Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What the gently caress did they just do to Donna Troy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

It's definitely a choice to do a live action show about ghost kids seeing as they are going to visibly age pretty quickly.

De-aging tech is getting better all the time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of me just wants to watch Titans to see a Donna Troy adaption.

omg chael crash posted:

What the gently caress did they just do to Donna Troy

Oh god, they're doing a Donna Troy adaption.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I liked that brief moment before 52 when the Justice League Trinity was Supergirl, Donna Troy, and Dickbats.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know we’re not here for my live posting and I never wanted to be one of those folks that “hate watch” or whatever, but I have to keep watching this because it’s so dumb and bad. It’s a CW show with way too much money while also looking like it has so very little

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

omg chael crash posted:

I know we’re not here for my live posting and I never wanted to be one of those folks that “hate watch” or whatever, but I have to keep watching this because it’s so dumb and bad. It’s a CW show with way too much money while also looking like it has so very little

As long as you aren't posting multiple times in a row just saying just "oh poo poo" or "What?" I think you're fine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

omg chael crash posted:

Just post friend or edit a post. This forum doesn't get enough activity for it to matter. If you get yelled at by chodes just post in tviv.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Just post friend or edit a post. This forum doesn't get enough activity for it to matter. If you get yelled at by chodes just post in tviv.

Oh yeah, the edit post idea is great. I would get annoyed if there was 30 new posts of just you reacting to an episode, but it'd be great to see 1 new post and it's you with thirty edits complaining about titans.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i live posted 5 seasons of legends of tomorrow, but nobody minded cuz that's actually a good show and people were responding to most of it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

you're all good, I'm enjoying it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Episode 2 of season 3 of Titans and I’m bailing. I just can’t take Tiny Red Hood seriously or his awful looking mask.

That being said, I’m switching over to Doom Patrol

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy Titans for what it is, but you made the correct choice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah he's like 5'3" and the helmet doubles the size of his head. It was a bad choice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now I'm picturing a Red Hood bobble head.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Now I'm picturing a Red Hood bobble head.

So you've seen the show.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

omg chael crash posted:

Episode 2 of season 3 of Titans and I’m bailing. I just can’t take Tiny Red Hood seriously or his awful looking mask.

That being said, I’m switching over to Doom Patrol

No! The tonal whiplash will be too strong! Doom Patrol is really good!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Iman Vellani, our future Ms. Marvel, made this during quarantine just... for fun. https://vimeo.com/553028181 It's pretty cute.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Paste Magazine has done what appears to be the first review of Y: The Last Man. It's been taken off the site but has been Google cached:

[url]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PnS48FfbdvsJ:https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/fx/y-the-last-man-review/[/url]

Supposedly it is "bland" and "unremarkable"

edit: i have no idea how to fix those tags

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
New What If is the zombies episode and I liked it better than the original Marvel Zombies, but not better than the Van Lente stories.

A nice mix of suspense, schlock horror stuff, character moments, and some surprisingly gruesome poo poo that I guess they can get away with because the blood isn't red. Hell of an image to end on, too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

While this is not one of the superhero shows this thread is generally concerned with, I thought it worth mentioning this news cause it's awesome.

Power Rangers just revealed its first openly gay ranger on the show

It's just great and especially meaningful to get that kind of representation in a kids show

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That's awesome! I don't suppose there's an easy way to stream past or current ranger shows?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Season 1 and season 25 through the current season(Ninja Steel, Beast Morphers, and the current Dino Fury) up to the episode before this one are on Netflix though the next batch of Dino Fury will come to Netflix soon. Season 1 is also on YouTube in its entirety on the official channel and some of the past few seasons and some of a few classic seasons, which they upload seemingly at random.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
ooh dear I'm going to have to watch that now aren't I? :3:

How is the season? Like it can't possibly be as bad, for instance, as your run-of-the-mill CW output that we've all been subjected to, right?

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 8, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's fairly good but be aware the are certain mandates they have to stick to in the show. There has to be two fights per episode, one megazord fight, comic relief, and one clear moral lesson per episode.

That doesn't necessarily make them bad, but it is constraining and formulaic. The action has been good, the actors are charming and have good chemistry, the bgm is exciting. They've managed to squeeze in lore and some overarching plot while sticking to those rules. The comedy is hit or miss. Some of the character interactions or the more absurd stuff or slapstick can be funny, while some of the broad slapstick can be kind of painful. It's a kid's show in the end but a pretty fun one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly that's one way the new comics play it distressingly safe. Come on, have Rocky come out as gay, have Aisha be trans, do SOMEthing to give them characterisation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Meanwhile High School Heroes over in Japan has its first transgender pink ranger. This is not the Super Sentai show Power Rangers is adapted from but it's closely related to it and I think technically part of the same larger franchise which includes Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

https://twitter.com/KiibouRanger/status/1435364953553350660?s=19

(I haven't seen this show so I can't say whether their depiction is good or not)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What's the Power Rangers series where they knew really early they were getting cancelled so they continually pointed out the weird poo poo like there always being an explosion after the transformation? Then they used that as an opening attack.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Azubah posted:

What's the Power Rangers series where they knew really early they were getting cancelled so they continually pointed out the weird poo poo like there always being an explosion after the transformation? Then they used that as an opening attack.

RPM, I believe.

e: https://youtu.be/yVrTsryg_CM

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think that season was the last one they produced under the current (at the time) owners before the series was brought so they just kind of said gently caress it and did whatever they wanted within reason. Like making the show set in something like the last city on a post apocalyptic Earth.

Power Rangers has changed hands a bunch of times. From Saban, to Disney, back to Saban again and is now with Hasbro.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's so bizarre to imagine Disney actually selling off a superhero property now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly that's one way the new comics play it distressingly safe. Come on, have Rocky come out as gay, have Aisha be trans, do SOMEthing to give them characterisation.

Parrott's probably not allowed to make those kinds of changes. I still kind of miss Go Go which more focused on the Rangers' personal lives over the suit action but both books are still very enjoyable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dawgstar posted:

Parrott's probably not allowed to make those kinds of changes. I still kind of miss Go Go which more focused on the Rangers' personal lives over the suit action but both books are still very enjoyable.

The issue that comes out this week has a new gay character

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Meanwhile High School Heroes over in Japan has its first transgender pink ranger. This is not the Super Sentai show Power Rangers is adapted from but it's closely related to it and I think technically part of the same larger franchise which includes Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

https://twitter.com/KiibouRanger/status/1435364953553350660?s=19

(I haven't seen this show so I can't say whether their depiction is good or not)

That "Pink Ranger" costume is dope as gently caress

Check out Jessica Jones's neighbor sidekick as the Red Ranger

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that what if was pretty funny. Chadwick was sounding real bad though, and that final speech hits a lot harder since he passed

site fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 8, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Check out Jessica Jones's neighbor sidekick as the Red Ranger

It was also fun seeing RPM Yellow as the lead in iZombie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

that what if was pretty funny. Chadwick was sounding real bad though, and that final speech his a lot harder since he passed

Unlike pretty much every other zombie thing, it happens in a world where Zombies are a thing that people are aware of.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well, one person is aware of anyways. speaking of which the orientation video was great

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah that was a good episode of What If and they went the different route with Spidey from most What If comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

OK Series 2 really needs to have 'What If Janet doesn't get stuck in the Quantum Realm' to balance out the terrible things happening to the Pym-Van Dyne family this season.

Oh who am I kidding, that'll end the world somehow too.