Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/DavidLee8885/status/1435260152786079749?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

cannot imagine knowing what "agent" meant in this context and still being like "who knows what Bryan Danielson is capable of without like Jamie Noble to take him aside before the match to tell him how to get his rear end kicked by Sheamus properly"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If there isn't a lovely dive leading to an ad break I'm not interested

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really wanna know if these folks were ever excited when an Indy darling came to the fed. Because the way they talk when they leave is as if they were never good and only got good (if they were even good there) because of WWE. Which begs the question if they were not good why did WWE sign them in the first place?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think he was trolling actually

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 7, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shard posted:

I really wanna know if these folks were ever excited when an Indy darling came to the fed. Because the way they talk when they leave is as if they were never good and only got good (if they were even good there) because of WWE. Which begs the question if they were not good why did WWE sign them in the first place?

They were never good before WWE ,and never good after WWE. It was only through the generous benevolence of Vince McMahon that he let them achieve their life long dream of working for him. In all honesty, they should've been paying HIM for the opportunity of wrestling in WWE.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This is an all timer

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

From a Bix post begging JR to lay out during Suzuki's match on Wednesday:

https://twitter.com/ThreeKidneysMoj/status/1435295691388030977?s=20
https://twitter.com/ThreeKidneysMoj/status/1435297798606495748?s=20

Jim Ross is a mole for Vince now, I guess.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The last tweet in the thread is maybe my favorite one:

https://twitter.com/ra_romero88/status/1435106995577634817

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

I think the current theory is that nobody on the indies was ever good and it was the traitorous Triple H who brought in all them vanilla midgets to poison Vince's pure roid freak promotion.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Changing jobs to get a better life for yourself is BETRAYAL

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Bix asking JR to keep out tomorrow? I read that as pointing out he and Excalibur have called MiSu matches before so should know to shut up for the chorus

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Is Bix asking JR to keep out tomorrow? I read that as pointing out he and Excalibur have called MiSu matches before so should know to shut up for the chorus

I'm thinking it means "shut the gently caress up momentarily" in that context

When I was watching live I was internally begging JR to shush for the chorus and thankfully someone tapped him when he started to talk.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like, JR clearly knew his stuff there and was confident in talking up Suzuki. It's not gonna be like Tony half-remembering Nagata.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

D.N. Nation posted:

they RUINED Ruby's debut!!!!!!

Ruby f-in' rules but she's been low-card for years and now she's getting a title shot so, uh? How was it ruined?

So just for those who didn't see All Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B-4m92o67E

Pictured: a woman who is having a terrible time and her experience is ruined.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B-4m92o67E

I have the biggest smile.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

My favorite part of this is how her chyron describes her as an eleven-year veteran in the industry. She isn't some nobody, she's not some rookie, and the rest of her career before AEW actually matters. It's a proper sign of respect that a certain other company doesn't give their wrestlers and it's refreshing to see AEW treating people's time in wrestling with the proper reverence.

(Also I fuckin' love that she jumps into the ring and guns straight for Jade, hell yeah.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dawgstar posted:

I have the biggest smile.

That's the AEW All Out effect :)

E:

If you want to smile some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKTlkulTp8

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 7, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ruby's finisher is real cool.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/Daminous_Purity/status/1435322866497622018?s=19

mick said a thing and the sewage floodgates are opening

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

El Generico posted:

Changing jobs after being fired during a pandemic is BETRAYAL

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This is better in the replies

https://twitter.com/TWTakesPodcast/status/1435332167270342666?s=19

Yes, Karrion Kross' main roster run is proof WWE is better at building talent. This is a thing that was said in sincerity and without a single ounce of venom.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

You'll be shocked to learn that this dude immediately goes into whining about wokeness and SJWs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Zombie Lemur posted:

You'll be shocked to learn that this dude immediately goes into whining about wokeness and SJWs.

There is an overlap with people calling for Joe Biden to be executed and retweeting Vince Russo.

Brad Shepherd is cheating but Bobby Heenan told me to

https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1435095641009573890?s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Ganso Bomb posted:

The last tweet in the thread is maybe my favorite one:

https://twitter.com/ra_romero88/status/1435106995577634817

I think that dude has legit mental issues. I leafed thru his tweets and the vast majority of the recent ones are making GBS threads on Liv Morgan, Alexa Bliss, and Charlotte, saying they're traitors and don't "deserve" WWE championships (because they have friends/loved ones who work in AEW, you see, and were happy for their success); and also just generally continuing his rants about how Vince needs to just fire every single person that dares mention AEW, AEW wrestlers by name, anyone who's ever spoken of AEW in tones that aren't just pure contempt, or even said the letters A, E, and W too close together. And acting like "we" (meaning him and WWE loyalists) are in a war against AEW, when Vince wouldn't even deign to chase him around with lovely underwear on a stick.

E: oh yeah, and he also made a "gently caress Mick Foley" tweet, too

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 7, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know but I know what I feel in my heart so someone tell me if I'm wrong. Is Vince a self made millionaire who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps or is he a trustfund kid who got a lot of money from his parents?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Shard posted:

I don't know but I know what I feel in my heart so someone tell me if I'm wrong. Is Vince a self made millionaire who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps or is he a trustfund kid who got a lot of money from his parents?

Listen to your heart, it knew the answer.

Vincent J. McMahon

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/kljs/status/1435045556540219393?s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's the AEW All Out effect :)

E:

If you want to smile some more.

"God, I love pro wrestling." Me too, Tony. I think I forgot for a while, but now I remember.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 8, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol that's not true. I think about them a lot. And it's usually "but why tho?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

...Tony's not paying them in hotdogs and handshakes. If it's 300k and I get to keep my outside projects and take other bookings and have more creative freedom vs 600k and I lose all of that and still maybe be fired before I even make the money?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

According to Linda McMahon's run for Senate, they were small business owners who started their own little wrestling promotion and built it up through grit and hard work and the sweat from their brow into a billion dollar operation.

In reality, Vince was given control of one of the largest wrestling promotions in North America that his father had been running for 20 years as part of the NWA, and made use of all the connections and the goodwill his father's name has generated since the 60s to make handshake deals in a variety of territories that he then violated in order to take his company national and put everybody else out of business.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i too want to see mick foley do and/or take a canadian destroyer

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't want to see Mick Foley take any bumps under any circumstances whatsoever, but with that being said it would be pretty loving sick if he hit a Canadian Destroyer.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What is with the quotations in that tweet...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't want to see Mick Foley take any bumps under any circumstances whatsoever, but with that being said it would be pretty loving sick if he hit a Canadian Destroyer.

Mick's so goofy I can see him doing the spot while the rest of the Elite hold onto him and gently and slowly rotate him over, like a child learning their first tumble.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Mick used to do a sunset flip from the apron to the floor so he was ahead of his time as far as the extraneous flips that serve no purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Foley could for sure do an Orange Cassidy style destroyer