Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Apparently Dominic was down in Florida with Scott for lunch recently. I bet they both let the check sit there forever waiting for the other person to grab it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I’m assume you’ve been briefed?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't listened to many Bobo clips.

You made the right choice.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Bobo loving sucks, but the show has done at least a decent job demeaning him repeatedly.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mexican Radio posted:

I’m assume you’ve been briefed?

You're loving me with a rake! :sweatdrop:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
ELO is on the radio and here I am singing about never seeing nothing that huge.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

ELO is on the radio and here I am singing about never seeing nothing that huge.

I've asked this before, but what song was used for the Mike Walker fart clip, where it's a guitar lightly strummed in the beginning, and it sounds like it's someone playing string harmonics?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've asked this before, but what song was used for the Mike Walker fart clip, where it's a guitar lightly strummed in the beginning, and it sounds like it's someone playing string harmonics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwPWGUhEtP0

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This (the harmonic bit at the beginning) is the only thing Howard can play on the guitar.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's really funny to me that it's the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure theme.

It's also made by an old man who included a character named Ario Speedwagon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

prefect posted:

This (the harmonic bit at the beginning) is the only thing Howard can play on the guitar.

:same:

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Howard 100 is having a Sal- and Richard-hosted Phoney Phonecall compilation all weekend, and it is of course awesome.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chicken Butt posted:

Howard 100 is having a Sal- and Richard-hosted Phoney Phonecall compilation all weekend, and it is of course awesome.

Isn't this just the same poo poo they've run previous years?

And hey, is Howard coming back this week after Labor Day?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is it a new special? They have been doing the Labor Day Phony Phone-a-thon for years, but they have just been replaying the same recording for the past couple of years. Good special, but I have heard it too many times and I think it is up on YouTube as well.

Howard is supposed to be back Tuesday, so I'll be interested to see if they just talk about TV or if we will see some effort that was put in to the show by the staff who didn't get the summer off.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Astro7x posted:

And hey, is Howard coming back this week after Labor Day?

He has a grueling two day week of work ahead on Tuesday and Wednesday with pre-recorded interviews with some celebrities no one cares about and deliberately avoiding any controversial topic that has been in the news of late.

"I'm so exhausted, Robin."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lifespan posted:

Is it a new special? They have been doing the Labor Day Phony Phone-a-thon for years, but they have just been replaying the same recording for the past couple of years. Good special, but I have heard it too many times and I think it is up on YouTube as well.

Howard is supposed to be back Tuesday, so I'll be interested to see if they just talk about TV or if we will see some effort that was put in to the show by the staff who didn't get the summer off.

I feel like its the same show more or less with some new stuff from the previous year added in.

I'm curious to know what they'll talk about, especially since a gang of famous MFs died since they went on vacation, but it'll probably be the same kind of autopilot show as per usual.

"Well, we're just getting back, so I don't want to go too crazy, just want to ease us back in to things".

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
So today was Howard's first day back and he spent at least the first half hour of the show whining about people who criticized him for taking the entire summer off. I'm not quite at /r/howardstern levels of disillusionment with the show but it was pretty rough.

smg77 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 7, 2021

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm listening to it right now and totally agree. After a couple months removed from the show... this is not interesting.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I'm listening to the first appearance of Jeff the Vomit Guy.

I imagine reading that will trigger some gag reflex memories cause :psyduck:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Jeff the Vomit Guy and Daniel Carver were two wack packers that I would instantly turn off the show if they were on.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Some of the best shows used to be when he would come back from a break and we would hear all these fun stories about stuff that happened to him and the rest of the staff during the break.

Not anymore I guess

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

smg77 posted:

So today was Howard's first day back and he spent at least the first half hour of the show whining about people who criticized him for taking the entire summer off. I'm not quite at /r/howardstern levels of disillusionment with the show but it was pretty rough.

Does he WANT the fans to hate him or something? Or maybe he's just trying to see how much he can get away with while still maintaining the loyalty of the fanbase.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Does he WANT the fans to hate him or something? Or maybe he's just trying to see how much he can get away with while still maintaining the loyalty of the fanbase.

Vince McMahon. Donald Trump. Etc

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard doesn't give two shits about the fans, the ratings/subscriber count, the quality of the show, or anything else. He's phoning it in just enough for SiriusXM to keep signing his checks.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That's a Reddit rear end take... but then he actually did talk about Bachelor on his first episode back after 2+ months and yeah, I'm starting to fall in to that mindset.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I literally do not understand what the appeal of the show is supposed to be now, and that's even before considering that it's pay walled

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Howard is still not back in the studio, even though his guests are, which feels like a real gently caress You to his audience

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 8, 2021

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Several of the shows on Sirius still have people not back in the studio and some are even doing both (at home and in studio). Given how bad the delta is right now I can't blame Howard for doing it from home. That said I can blame him for how bad the show has become. I did finally drop Howard from my Sirius sub (first time ever), and I don't miss him one bit. Shows like the Bonfire and even Sam & Jim are now vastly superior. Still they come nowhere close to Stern in his prime or even Stern 10 years ago.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

haljordan posted:

Howard is still not back in the studio, even though his guests are, which feels like a real gently caress You to his audience

He's never going back to the studio, OP

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

The entire show since he lost the lawsuit against SiriusXM has been a "gently caress you" to his audience. From his standpoint, if they're going to pay him to do a minimal effort podcast for a few hours a day, three times a week, and take the entire summer off, why not?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

haljordan posted:

I watched a clip where he's interviewing Steve Martin from a big screen TV while Steve is actually there in the studio and it was loving insane lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So why are guests in studio and he isn't? That make no sense at all. Are the gusts just making the rounds on other Sirius shows? If so then at least they didn't show up for nothing.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They said earlier this year that every guest gets a tech pack that needs to be setup and tested. I'm sure for guests that are willing to be in person (already live in NY, already doing the talk show circuit) it is much cheaper and easier. Definitely awkward to be in the real studio when the host is not.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That shot on the big screen of Howard while everyone else is in the studio is crazy.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Definitely weird

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason it's the kitschy modern AirBNB decorating style that makes it weirder for me. The "just grab some weird looking vintage poo poo from Home Goods" approach. Like they didn't have any show memorabilia they could put under the TV?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wow, so it is not even their usual studio. It's an IKEA display with a random $2000 guitar.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Was Steve Martin in New York? Maybe this is the LA studio

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I'm listening to the first appearance of Jeff the Vomit Guy.

I imagine reading that will trigger some gag reflex memories cause :psyduck:

....when a woman sticks her fingeh down her throat in an erotic way and I get a hard-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

smg77 posted:

Judging from everyone's reactions in this thread, I don't think there's much of a division line between here and Reddit in terms of hatred for the current show. Reddit does have some more vicious and childish attacks against Howard personally (wishing him dead, etc)