Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Phisherman posted:

I have this personal theory that chuds have been maneuvered into a position by elites that kills and debilitates them in large numbers because they're really the last revolutionary portion of our society, no matter how stupid their revolution would be. They're just too big a threat to capital to exist in the numbers that they do right now and so they're being specifically targeted.

What happens to guns when people die

Do people like leave their guns to their children in wills and poo poo

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

just wanted to say again that cross stitching (and other fiber arts) is a great Covid activity. keeps your brain busy enough to keep your thoughts from wondering and your fingers too busy to doomscroll. for a social aspect there are a bunch of stitch-a-longs where they release a new part of a pattern on a schedule and people all stitch it together, everything from Pokémon to penises, people sometimes organize zoom hangouts where people work on their stuff while bullshiting together.

just finished this myself. been working on it since March since having a baby tends to give me less time to do things.

v cute :3:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Forward it to Matt Taibbi and Jimmy Dore

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Lacrosse posted:

Popping into HermanCainAward for some lolz. Let's see how the whole self-medicating ivermectin crowd is holding up.

Whoopsie doodle!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

nexous posted:

but then who will vote republican

liberals

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why is smoking the one industry that theres a conspiracy to stop

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Soap Scum posted:

[COVID-19] 😡 mask

i loving wish i could use emoji in thread titles

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Lacrosse posted:

Popping into HermanCainAward for some lolz. Let's see how the whole self-medicating ivermectin crowd is holding up.

Whoopsie doodle!

man, what a lame way to destroy your liver

I prefer the old fashioned way

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Ice Phisherman posted:

I have this personal theory that chuds have been maneuvered into a position by elites that kills and debilitates them in large numbers because they're really the last revolutionary portion of our society, no matter how stupid their revolution would be. They're just too big a threat to capital to exist in the numbers that they do right now and so they're being specifically targeted.

Just a pet theory though. They're going to die in droves no matter what.

:sickos:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

nexous posted:

but then who will vote republican

A couple reasons why that no longer really matters:

The republican party already got their judges. They're locked in for a generation. Unless someone adds a tenth, eleventh, etc members to the supreme court and effectively nullifies it, it doesn't matter. So republicans are going to quietly work the courts to push their agenda.

The senate represents states or land, not people. And there are a lot of large, fairly empty states.

Also the dems are going to hold the bag for how bad covid is going to get and they're not going to cough up more money so people can stay home.

The republican party thinkers are also incredibly disciplined and organized, no matter how dumb and lovely their leadership actually is. For every chud that falls they have five names to replace them to push the agenda. In very literal terms the only things that matter to the republican party are their actual constituency, which are the ultra-wealthy and ultra-influential donors and their agenda, which they push.

This is the main difference between the democrat and republican parties. The republicans are organized and want things and pursue policies that give them what they want. The democrats largely aren't or don't do any of those things.

Unless the US balkanizes, the republican party is going to do fine. The democrats are looking to take a real loving bath for how bad covid is going to get.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
Lookin' good! OPEN ER UP!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Ice Phisherman posted:

A couple reasons why that no longer really matters:

The republican party already got their judges. They're locked in for a generation. Unless someone adds a tenth, eleventh, etc members to the supreme court and effectively nullifies it, it doesn't matter. So republicans are going to quietly work the courts to push their agenda.

The senate represents states or land, not people. And there are a lot of large, fairly empty states.

Also the dems are going to hold the bag for how bad covid is going to get and they're not going to cough up more money so people can stay home.

The republican party thinkers are also incredibly disciplined and organized, no matter how dumb and lovely their leadership actually is. For every chud that falls they have five names to replace them to push the agenda. In very literal terms the only things that matter to the republican party are their actual constituency, which are the ultra-wealthy and ultra-influential donors and their agenda, which they push.

This is the main difference between the democrat and republican parties. The republicans are organized and want things and pursue policies that give them what they want. The democrats largely aren't or don't do any of those things.

Unless the US balkanizes, the republican party is going to do fine. The democrats are looking to take a real loving bath for how bad covid is going to get.

yes hello I was making a rhetorical joke, not inviting you to preach to the order box at Arby’s

jk you’re a good poster

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

just wanted to say again that cross stitching (and other fiber arts) is a great Covid activity. keeps your brain busy enough to keep your thoughts from wondering and your fingers too busy to doomscroll. for a social aspect there are a bunch of stitch-a-longs where they release a new part of a pattern on a schedule and people all stitch it together, everything from Pokémon to penises, people sometimes organize zoom hangouts where people work on their stuff while bullshiting together.

just finished this myself. been working on it since March since having a baby tends to give me less time to do things.

Also got my vote for cute :3:

During winter lockdown I poured back into pizza making which had the added benefit of heating my house because running an old oven full blast for 2 hours lays out an astronomical amount of heat.

The yeast shortage became problematic though :argh:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

MANY :popclap: SUCH :popclap: CASES

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ice Phisherman posted:

Just a pet theory though. They're going to die in droves no matter what.

on an unrelated side note, that very same set of people are some of the world's most prolific consumers and CO2 emitters

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MickieThePoet/status/1435407516159053824?s=19

"covid centrist" reaching across the aisle to negotiate with the virus!???

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 8, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mask

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
As a Kentuckian I’m sorry for how dumb our politicians are.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

Impossible. COVID is Over!

Edit: Lot of COPE in those comments.

https://twitter.com/MickieThePoet/status/1435406261525299200?s=19

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
don't let the thousands of corpses scare you

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

can you even mitigate things at this point with an r0 of 8?

Like it seems like it’s a binary either you do what China did and eradicate Covid or it rampages across your country type deal now

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

McNugget Buddy posted:

What happens to guns when people die

Do people like leave their guns to their children in wills and poo poo

I've been thinking about what happens to all of the stuff in America that is around when, in my opinion, ten million or so people just die from covid and another ten million die from suicide, drug overdose and just plain old heartbreak. Along with every new round of deaths as each new variant sweeps through us as we fail to adapt. There's just going to be a shitload of stuff that's left over.

Three big takeaways:

One, there's going to be a massive transfer of money and stuff as people die. Mostly through inheritance.

Two, there's going to be just so much loving stuff around that we'll probably create industries around dealing with all of the excess stuff. I've been calling it the carrion economy. Where the land and stuff of the dead is obtained and sold. Some gets illegally seized through theft and sold. But it'll just be picking over the stuff of the dead and distributing it or repurposing it.

Three, depending on how many people die, a lot of land and productive power is going to become worth less because there will be fewer consumers. This will have an inflationary effect on money, land and stuff. Though I suspect the wealthy will buy even more land and property to keep prices stable. Bill Gates is already the largest landowner of farmland for example and I expect him to grab a lot more. Capitalists love a good old disaster to make their profit.

So a lot, and I do mean a lot of guns are going to hit the market at some point that used to belong to some covid denier or anti-masker or whatever. A lot of land and property too.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

How have we not hit 5k deaths a day yet

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1435414471158255617?s=20

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Coldrice posted:

This would have been the perfect time to have a second lock down. Right when the numbers were lowest and potentially containable. But as you said, we don't give a poo poo about children.

My country's affected cities went into lockdown right before our exponential growth and it didn't do poo poo

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

I've been thinking about what happens to all of the stuff in America that is around when, in my opinion, ten million or so people just die from covid and another ten million die from suicide, drug overdose and just plain old heartbreak. Along with every new round of deaths as each new variant sweeps through us as we fail to adapt. There's just going to be a shitload of stuff that's left over.

Three big takeaways:

One, there's going to be a massive transfer of money and stuff as people die. Mostly through inheritance.

Two, there's going to be just so much loving stuff around that we'll probably create industries around dealing with all of the excess stuff. I've been calling it the carrion economy. Where the land and stuff of the dead is obtained and sold. Some gets illegally seized through theft and sold. But it'll just be picking over the stuff of the dead and distributing it or repurposing it.

Three, depending on how many people die, a lot of land and productive power is going to become worth less because there will be fewer consumers. This will have an inflationary effect on money, land and stuff. Though I suspect the wealthy will buy even more land and property to keep prices stable. Bill Gates is already the largest landowner of farmland for example and I expect him to grab a lot more. Capitalists love a good old disaster to make their profit.

So a lot, and I do mean a lot of guns are going to hit the market at some point that used to belong to some covid denier or anti-masker or whatever. A lot of land and property too.

nah blackrock is just gonna buy everything up

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the twice-weekly backlog megadump

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

why is smoking the one industry that theres a conspiracy to stop

doing anti-smoking things are an easy political win for politicians who don't actually give a poo poo about anyone's health.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

so is smoking actually not bad for you

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

nexous posted:

yes hello I was making a rhetorical joke, not inviting you to preach to the order box at Arby’s

The Arby's creamsicle shake was amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if my pupils were fully dilated after drinking down a large. That poo poo was drugs.

quote:

jk you’re a good poster

:kimchi:

Spergin Morlock posted:

on an unrelated side note, that very same set of people are some of the world's most prolific consumers and CO2 emitters

It would not surprise me at all if this is how some of the elite are responding to climate change. They know that most Americans will never accept a reduction in their standard of living and they don't want to change. So they just kill them or allow them to die in order to deal with climate change.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

so is smoking actually not bad for you

not as bad as covid

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Glumwheels posted:

:mad: mask

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Glumwheels posted:

we're counting with one eye closed and also we lose the count and start over alot

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

😠 mask

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
mask :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

any of you have minor air leakage in the ru8500 near the top of the nose when you talk and your jaw/nose shifts position? I imagine this means I have to tighten the straps?