Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

He's more likely to be signed by the Ravens and sap the value of your Gus Bus and Ty'Son shares than to be of any value himself.

Speak of the devil

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1435369930036289537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

That's obv who I was referring to. :cool:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol just added Bell to a few rosters that I'd added Justice Hill a few days ago, bad backup RB roster churn means football is back

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So uh, speaking of Tony Jones and backup RB roster churn, what kind of value would I want to look for if I have a share of him and the guy with Kamara wants to trade for him? This is my first year in a Dynasty league so I'm not sure how to gauge the value of a backup RB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's gonna be worth more to that guy than to you so trade accordingly. Or post his team let's make a trade together haha

also I have my last draft in 2 hours and I go third and I've decided I want Kamara to fall to me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not sure how recent this is but it’s a good reference:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/08/fantasy-football-rankings-dynasty-trade-value-chart-august-2021-update/

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

So uh, speaking of Tony Jones and backup RB roster churn, what kind of value would I want to look for if I have a share of him and the guy with Kamara wants to trade for him? This is my first year in a Dynasty league so I'm not sure how to gauge the value of a backup RB.

Just keep him imo. Getting a 2nd for him would be absolute robbery (he's done nothing, he might suck, NO might sign a random vet), but anything less you'll just use on a dart throw RB you hope is in as good a situation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bell is cooked.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

my real life league is once again using leaguesafe for no reason. if you're not able to accept payments and write people's name down then you should not be commissioner of the league. the other nine people have venmo, we know who everybody is IRL, nobody has an impending court date where they might be incarcerated and unable to remit payment. the app automates everything else so really collecting payments is the commissioners one and only job.

im posting this here instead of in sleeper, thanks goons

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

my real life league is once again using leaguesafe for no reason. if you're not able to accept payments and write people's name down then you should not be commissioner of the league. the other nine people have venmo, we know who everybody is IRL, nobody has an impending court date where they might be incarcerated and unable to remit payment. the app automates everything else so really collecting payments is the commissioners one and only job.

im posting this here instead of in sleeper, thanks goons

not only that, everyone should be required to be paid up a week before the draft

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Final draft of the year: 6 team, PPR, 5pt Pass TD, -2inc | 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3 W/R/T, K, DEF, 12BN
Wildcats
1. (1) Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
2. (12) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
3. (13) Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)
4. (24) DeAndre Hopkins (Ari - WR)
5. (25) Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)
6. (36) Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC - RB)
7. (37) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
8. (48) Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
9. (49) D'Andre Swift (Det - RB)
10. (60) Amari Cooper (Dal - WR)
11. (61) Noah Fant (Den - TE)
12. (72) Tee Higgins (Cin - WR)
13. (73) Ryan Tannehill (Ten - QB)
14. (84) Mike Davis (Atl - RB)
15. (85) Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE)
16. (96) Kenny Golladay (NYG - WR)
17. (97) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
18. (108) Raheem Mostert (SF - RB)
19. (109) Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)
20. (120) Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
21. (121) Will Fuller V (Mia - WR)
22. (132) Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
23. (133) Kenyan Drake (LV - RB)
24. (144) Younghoe Koo (Atl - K)
25. (145) Chuba Hubbard (Car - RB)
26. (156) New England (NE - DEF)

Obviously it's a bit dumb given the # of teams but it was a lot of fun, we drafted 26 rounds in just under 35 minutes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Started reading the players before I read "6 team" almost had a heart attack

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

Started reading the players before I read "6 team" almost had a heart attack

Holy poo poo same

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Alright Ladies, Gents and Others, here's my main league draft. Been going 12 years and we did a hard reset this year moving over to Sleeper. I picked 9th:

QB: Justin Herbert (8)
RB: Nick Chubb (1), Najee Harris (2), Gus Edwards (6), Chase Edmonds (7)
WR: Mike Evans (3), CeeDee Lamb (4), Tyler Locket (5), Deebo Samuel (9) Darnell Mooney (10), Elijah Moore (12)
TE: Robert Tonyan (11)
D/ST: Bills
K: Tyler Bass

Our flex is just a WR/TE so basically it's a 3WR league, hence the depth.

Thoughts?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sourdough posted:

Just keep him imo. Getting a 2nd for him would be absolute robbery (he's done nothing, he might suck, NO might sign a random vet), but anything less you'll just use on a dart throw RB you hope is in as good a situation.

kiimo posted:

He's gonna be worth more to that guy than to you so trade accordingly. Or post his team let's make a trade together haha

Thanks gents!

kiimo posted:

also I have my last draft in 2 hours and I go third and I've decided I want Kamara to fall to me.
I took him over Josh Allen in a Superflex redraft league because I think he's going to be insane this year with Jameis slingin' it. I also may be braindamaged from becoming a dad during the pandemic so my opinions might be what is insane.
edit: my thinking here was that Kamara's value was greater than if I had Josh Allen and the best RB I could get at 2.9. I ended up with Kamara, Russell Wilson, and DK Metcalf with my first three picks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 8, 2021

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

lol

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Finished all my auctions except my BML (they draft this Saturday in our 20th season.) I'm in 14 leagues!

Just finished an auction for someone who is in Greece and couldn't make the 3 AM start time.

Love having preseason tape this year: Gaskin, Swift, Gibson, and Sutton all look poised to make the leap forward. The RBs are doing things like hitting the hole with their head up, already looking for that second gap. Sutton just clicked with Bridgewater, who we all know loves a WR1.

T. Law has the thing I look for in all running QBs, but rarely see: Same tempo bounce in both a good pocket and a collapsing one. Those QBs who are willing to keep reading the field instead of bouncing faster (indicating an impulse to start running) have extraordinary second years. See: Mahomes, Allen.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
First time playing Fantasy in literally 7 years. Just did our 10 team league snake draft (1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex), had first pick and went full homer:

1. Derrick Henry (RB)
2. AJ Brown (WR)
3. Josh Allen (QB)
4. Mike Evans (WR)
5. Damien Harris (RB)
6. Mike Davis (RB)
7. Tee Higgins (WR)
8. Tyler Higbee (TE)
9. JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR)
10. Baker Mayfield (QB)
11. DJ Chark Jr. (WR)
12. Nyheim Hines (RB)
13. Ryan Succop (K)
14. Gerald Everette (TE)
15. KC Chiefs (DEF)

Starting JuJu and Higgins in the Flex spots. Hoping Chark is healthy enough in a few weeks to jump in one of those spots.

Kinda feel bad about drafting QB so high instead of a higher WR or RB, definitely feel bad about drafting my backup QB so high. Had to do it cramped on my phone and just kinda punted that decision.

Other than that I feel okay, especially since my Titans mean even more to me this season.

e: already put in a claim for the Broncos DEF dropping the Chiefs DEF, see if that happens

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 8, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Final draft just finished and I dislike this team more than any others so it will probably be the best.

I had two savvy guys on both sides of me stealing players all draft. Like Calvin Ridley and Chris Carson ugh.

I am extremely uncomfortable with my #2 RB which should have been Carson.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just finished this one, first time going 1st pick.
Snake, 10 team, PPR.

kiimo posted:

Final draft just finished and I dislike this team more than any others so it will probably be the best.

Dunno, seems pretty good to me other than Mike Davis who could be decent enough.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Here is my BML keeper league if anyone has any thoughts, 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE, 1 flex, 1 super flex, K, Def, 10 teams, standard scoring:

I had Dobbins as a late round keeper and almost all of the top RBs were kept so I had to spend quite a lot of draft capital trying to fill that somewhat recent hole in my roster. His injury was after roster cuts so I could not even keep someone else, so I pretty much just had one less worthwhile player than others. In hindsight I should have reached for CEH or Carson in the second round instead of getting Hopkins because in 10 team leagues where you start 2 WR there are tons of good ones available to draft later or pick up as FAs. With keepers some of the picks are more speculative than others, where Javonte Williams in the 7th and Fields in the 8th can both be kept at those rounds if they do pan out.

QB: Stafford, Tannehill, Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Henderson, Miles Sanders, Javonte Williams, Drake
WR: Hopkins, Lamb, DJ Moore, Boyd
TE: Goedert - most teams had 2 TE before I even had one so this was my last round pick, was debating this or Cook who is still a free agent.
Def: Tampa Bay, Kansas City
K: Matt Gay

If I had Dobbins instead of Drake I would like my team a lot more.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 8, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Javonte Williams could fix all your problems

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
For something different.., Drafted in a 6 team IDP league tonight ($20 buy in)

Roster is

1 QB/RB/WR/TE
1 K
3 LB
2 Defensive backs
2 Defensive linemen

And a six spot bench

Ended up with

I am woefully ignorant about defensive players in the league so hopefully I’ll learn things

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What is the mystery ailment affecting Josh Jacobs?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Like six of my guys developed sudden injuries overnight. Jacobs is the most concerning

Godwin too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I dunno but your username + av combo has my sides hurting with laughter, and this one is going to be hard to explain to my wife.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Probably won’t know until the injury report tomorrow.

I need to drop two of:

Tony Pollard
Rhamondre Stevenson
Chubba Hubbard

For a kicker and an IDP.

Which one do I keep? 0.5 ppr

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 8, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Godwin hosed me all last season with injuries. I didn't want to draft him at all but the value was too good. If he does this poo poo again I'm slapping the brokedick label on him and vowing never again

oh and speaking of Rhamondre Stevenson he dislocated his thumb in practice yesterday which is fun

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Probably won’t know until the injury report tomorrow.

I need to drop two of:

Tony Pollard
Rhamondre Stevenson
Chubba Hubbard

For a kicker and an IDP.

Which one do I keep? 0.5 ppr
Non-Dynasty? I think I would cut the patriots RB who just got a (minor) injury because he's a patriots RB, and Hubbard because I think Zeke is more likely to be an injury risk than CMC. Also because the Panthers have said that they didnt make CMC the highest paid RB in the league to have him take plays off.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I agree Hubbard has to go but I’m kind of leaning towards keeping Stevenson because he’s the only one of those 3 who could have value without a starter getting injured, and he looked good in preseason. But then again he’s a Patriots RB, like you said.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
hey CMC was injured week 1 last year, just saying

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can still drop bench players after their team has played that week on the Yahoo platform, right?

I can at least wait to see if Zeke makes it through week 1 healthy before I decide. Plus I’ll get to see the Patriots injury report for Stevenson.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I had to cut Tony Pollard to make room on my roster for rookies, and I kinda wish I hadn't. He's a great backup and I can see them using him more to keep from wearing Zeke down as much.

You've got a tough choice between those three though

RCarr posted:

You can still drop bench players after their team has played that week on the Yahoo platform, right?

I believe so

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RCarr posted:

I agree Hubbard has to go but I’m kind of leaning towards keeping Stevenson because he’s the only one of those 3 who could have value without a starter getting injured, and he looked good in preseason. But then again he’s a Patriots RB, like you said.
RBs taken in the middle rounds are frequently redshirted during their rookie years by Belichick. I expect Stevenson to have almost no value while Damien Harris is healthy with JJ Taylor playing more snaps as the secondary runner/receiver that used to be Rex Burkhead’s role. If Brandon Bolden is active on game days, Stevenson is probably the odd man out and a healthy scratch until the coaches feel more comfortable with him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Curtis Samuel hurt again. welp

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

Curtis Samuel hurt again. welp
It just means he'll be fresh down the stretch! :derp:

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
10-Team Sleeper Keeper draft done. Teams can keep one player, drafted from round 9-17, for 3 years, at a higher round cost each season. I drafted Metcalf 2 years ago in the 13th, so he cost me an 11th this year.

1. (8) Aaron Jones (GB - RB)
2. (13) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
3. (28) Terry McLaurin (Was - WR)
4. (33) James Robinson (Jax - RB)
5. (48) Josh Jacobs (LV - RB)
6. (53) Robby Anderson (Car - WR)
7. (68) Myles Gaskin (Mia - RB)
8. (73) Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)
9. (88) Corey Davis (NYJ - WR)
10. (93) Devin Singletary (Buf - RB)
11. (108)DK Metcalf (Sea - WR) - Keeper
12. (113)Ryan Tannehill (Ten - QB)
13. (128)Marquise Brown (Bal - WR)
14. (133)Harrison Butker (KC - K)
15. (148)Russell Gage (Atl - WR)
16. (153)Ty'Son Williams (Bal - RB)
17. (168)Indianapolis (Ind - DEF)

Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, W/R/T. My 3rd WR is meh, but who knows. Maybe I can trade an RB in a few weeks.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I didn’t see a sit/start thread, sorry if I missed it. Any opinions on my flex in my PPR league?
C. Sutton @ NYG
M. Jones Jr. @ HOU
D. Mooney @ LAR
G. Davis vs PIT
G. Bernard vs DAL
Z. Moss vs PIT
T. Sermon @ DET
J. White vs MIA

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Bernard worth having over Fournette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Floofy posted:

Is Bernard worth having over Fournette?

No, keep Fournette. That said, I avoided the Bucs' backfield because there's going to be too much of a committee for my liking.