s=21

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Pepperoneedy posted:

My wife and I are supposed to fly to a wedding (with a huge bar crawl) the first weekend of October

There has been no amount of pleading or begging or showing covid outcomes that will change her mind about our going to this

:rip: me

Still time to max yer titers

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

decade ago or so, after having a conversation with my grandma (:rip:) about how she'd eat onion sandwiches and loved them, i remember diving down the depression era food rabbit hole and about that tweet? lol yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zXqkHvs0po&t=29s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-GVl7scrYE&t=44s

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

wait what? it's still up here: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/DataDashboard

are they planning to take it down??

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

holy poo poo those icu numbers

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

delta vs mu here we goooo :coronatoot:

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

huh??

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/DataDashboard

is this not it?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

From the results obtained, it is evident that ivermectin therapy has significant adverse effects on the sperm
functions of male onchocerciasis patients so treated. There was a significant reduction or drop in
the sperm counts of the patients after their treatment with ivermectin. Furthermore, the study showed a significant and remarkable drop in the sperm motility of the patients after their treatment with ivermectin. As for the morphology of the sperm, there was a rise in the abnormal
sperms after treatment compared with the morphology before the commencement of treatment.
These changes no doubt are as results of the effects of the drug on the sperm function of the
patients.

Loooooool

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

mod sassinator posted:

wait what? it's still up here: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/DataDashboard

are they planning to take it down??

Sorry the risk assessment one

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yet more reason why every OB that advocated “wait and see” and didn’t push vaccines as critical should lose their loving license. My wife’s current clinic even recommended a booster last week before she told them she already got one. Any doctor not zealously advocating for vaccines for pregnant women is killing them or their babies or both.

There has been conclusive information in vaccine safety in pregnancy for 3 months now and early studies of safety for 6+.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4hCEypcRk

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

Whoa hey my second does of Pfizer is due this Wednesday. Time flies when you have max titers.

So #4?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Children of Men timeline looking good

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

cr0y posted:

So #4?

No, #3 because I got the Walmart vaccine in April

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Schnorkles posted:

way back in the very beginning of all of this i made a post that the fact that the disease takes awhile and will move through the country at different rates means that we'll have constantly shifting hot spots and competing lockdown procedures which basically meant that there was never gonna be a way to get it under control

stupid of me to think there'd ever be lockdowns again tbh

my experience playing flash based pandemic simulator games was enough to make me freak out about a long lasting respiratory infection with a long asymptomatic period

i was too hopeful on covid piercing the veil of bullshit that makes up the US. there's no way a society can just ignore like half a million deaths after all.....

now we're realistically sitting at about a million deaths, and every politician is literally trying to ignore it and pretend covid doesn't exist.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bone Crimes posted:

Seattle School Dashboard. https://www.seattleschools.org/resources/covid-19-dashboard/
Hoping these rates stay low. :sigh:

somehow missed this, thank you
time to :f5: it daily while i 'work' as in try to work and get absolutely nothing done

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

don't forget genocidal

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

We bought tickets to a whiskey festival for end of Sept in early June when cases were plummeting here and the vaccines really were holding up to the original strain. Figured it was a calculated risk to buy them at the time but Pittsburgh was putting up like a handful of cases a day then.

While I guess cash is gone, I'm more upset about the abject failure at every possible level and having even a sliver of hope pulled away.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

Yet more reason why every OB that advocated “wait and see” and didn’t push vaccines as critical should lose their loving license. My wife’s current clinic even recommended a booster last week before she told them she already got one. Any doctor not zealously advocating for vaccines for pregnant women is killing them or their babies or both.

There has been conclusive information in vaccine safety in pregnancy for 3 months now and early studies of safety for 6+.

But if we do that, then it's not an effective genocide.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nothus posted:

Children of Men timeline looking good

children of men but entirely self inflicted by boomer facebook is... its just how things work now. the new normal. we have to learn to live with it

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Lacrosse posted:

Medicinal plants of the Pacific West
https://www.powells.com/book/medicinal-plants-of-the-pacific-west-9781878610317

Can I interest you in a bleeding heart tincture in these trying times?

I am the person uncontrollably angry from pandemic. Is that blueberries helping that? I can't tell since it's sort of cut off.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

holy poo poo those icu numbers

i'm trying to wrap my head around is that saying there are 200 people waiting for a staffed bed, or 200 people in the ICU with no staff or nurse watching them

either are real, real bad :stare:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol in a month both US political parties are going to view the COVID pandemic mainly as a mental health issue

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

covid risk? you just get the vaccine and it's zero. open biden

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Alabama ICUs are 200 people over capacity and they aren't even requiring masks much less shutting anything down.

L
M
A
O

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bone Crimes posted:

Seattle School Dashboard. https://www.seattleschools.org/resources/covid-19-dashboard/
Hoping these rates stay low. :sigh:
also is there any more details on specific schools? been searching around but can't find anything but the link you shared

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's still there?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

200 people in the ICU with no staff or nurse watching them

ha ha ha, boomer, now you're the latchkey kid!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

severe behavioral issues jumped from like 17% to 56% for 7-10 year old and got worse for the ones that already had issues.

if you got lucky and yours don’t fall there good. not everybody got lucky and it’s a real tangible problem. mere hand waving doesn’t make it not a serious problem.

if we had done something about it collectively it would be different. honestly nothing would have been much much better than remote but here we are.

and if I lived in a no mask chud state... that would be a different risk assessment and we would have likely pulled out already. the rich have all pulled out btw. small classes in private schools or tutors for them.

high schools ain’t early elementary. and it’s not about about stupid, it’s about them becoming literally violent and extremely angry. I mean I don’t think high schools or middle schools should be back. but elementary particularly k-2 is a different beast.

If we actually gave a poo poo about children, we would close every restaurant and concert in order to get cases as low as possible so that in-person schooling could be safely open. Instead, lmao

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Goobish posted:

I am the person uncontrollably angry from pandemic. Is that blueberries helping that? I can't tell since it's sort of cut off.

No, it's the entry for bleeding heart from the previous page. I'll have to look up what blueberry is good for when I get home

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

i'm still seeing it here
?

oh
seems like they just moved it?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

The only school in my county that required masks just decided that they no longer require masks because get this, they haven't had a case (or outbreak) since school started two weeks ago.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Goobish posted:

I missed the conversation on plague hobbies awhile back, but does anyone have a good book suggestion for herbalism in the US? Besides just weed lol

Botany in a Day: The Patterns Method of Plant Identification by Thomas J. Elpel is a bit out of date with scientific names, but is by a guy with a background in herbalism and forging. I like it as an introductory text to plant ID, but it does have a lot of ethnobotanical information. I haven't used it for that though.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

looks like the winning move is to only get 1 shot :hmmrona:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

If someone did this to me in a supermarket I'm knocking them the gently caress out.

this is why I do curbside I would end up killing someone

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

genericnick posted:

Should the active charcoal be in front?

i've seen it both ways. sometimes the charcoal layer functions as a prefilter, other times it's behind the HEPA filter.

on my big air filter it goes like this:

outside air -> activated charcoal layer -> HEPA filter -> fan

while my little one looks like this:

outside air -> washable cloth pre-filter -> HEPA -> charcoal -> fan

the charcoal layer in the big one is supposed to replaced every 2 months, while the HEPA has a life span of 6 months, so i'm pretty sure the shorter life span charcoal sheet is being used a pre-filter for the HEPA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1434473943348490242

e: I see this is 2 days old and probably already been posted. :negative: