Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

!Klams posted:

What's the "when you do" on this for? All I can think is that there's some anti decayed card that cares about graveyards? Oh, or is it just linked so that they can put the reminder text after all of it? That seems.... Dumb

It's about the timing of the trigger. This way if your opponent removes both of the cards before you resolve the ability it won't counter the make a token part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
http://mythicspoiler.com/mid/cards/ludevicnecrogenius.html

lets assume ludevic exiles one werwolf, does he transform into night or day form?

what if that werewolf transforms, does he turn into ludevic or its other form?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Skyknight Legionnaire looking a little embarrassing right now.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The Shortest Path posted:

RIP in peace to my homie Looter il-Kor, finally surpassed after fifteen years of doing your thing better than anyone else.
As a person who played a lot of Sea Dasher Octopus, I can see myself playing a lot of this.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Goa Tse-tung posted:

http://mythicspoiler.com/mid/cards/ludevicnecrogenius.html

lets assume ludevic exiles one werwolf, does he transform into night or day form?

what if that werewolf transforms, does he turn into ludevic or its other form?

In the graveyard the creature will be on it's day form, and Ludevic will copy only the day form, per rule 707.8.
Because Ludevic didn't copy the back side of the card when Ludevic transforms (which it can, because it's still a DFC) it will transform back into Ludevic.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

As someone who is utterly brain-poisoned by the Internet, I look forward to saying “The Bird Admirer has logged on” a lot.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TotalHell posted:

As someone who is utterly brain-poisoned by the Internet, I look forward to saying “The Bird Admirer has logged on” a lot.

luv 2 c a cool bird

:coolbird:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Day/Night is going to be pretty annoying to keep track of in paper and it's going to be around a while because there are some good constructed cards lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Day/Night is going to be pretty annoying to keep track of in paper and it's going to be around a while because there are some good constructed cards lol

The day/night mechanic is simpler now than it was the first time we were in Innistrad, it'll be ok I promise.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just turn off the lights when it’s Night. You don’t even need a counter/token to track!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Didn't they preview a card to keep on the table like you did with dungeons?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If night doesn’t dim the board in arena I will be disappointed, perhaps a full moon pops up or something

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Arivia posted:

Didn't they preview a card to keep on the table like you did with dungeons?

Yup.
There will probably be a few cases of players forgetting to flip after drawing -> passing while no DFCs are on the table, but really I think if your deck cares about day night you'll pick up on it quick.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just use these images as reference

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

That is a very good knight.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

That is a very good knight.

Seems like an extremely good commander to me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

whydirt posted:

Just turn off the lights when it’s Night. You don’t even need a counter/token to track!

lol. they should do this at GPs

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Seems like an extremely good commander to me

Stuffy Dolls and Damage Doublers.dec

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lone Goat posted:

The day/night mechanic is simpler now than it was the first time we were in Innistrad, it'll be ok I promise.

I think I like this approach more

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Holy poo poo, is this a reference to Cornell from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness?

dracula getting on a ship and loving poo poo up is part of the original bram stokers dracula

babypolis fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 8, 2021

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

i am a heron.
i haev a long neck and four hoevs

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

resistentialism posted:

i am a heron.

*nodding with my eyes wide open like I'm trying a little too hard to look engaged,* same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

resistentialism posted:

i am a heron.

The griffin -> hippogriff -> hippoherogriff(?) pipeline

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/teferi-who-slows-sunset-2021-09-08
New teferi at 2UW

Also Field of ruin is getting reprinted.
http://mythicspoiler.com/mid/cards/fieldofruin.html

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

uh, is it just me or is that teferi absolute garbage. +1 is a twiddle, -2 is a freaking impulse?????

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

uh, is it just me or is that teferi absolute garbage. +1 is a twiddle, -2 is a freaking impulse?????

I have a hard time seeing this being good.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

+1 is THREE twiddles!!!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't have an opinion on that card really since I'm not going to pretend I'm good at evaluating these things, but generally speaking I'd much rather have undertuned planeswalkers than overtuned planeswalkers.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
If nothing else he’ll be good in Brawl/Commander since you’ll almost always have a mana rock to untap to get 2 mana out of the +1

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The name is incredibly cool. Card is weird, I doubt it will be very good. You can kind of do the big-Teferi thing where you cast him and immediately have mana up to interact, but it's a much shittier version obviously. He really needed a proviso that lets you activate his abilities at instant speed.

Sinteres posted:

I don't have an opinion on that card really since I'm not going to pretend I'm good at evaluating these things, but generally speaking I'd much rather have undertuned planeswalkers than overtuned planeswalkers.

I disagree. I like when Planeswalkers are standard playable. Mythic Rares being niche and lovely feels bad to me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

+1 is THREE twiddles!!!

Sorcery speed..............If you can tap one of their guys and attack it might be decent but that kind of deck doesn't want a 4 mana walker that doesn't do anything other than that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
http://mythicspoiler.com/mid/cards/thrabenexorcism.html
Kaya about to be spoiled? (or did i miss it?)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you can untap two mana then he can protect himself and you kindof have a Garruk, Wildspeaker? But then it's awkward that his minus doesn't affect the board either.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

fadam posted:

The name is incredibly cool. Card is weird, I doubt it will be very good. You can kind of do the big-Teferi thing where you cast him and immediately have mana up to interact, but it's a much shittier version obviously. He really needed a proviso that lets you activate his abilities at instant speed.

I wouldn't be surprised if this card worked like 2021 Teferi at some point in development. It smells like a control card but that first ability seems best for aggro as is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently Chandra and Kaya appear on cards in this set but don't have planeswalker cards. Maybe at the wedding.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

fadam posted:

Apparently Chandra and Kaya appear on cards in this set but don't have planeswalker cards. Maybe at the wedding.

chandra-nissa-kaya polycule when?

Justin_Brett posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this card worked like 2021 Teferi at some point in development.

either that or it had a spicy static ability removed during development, because otherwise its just insanely undertuned as is. Like, the minus isn't even strategic planning in a graveyard set!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

chandra-nissa-kaya polycule when?

Someone's gotta crash the wedding.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Sorcery speed..............If you can tap one of their guys and attack it might be decent but that kind of deck doesn't want a 4 mana walker that doesn't do anything other than that.

and two life!!!!!!!!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
It says Teferi slows sunset and yet he has no ability to interact with the Day/Night cycle THIS IS loving LIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

He can tap that hosed up mana rock that messes with day/night I guess.