Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mastershakeman posted:

so how was the game

Mariners lost in extras to a squad of proven cheaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We're on two or three generations of Americans at this point who have no identity outside of spending money

Steelers fans responded to a guy not kneeling by burning his jersey ($325) and buying another guy's jersey because he was a troop ($325).

The team just got $650 of your money but you really made a statement, good job.

To be fair, it's really hard to cultivate that kind of identity in America as it exists today.

You pretty much need to either be raised that way or really snap at some point and break out. There's just a constant current pulling everyone into the work -> go out -> spend money -> go home -> repeat cycle. Even a lot of outdoor activities are heavily commercialized and brand-focused.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think they rip the gums out of a dead guy and put those gum in your moth

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

about 3 hours into covid x3 and I've almost thrown up twice but :siren: my spouse :siren: got pizza so, pizza helps.

what is a gum graft

A gum graft is when your gums recede so much (due to lovely genetics or brushing too hard) that they need to take skin from other places in your mouth to graft over your teeth so your gross rear end garbage teeth don't fall out.

They usually take skin from the roof of the mouth, so imagine having a giant cold sore there for days.

Use soft toothbrushes and brush in circular motions y'all

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Google Butt posted:

What loving data are they being 8 months for boosters lmao

because if it were six months they'd be basically admitting that they waited too drat long and have been screwing over everyone who got vaccinated in Jan, Feb, and most of March.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Are you folks going to see dentists and stuff? I have a cleaning coming up this month and I could sure use it, but I kind of don't really like having other people in my mouth right now.

I've been avoiding it and have skipped my cleanings since it started, but I'd go if I had an actual issue.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

T-Paine posted:

they check all of our apartments for bugs like once a year and the unmasked pest control guy just knocked on my door to check my apartment and said he'd rather not come in to any more places because another person here told him as he was leaving that they have covid. after letting him do the inspection

good, gently caress him, he should have a loving mask on.

RuBisCO posted:

A gum graft is when your gums recede so much (due to lovely genetics or brushing too hard) that they need to take skin from other places in your mouth to graft over your teeth so your gross rear end garbage teeth don't fall out.

They usually take skin from the roof of the mouth, so imagine having a giant cold sore there for days.

Use soft toothbrushes and brush in circular motions y'all

can we have a dentistry thread because dentistry is way worse than any covid poo poo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I skipped going to a dentist for a year just because I had changed jobs and didn't bother to look for one until a tooth started hurting. Ended up having a double root canal so I'm not skipping any more visits.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the district Covid dashboard finally updated today

the number of people in quarantine has more than doubled since last Thursday

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

quote:

PITTSBURGH — Allegheny County saw a spike in COVID-19 cases Wednesday, days after the Labor Day holiday weekend.

In the last 24 hours, the Allegheny County Health Department reported 450 new coronavirus cases.

Nineteen new deaths were also reported. Sixteen of the deaths dated back to August. Three of the deaths were reported in September.

Wow, we had a holiday surge in deaths, which almost all happened before the holiday but we hid them until now.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Substandard posted:

I've been avoiding it and have skipped my cleanings since it started, but I'd go if I had an actual issue.

skipping cleanings is how you get actual issues though

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Consummate Professional posted:

I think they rip the gums out of a dead guy and put those gum in your moth

This was a plotline in Oz, there was a white supremacist with rotting gums and he got grafted with a dead guy's gums; the oral surgeon made sure to use the gums from a dead black guy and then let the Aryan Brotherhood guys know after the surgery so the one dude would get ostracized. He ended up ripping out his freshly implanted gums in a forlorn attempt to repurify his blood and rejoin the AB.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

about 3 hours into covid x3 and I've almost thrown up twice but :siren: my spouse :siren: got pizza so, pizza helps.

what is a gum graft

Wait what, you've had covid three times???

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
School district has over 2,000 confirmed student cases and over 10,000 quarantined. (Multiple high schools have over 300(!) quarantined students.) Also over 200 teachers confirmed as well.

The state had a 15 year old die recently. Anyway, the congress is having a special session to consider rescinding the mask mandate in public schools.

It's going well!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

euphronius posted:

if we had a virus that made men impotent you bet your bottom dollar we’d have a year lock down to get things under control with no problems

That's literally what COVID is.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Stoop Kid posted:

skipping cleanings is how you get actual issues though

I dunno, I didn't go for close to 10 years while I had no dental insurance and it was fine. I've had pretty good luck with my teeth. It would probably be OK, but I am uncomfortable with someone breathing on me for an hour.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

That's literally what COVID is.

ivermectin making men sterile too so even if they manage~

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

This was a plotline in Oz, there was a white supremacist with rotting gums and he got grafted with a dead guy's gums; the oral surgeon made sure to use the gums from a dead black guy and then let the Aryan Brotherhood guys know after the surgery so the one dude would get ostracized. He ended up ripping out his freshly implanted gums in a forlorn attempt to repurify his blood and rejoin the AB.

i thought the surgeon only suggested they could have come from a dead black guy to gently caress with him, and then the guy stupidly told Schillinger "yeah man, they could have come from ANYONE"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Google Butt posted:

What loving data are they being 8 months for boosters lmao

8 makes the cdc look like they knew what they were doing with september 20th lining up with when the first people started getting shots in january

there is zero science behind it. israel data shows 5-6 months at the latest. the prime minister of israel visited biden and told him that directly and biden even agreed that yeah 5 months is good, but lol the CDC never agreed to it

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

WampaLord posted:

quote:

My sister did not leave her house to even to go to a park for the first 12 months of the pandemic. She did not clean her house or maintain her yard. She lives in a rural area in the middle of nowhere. She became extremely paranoid about something that she had little chance of contracting in most cases if she had taken basic precautions. She became extremely depressed. She nearly killed herself worrying about something that while serious for many people did not inherently present any kind of massive danger for her.

Get this sister a forums account

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/AmyKaler/status/1435644896493273089

Kids are going to die lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Teenage Riot posted:

Get this sister a forums account

and a respirator

(sike, she probably alreayd has one)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Koirhor posted:

neat oddly reassuring

West Virginia is, for some weird reason, one of the only states I've seen that's actually moderately competent and taking the virus seriously. I mean gently caress they paid people $100 if they got vaccinated!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
covid is our y the last man scenario

a reverse children of men

game joe-ver

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
time to practice my sad fugee face in the face of eco fascism

should have closed biden for gently caress's sake

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

covid is our y the last man scenario

a reverse children of men

game joe-ver

So, we're going to end up like that one planet on Star Trek where when everyone hit puberty they turned into a monster?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Mariners lost in extras to a squad of proven cheaters.

You watched a Mariner's game? Are you feeling okay?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Good soup! posted:

i thought the surgeon only suggested they could have come from a dead black guy to gently caress with him, and then the guy stupidly told Schillinger "yeah man, they could have come from ANYONE"

maybe

it's been a while since I watched Oz

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Filthy Hans posted:

I have not watched Oz and I don't think I want to now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What would be great is a virus strain that is most virulent in people who had a vaccine

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

mastershakeman posted:

Dear everyone on this forum older than me

God drat you're old why are you posting online :gonk:

I was almost certainly posting (not on SA, obvs) before you were conceived. Learn by my fate.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Dear everyone on this forum older than me

God drat you're old why are you posting online :gonk:

because it's scary outside, there are teenagers everywhere.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

What would be great is a virus strain that is most virulent in people who had a vaccine

ADE is more of the nightmare scenario there. the vaccine super trains your immune system and then when it sees the virus (or some new variant) it goes apeshit and accidentally kills you. apparently it was a risk with SARS 1 vaccines if they targeted stuff other than the spike protein

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've been shitposting for 18 years, nothing can stop me!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Iron Crowned posted:

So, we're going to end up like that one planet on Star Trek where when everyone hit puberty they turned into a monster?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

im wearing my respirator right now

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
So we have to go to Yakima/Trump country next week for our interview at USCIS offices. The fully vaccinated rate is 44% and the current positivity rate is 25.2%. It’s one of the worst counties in the state in regards to COVID.

So do I finally join respirator crew for the interview? They also have extremely unhealthy air quality going on due to a large wildfire nearby that is minimally contained. I have one 3m respirator I got last year for my wife because she was pregnant, never used, and thinking of buying another for myself just for the interview. I imagine we have to spend 1-2 hours in the drat office at least from start to finish. gently caress my life and gently caress covid and anti-vaxxer chuds.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i started shitposting in 1988 on a wwiv bbs with fidonet access

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Glumwheels posted:

So we have to go to Yakima/Trump country next week for our interview at USCIS offices. The fully vaccinated rate is 44% and the current positivity rate is 25.2%. It’s one of the worst counties in the state in regards to COVID.

So do I finally join respirator crew for the interview? They also have extremely unhealthy air quality going on due to a large wildfire nearby that is minimally contained. I have one 3m respirator I got last year for my wife because she was pregnant, never used, and thinking of buying another for myself just for the interview. I imagine we have to spend 1-2 hours in the drat office at least from start to finish. gently caress my life and gently caress covid and anti-vaxxer chuds.

Is there a big USCIS office in Yakima? Why in god's name would there be something there? If you have to move to Yakima for work, don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

remember how kids under 12 aren’t vaccinated