Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Veotax posted:

Ooh, I've wanted to play Elite Force again. Never played EF2 either.

Kind of tempted by Hidden Evil, I'm a fan of Presto's Journeyman games and Myst III, but somehow I doubt it's actually a decent game.

Hidden Evil is one of the worst games I've ever played. Avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I hope that EF's multiplayer still works somehow

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

It's been 20 years so I'm pretty hazy, but I sort of remember Elite Force multiplayer being contained within its own separate executable for some reason. It would be an easy thing to cut if it's nonfunctional, though I assume it would still be in the GOG package even if the servers for it are long dead. At least LAN connections might still work for the half-dozen people who still do that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thread LAN party!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm pretty sure there are dedicated programs to simulate local connections or whatever specifically to allow online multiplayer for Lan-only games

I know it exists for doing online play on old console emulators, at least. Lots of fun playing Turtles in Time with people across the country.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Thread LAN party!

I would un ironically live this

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tighclops posted:

I would un ironically live this

sorry, i have to go home at 9, mom says

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Armada, Armada II, Elite Force, Elite Force II and Bridge Commander are all really good games and worth the price they're selling for. Star Fleet Command III kinda sucks and was broken at launch (and appears to also be broken on the GOG version in the exact same way lol) but it has its fans. Hidden Evil and Away Team were awful, don't buy them.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Tighclops posted:

I hope that EF's multiplayer still works somehow

Frag Cafe had a big 25th anniversary multiplayer thing a while ago so it should still work.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I didn’t get far in Away Team…it was pretty boring

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Turn on your LCARS display

Edit: Or tape a piece of black cardboard to it

Slavik
May 10, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Elite Force 2 was very rare because due to Activision’s lawsuit against Viacom they got pulled off the shelves after a short amount of time or something like that. It was also the last game they made for Trek.

That explains why after seeing it a bit in the shops I never found it again and why it still commands £30 on eBay even today - Coincidentally I was thinking of picking it up just last month, glad I didn't now. I already own Elite Force 1 but I will pick that up again too just for the ease of compatibility and that my disk is 20 years old.

Does Elite Force 1 come with the expansion where you have free reign of exploring Voyager?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

crossposting for new Trek stuff:

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Starts at 8:30 EST: https://www.startrek.com/day#panel-1

Decent list of appearances, too (also Wil Wheaton is appearing, among other places, in the Picard panel so set your phasers to "stupid rumors")

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Elite force is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YdWl8dFnVY

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Slavik posted:

That explains why after seeing it a bit in the shops I never found it again and why it still commands £30 on eBay even today - Coincidentally I was thinking of picking it up just last month, glad I didn't now. I already own Elite Force 1 but I will pick that up again too just for the ease of compatibility and that my disk is 20 years old.

Does Elite Force 1 come with the expansion where you have free reign of exploring Voyager?
I believe someone in another thread said that it does.

I think I sold my EF2 copy for like $80 around 8 years ago

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Slavik posted:

Taking a look at the GOG forums it looks like it is.

I have EF1 and the expansion on disc but I'm probably going to pick this up. Mostly because I don't have a PC with an optical drive anymore and I haven't bothered picking up an external drive yet.

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Thanks both, I never did buy the expansion originally so that will be good to go through that.

Everyone must of done that at least once and the developers planned for it too! The doctor was invincible if I recall.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It'd be fun if they made it so you could win. Kill all ~140 crew and the ship is yours.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Decades late but I wish the Voyager finale had like 5 minutes of everyone after they get to Earth.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spacebump posted:

Decades late but I wish the Voyager finale had like 5 minutes of everyone after they get to Earth.

They lashed themselves to the idea of "Set a course... for home." being the last line of the series as a bookend to the start of the show, so that automatically precludes any chance of them actually setting foot on Earth.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

nine-gear crow posted:

They lashed themselves to the idea of "Set a course... for home." being the last line of the series as a bookend to the start of the show, so that automatically precludes any chance of them actually setting foot on Earth.

They get to earth and immediately realize it isn’t for them and decide to go back to the delta quadrant. Problem solved

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

skasion posted:

They get to earth and immediately realize it isn’t for them and decide to go back to the delta quadrant. Problem solved

Whatever gets them back home opens two way travel to the Delta Quadrant.

"Set a course for home" is Voyager departing McKinley for a five year mission to extend the formal hand of friendship to the Delta Quadrant.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

skasion posted:

It’s such a loving easy slam dunk to have just had a scene where they’re all separated in a room being gushed over by reporters and Starfleet brass and one by one they all look over at each other and give a little nod and excuse themselves and then you cut to the bridge crew reunited and “stealing” Voyager to go back out there.

But no, we get the big wet fart of some cg assets meeting Voyager as it emerges from a space butthole and honestly that’s a far more fitting finale for a show that dumb.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They should ended it with a scroll of what happened to everyone

Harry Kim never made it past ensign

All of the Maquis crew were prosecuted for war crimes..

by Janeway

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Now time to watch TWoK on 4k disc, something I've been waiting 5 years for since they remastered it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hollismason posted:

by Janeway

Neelix '75: Killed in delta quadrant by his own troops

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s such a loving easy slam dunk to have just had a scene where they’re all separated in a room being gushed over by reporters and Starfleet brass and one by one they all look over at each other and give a little nod and excuse themselves and then you cut to the bridge crew reunited and “stealing” Voyager to go back out there.

They get to the Delta quadrant and Neelix pops up on the view screen.

"Heard there was a party, cap'n. Mind if I j--"

"Fire torpedoes. Phaser whatever's left."

"Glad to see you've still got that sense of humor, caAAAAAUGH--*

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tom Paris tragically lost his life in a pyramid scheme

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

The last scene of voyager should have been Tuvok getting back to his home on vulcan, sitting down in his favorite chair, with a sense of peace and relief starting to wash over his face, before Neelix bursts in with luggage and tells him he decided to come along after all and is going to be staying with Tuvok, before freeze framing on Tuvok starting to scream as wacky sitcom music starts playing over the credits.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They revealed the SNW cast, and the new additions to main cast are Cadet Uhura, Nurse Chapel, Dr. M'Benga, an Aenar man, a Hispanic woman, and another woman who may be related to Khan?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

FlamingLiberal posted:

...and another woman who may be related to Khan?

:raise:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

FlamingLiberal posted:

They revealed the SNW cast, and the new additions to main cast are Cadet Uhura, Nurse Chapel, Dr. M'Benga, an Aenar man, a Hispanic woman, and another woman who may be related to Khan?

If the Aenar isn't related to Shran in some way I'll be sad. He married an Aenar lady!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

How long do Andorians live? Could Shran still be alive?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Voyager should have ended with a dance party with a popular pop song playing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Voyager lands on Earth by a beach, the Doctor starts singing Cheese Burger In Paradise, Harry & Tom start dancing, everyone else joins in. The episode ends with Janeway telling a cab driver to "Set a course for home."

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Neelix shuffles his disgusting feet to Shaggy’s “It Wasn’t Me”

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

They had to kill the beast before she decided to murder the future again.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Nitrousoxide posted:

How long do Andorians live? Could Shran still be alive?

Just say he fell into a space-warp anomaly just after Enterprise and popped out again in the 23rd century!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hollismason posted:

by Janeway

When Synths were banned Janeway was put in charge of destroying all sentient holograms. In order to show that she could make the hard choices, she started with a public deletion of the Doctor. He begged, of course, but what can you do. Star Trek: Prodigy will end with the kids arriving at the Federation, having grown close to their surrogate mother holo-janeway, only for the real one to come in and delete her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

New full Picard trailer is out. Looks to be less serious and a bit bonkers. Still not getting my hopes up.