Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but what you didn't see was him trying the same spot three times, halting midway through, moving the chair a bit, walking back to his start spot, then repeating. All the while his opponent is lying there pretending to be so knocked out Sabu can botch his spot for five minutes.

I was never a Sabu fan.

I'm glad I didn't have to see this stuff, I just waited for Paul Heyman to edit 20 matches worth of footage down to a usable 2 minute misirlou montage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Tato posted:

I'm glad I didn't have to see this stuff, I just waited for Paul Heyman to edit 20 matches worth of footage down to a usable 2 minute misirlou montage

Jesus Christ, that's what this fed needs, Pulp Fiction promos at the end of Road To PPVs

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sabu chat reminded me of RVD and how neither WCW nor WWF/E knew just what the gently caress they had available from him. RVD was the biggest non-big two star in North America in the 90s, and it wasnt even close. We correctly look at him being a botch machine and a dumbass now but he was a king and the prrof was clear from day one of the Invasion. Every single "invader" got booed relentlessly... except RVD who got one of the biggest pops you've ever heard. And he continued to for loving years. And WWE took five loving years to push him, and then cut him off because well hes RVD he got high and poo poo.

This comes to mind because of all the AEW chatter backstage from wrestlers talking about Eddie Kingston and how Eddie has no loving idea how much he is beloved, he's a vet who worked the indies 20 years in front of crowds of a few dozen and he still to this day is humble and thinks they don't know him. He gets pops like prime RVD and while he doesn't know how much hes loved unlike the old days its pretty clear everyone in charge knows how loved he is and consider everything he's done in AEW and remind yourself he debuted just over a year ago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

Sabu chat reminded me of RVD and how neither WCW nor WWF/E knew just what the gently caress they had available from him. RVD was the biggest non-big two star in North America in the 90s, and it wasnt even close. We correctly look at him being a botch machine and a dumbass now but he was a king and the prrof was clear from day one of the Invasion. Every single "invader" got booed relentlessly... except RVD who got one of the biggest pops you've ever heard. And he continued to for loving years. And WWE took five loving years to push him, and then cut him off because well hes RVD he got high and poo poo.

This comes to mind because of all the AEW chatter backstage from wrestlers talking about Eddie Kingston and how Eddie has no loving idea how much he is beloved, he's a vet who worked the indies 20 years in front of crowds of a few dozen and he still to this day is humble and thinks they don't know him. He gets pops like prime RVD and while he doesn't know how much hes loved unlike the old days its pretty clear everyone in charge knows how loved he is and consider everything he's done in AEW and remind yourself he debuted just over a year ago.

In fairness to WCW he was green as gently caress when they had him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As someone who had heard of Eddie Kingston before AEW but never actually seen him in anything, him getting to close out his career in a place where he is loved and valued and happy and healthy is the best story in the entire promotion

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1435348406671745031?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2v7uRwUImQ

Illegally unlicensed themes best themes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

As someone who had heard of Eddie Kingston before AEW but never actually seen him in anything, him getting to close out his career in a place where he is loved and valued and happy and healthy is the best story in the entire promotion

I had seen him wrestle in Chikara shows and he was supposed to come to the UK and work at the first ever indie show I went to (in the most tiny-rear end rinky-dink venue I have ever attended a show at), but he pulled out on the day of the show due to injury and I was super bummed about it.

We did get to see Adam Cole, Chuck Taylor and Colt Cabana still, but Marty Scurll also being there kind of taints the memory.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Adam Cole murdered again, rip

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

"And then you had to publicly apologize to the entire locker room and buy everyone dinner because some random veteran didn't think you deserved first class seats, right?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Adam Cole spot opened up

https://twitter.com/TheRealXPac/status/1435361095619792897?t=KwAzQUbe5X3znP92gjjLFw&s=19

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Johnny might not be on the main roster, but he’s getting the main roster experience

https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1435369989599600641

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

I saw Eddie wrestle on a card here in August 2019 (against Trent Seven) that he was calling his last match, and I'm so happy that it wasn't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Marty Scurll also being there kind of taints the memory.

Which reminds me, Adam Cole being on BTE and Kenny saying,"Hey we're finally all back together!" was a welcome little Nikolai Yezhov moment.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Lid posted:

I'm really hoping Eddie gets a rematch for the TNT belt in Queens and gets to have a huge moment.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

I had seen him wrestle in Chikara shows and he was supposed to come to the UK and work at the first ever indie show I went to (in the most tiny-rear end rinky-dink venue I have ever attended a show at), but he pulled out on the day of the show due to injury and I was super bummed about it.

We did get to see Adam Cole, Chuck Taylor and Colt Cabana still, but Marty Scurll also being there kind of taints the memory.

I'd only seen him on CHIKARA matches on youtube and finally got to see him live at a SCHADENGRAPS show which is... the smallest ring ever built so that owned.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Waltman looks scarily jacked. Showed him to my husband and he thought that was Braun.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Without getting anyone's hopes up too high, Kevin Owens apparently tweeted out coordinates that match up to Mt. Rushmore before deleting it quickly.

If that's not faked....:stare:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

harperdc posted:

Without getting anyone's hopes up too high, Kevin Owens apparently tweeted out coordinates that match up to Mt. Rushmore before deleting it quickly.

Also, his "location" on his Twitter account was changed to "Almost there"

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Sigma posted:

Johnny might not be on the main roster, but he’s getting the main roster experience

https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1435369989599600641

What do you did you want him to say?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

harperdc posted:

His contract is up in January :getin:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What do you did you want him to say?

"fava BEANS"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Also, his "location" on his Twitter account was changed to "Almost there"

Oh drat, and that’s still up now too.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I know I am in the minority, but I like Dolph Ziggler.

I also think it is wholesome and cool and good how the two brothers both poo poo on and support each other in this tweet exchange and others I have seen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BrigadierSensible posted:

I know I am in the minority, but I like Dolph Ziggler.

I also think it is wholesome and cool and good how the two brothers both poo poo on and support each other in this tweet exchange and others I have seen.

Dolph has his "old man yells at cloud" moments, but I can't just outright hate the dude. He has demonstrated multiple times that he actually has a sense of humor. Even if he isn't always funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"fava BEANS"

Someone post the clip I want to show my daughter

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Raffles posted:

I'm really hoping Eddie gets a rematch for the TNT belt in Queens and gets to have a huge moment.

Doing a rematch with Miro at Arthur Ashe feels like the most obvious thing they could possibly do.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1435345888709210114?s=20

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

charge up and jo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

Dolph has his "old man yells at cloud" moments, but I can't just outright hate the dude. He has demonstrated multiple times that he actually has a sense of humor. Even if he isn't always funny.

I still have fond memories of his Team Rocket Phase with AJ and Big E. Or "Ziggy, Biggy and Baby" as AJ called them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dawgstar posted:

I still have fond memories of his Team Rocket Phase with AJ and Big E. Or "Ziggy, Biggy and Baby" as AJ called them.

Personally, my fondness for Ziggler goes back to when he would do the smug ending bits on Zack Ryders old internet show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stupid as it was, I enjoyed the handshake "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler" he would do for weeks on end until Batista tried to kill him

Goofy setup, great punchline

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Has this been posted? Davey Richards not knowing what Cameo is?
https://twitter.com/YasshiVersace/status/1435369197140385794?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Strong "GET OFF MY LAWN" energy

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Davey Richards is such an herb

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hey at least their mom never has to wonder where the third ziggler is

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The punchline is the third Nemeth brother killed a guy in Cleveland.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

The punchline is the third Nemeth brother killed a guy in Cleveland.

okay but how does being given a medal have anything to do with knowing where they're at

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
"Man Frees Another Man from Ohio Permanently: Awarded Highest Civilian Honor"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mean stuff