Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

When all the teachers and/or students are dead, they wont be open.

you could multiply the number of students and teachers dying by 10 and we’d still keep schools open. theyre changing quarantine guidelines to be essentially worthless or getting rid of quarantine altogether.

again—all gas no brakes.

schoooool…outbreak…for-evah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

enjoying that lawyer grift

honest, good people grift

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

lol well..... nationalism did build up into an even bigger and worse world war

seems bad :thunk:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

euphronius posted:

(American schools never shut down. I think you mean they will never go remote again )

im a teacher so yes i am aware of this ty

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Lastgirl posted:

ya it is, u become old and creepy forever after that point :smith:

oh no

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

OH I'm loving sorry? Are you accusing me of causing the mindless slaughter? Can I loving get that in writing so I can show it to the nurses when I go into psych ward next time for trying to kill myself because of this stupid loving forum and all it's loving posters who INVENTED the concept of mocking and hurting innocent mentally ill people LIKE MYSELF.

gently caress who's gaslighting WHO here exactly? This forum has hurt more POC and disabled people like myself than any other loving site on the internet. You loving invented cyberfascism. 4chan? Internet racists? That's all on you. Don't think I'm loving stupid and you don't have loving blood on your hands.

But yeah, it's me. I'm the one causing the bloodshed. I who have vaccinated, and staid home, and worn masks. Because I want to be able to do somethings sometimes.

If not give me one good loving reason I shouldn't kill myself. Why any of us shouldn't loving kill ourselves. IF we are going to live indoors for the rest of our loving lives. gently caress lets all commit suicide, especially white people . Get rid of your disgusting abusist colonist race from this planet once and for all.

sounds like a guilty conscience because they know they spread a disease

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

naw, im enjoyin my 30s two years in, im makin more money, my brain isn't nearly as broken (in certain respects, it's definitely more broken in others lol), and ive got a bunch of my poo poo together, and im married and will (hopefully) never have to worry about dating again

makes me wish the world wasnt burning

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Even in my 20's I preferred women who were over 30, because they (for the most part) had their poo poo together.

the only reason I would still date below 30 is a lot of woman over 30 are in the (i must have a kid in two years) vibe. but this is also the area I live which is lovely for dating anyways. I’m not even fully opposed to having children, I would just like at least four years with a partner before I do.

but in terms of who I find the most attractive? usually it’s over 30.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I did my final college presentation in 2015 on the growth of Right Wing Nationalism in the US and Europe and how I thought there were a lot of disturbing trends and no one seemed to buy into it. I don't even think that was that much of a hot take at the time.

Oh well, that's college for ya!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lacrosse posted:

I like to catastrophize and all but why do these people keep going 'what are we supposed to do this forever???' No! We only needed to do it for 6-8 weeks but we couldn't manage that so now it's going to be years. But 2, 3, even 5 years isn't forever. We just need to wear masks and not have huge in person events until case counts are low. We were almost there in May but the CDC jumped the gun by a few months. If they waited until Labor Day to drop the mask mandate instead of Memorial Day, we probably could have beaten this. It's only going to be 'forever' because these assholes are MAKING it be forever.

We could be at zero cases from memorial day to labor day every year but once people got back from overseas vacations and business trips it would spread in schools and bars just like it always has. A worldwide pandemic cannot be beaten with open borders

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Being in my 30s has been pretty cool since I've had a decent job, am in better shape than my 20s, and also dating people who are in their 30s usually carries way less bullshit than dating people in their 20s

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

euphronius posted:

honest, good people grift

yes, honest and good people are the softest targets

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1435628983538880517?s=21

is this like the thing where if you keep a combo multiplier the gently caress up does not actually count

An infectious disease researcher slept with Nate Silver's wife. That's the only option I can think of.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

washington state is getting its first morgue trucks, down in cowlitz county:

https://localnews8.com/news/ap-idaho/2021/09/08/covid-19-deaths-overwhelm-morgue-in-cowlitz-county/

gonna be wild when this is king county in a month
lol i was in a zoom meeting yesterday where all of my colleagues (mostly KC but some further north) are ecstatic that their kids aren't at home with them anymore and that they're back in school
just blind loving ghouls everywhere

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

WampaLord posted:

sounds like a guilty conscience because they know they spread a disease

this person really needs log off and get therapy though.

like, not as a joke. this is concerning.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Any chance of 'coexisting' with COVID would require like 80+% vaxx rates and use of properly fitting masks for indoor gatherings. Maybe a willingness to 'lock down' for a couple weeks if cases get beyond a certain threshold. But no one in this country is going to go for that. So we say "OPEN BIDEN"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
if you get cats you won't want to die as much

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

dew worm posted:

kind of amazed society didn’t collapse after WW1 leading into the Spanish Flu

A lot of societies did.

Germany had a prolonged and bloody civil war that led to a weak liberal government etc
France had a period of prolonged political upheaval and probably would have had a civil war if the had lost WW1
UK had serious economic issues, made decisions that started the Great Depression, and started trying to deal with their neuroses about their lost empire
Russia well, everyone knows
Austria-Hungary collapsed and out of the ashes grew a bunch of tiny states, many of whom were existing for the first time.

The only countries that entered the 1920's well off were the US and Japan.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

Both my therapist and my wife's therapists are very Open Biden!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

An infectious disease researcher slept with Nate Silver's wife. That's the only option I can think of.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1075261556382949376

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Consummate Professional posted:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Thoguh posted:

don’t ascribe to cuckholdery that which is adequately explained by dunning-kruger

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zurtilik posted:

Any chance of 'coexisting' with COVID would require like 80+% vaxx rates and use of properly fitting masks for indoor gatherings. Maybe a willingness to 'lock down' for a couple weeks if cases get beyond a certain threshold. But no one in this country is going to go for that. So we say "OPEN BIDEN"

I admit that I am moderately surprised that we've failed to even effectively message getting masks back on as we rocket back to the peak of another wave. If you went to a store you'd think things were still where they were in late June.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Atrocious Joe posted:

Yeah, those posts are really something else.

Then again, it's amazing how often people unironically post some variation of "I have nothing to live for if any restrictions are in place, but if you're okay with wearing a mask and avoiding crowds then you must be mentally ill"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LionArcher posted:

the only reason I would still date below 30 is a lot of woman over 30 are in the (i must have a kid in two years) vibe. but this is also the area I live which is lovely for dating anyways. I’m not even fully opposed to having children, I would just like at least four years with a partner before I do.

but in terms of who I find the most attractive? usually it’s over 30.

I can definitely understand that one. I know when I was in my early 20's I was pretty opposed to women who already had children. Now that I'm 40, and a few years ago, I don't mind at all, because their kids are usually about the right age that babysitters don't need to get involved.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Dear everyone on this forum older than me

God drat you're old why are you posting online :gonk:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dogs will make you want to die twice as much.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

[COVID-19] In fact, I am gay,

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Over 1% of my county has a confirmed, active case of COVID right now. Test positivity rates are above 15% so it's safe to assume that the real number is at least 2 or 3 times that amount. But whenever I get curbside for groceries or target or whatever maybe 10% of people are wearing masks as they walk in, if even that. lol, just lol.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!

Thoguh posted:

I admit that I am moderately surprised that we've failed to even effectively message getting masks back on as we rocket back to the peak of another wave. If you went to a store you'd think things were still where they were in late June.

The May 13th CDC guidance was really the end of any sort of mitigation efforts in this country ever again lol.

If you're an offline normie you don't even hear about this poo poo outside of a seven minute blurb on the nightly news that no one watches anymore.

Sheetz made masking mandatory again here and put masks at the entrance to every store, free for the taking, and over half the customers at the stores I've been to are just ignoring them.

We are never getting any sort of national pandemic control measures in place ever again.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Good soup! posted:

[COVID-19] In fact, I am gay,

for brunch.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

FistEnergy posted:

absolutely incredible, the disease experts who still aren't eating at fuddruckers or doing the wave at the big game are wrong and stupid

goddamn i hate this stupid fucker

I like how he thinks the general public is in tune with these rando epidemiologists’ eating habits and not the general sense of dread and concern over their families getting this horrible disease. Which is not hard to have when you see case counts, hospitals filling up, deaths, and school closures/quarantined every day.

gently caress Nate, he doesn’t have kids or a family or anyone who’s concerned about his health so that’s why he’s a piece of poo poo.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
just made an appointment to get maxxinated

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

why is brunch so maligned in these quarters

I like sitting down at 10:30 or so for some eggs benedict with a bloody mary, or lox on an everything bagel with a fresh-squeezed orange juice mimosa

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

gonna be wild when this is king county in a month

doesn’t look like it. but a months an eternity with this poo poo.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

This is true. And they give you a reason to get out of bed because they won't stop annoying you till they get fed.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Bar Ran Dun posted:

doesn’t look like it. but a months an eternity with this poo poo.

Looks like it's ending to me! :cool:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

why is brunch so maligned in these quarters

I like sitting down at 10:30 or so for some eggs benedict with a bloody mary, or lox on an everything bagel with a fresh-squeezed orange juice mimosa

it’s a liberal shibboleth

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
huh, looks like Iowa updated their dashboard this week to for an age breakdown and vaccinated/unvaccinated breakdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is trending on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Quicktake/status/1435612711359066112

One problem that becomes apparent when you click through:

quote:

In a poll of more than 100 scientists conducted by the journal Nature in January, nearly 90% said they expected SARS-CoV-2 to become endemic.

Last 9 months didn't happen!