Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So what your saying is that VR for babies is an untapped market.

:hmmyes:

Zil fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Babies have it so good. Look at that baby. Not a care in the world. Everyone should be aspiring to be babies

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Video games of the future will measure your personal biometrics to determine the length of your stamina meter.

i've got a lot of dlc to buy...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Willo567 posted:

what is this supposed to be

360 treadmill op

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Willo567 posted:

the future of video games

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Willo567 posted:

looks like he's playing job simulator op, specifically the chef job

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jesus loving christ Exit Strategy in Mercs 2 is just a horrible mission. You have to go into an area packed with tanks, anti-air and barracks and get a guy off the top of a building with a chopper. It sucks enough already but then on most of my attempts the mission fails for no reason just as I'm getting started. The one time I managed to get to the prisoner I forgot what type of mission this was and killed him. gently caress this whole loving thing. It's putting me off the whole game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I beat the Fire Emblem hack I was posting about. I think I can safely say I enjoyed it more than any FE since Awakening. If you only count gameplay, and not aesthetics, the last one I enjoyed this much was New Mystery

It's real good, a true masterpiece of retro FE design

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's called project ember and everyone should make fun of cheetah for missing a secret character

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
please don't my ego can't survive the hit

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

it's called project ember and everyone should make fun of cheetah for missing a secret character

barely a gamer then imho

as someone who only dabbles in FE what is this romhack doing that the more recent games are failing at? you may have already said in your previous posts and i missed it so feel free to emptyquote yourself at me if so

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

exquisite tea posted:

The next Alpha Protocol...

It's me, I'm the person that wants a new Alpha Protocol.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Beta Protocol

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just remembered how Alpha Protocol was such a xbox 360 era game, that the only real way to customize your boring rear end dude was the beard length:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The things that I miss from retro FE the most are side objectives and simplicity of mechanics. Since Radiant Dawn, the non-remakes haven't really had many maps where there's anything to do other than the actual victory condition, which tends to result in lower strategic depth (though not necessarily lower tactical depth). Since Awakening, skills, pair up, and other mechanics have tended to make combat math so annoying to calculate that it can be hard to even tell what will happen when I hit end turn, making tactical-level gameplay exhausting. (Three Houses is a step in the right direction on this front compared to Awakening and Fates, but it's still far more complicated than the GBA games). Project Ember doesn't really have any new ideas, but rather I'd say it's a best hits collection from some of my favorite games in the series. Characters have strong, loud, mechanical focuses just like in Thracia. Enemies have strong offensive stats and powerful weapons, emphasizing player phase combat, just like in the DS games. It has the rescue mechanics and general resource style of the GBA games. And they used FE6 as the base, so they have mostly-competent maps as a starting point already.

It's not completely without missteps--I think giving all bows 2-3 range was a mistake--but it's just an extremely coherent and competent expression of the design ethos of that era of Fire Emblem.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Good news there will probably be a new Crash Bandicoot game announced sometime soon. Like maybe tomorrow.

Bad news is it'll still be published by Activision and also the previous Crash dev team is still working in the COD mines so I dunno who actually developed the new game here...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

cheetah7071 posted:

please don't my ego can't survive the hit

gonna have to revoke your gamer certification for that one, bucko

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
that makes the romhack sound pretty rad. as a FE neophyte i really did not enjoy the pair up stuff, though a big part of that is it meant you effectively had fewer units on the field and i found it to be both tactically and aesthetically duller.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've decided to call it quits on Mercs 2 cause this really isn't fun any more. It's disappointing cause the game started so well but it's gone more and more downhill the more of it I've played.

Oh well, next up is Supreme Commander. I like RTS games but we'll see how well it goes down on console

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

nuuuuclear bunker busterrrrrrr

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kurieg posted:

Hey uhh

:siren: don't play titanfall 2 right now, and you should probably uninstall it if you have it :siren:

Some hackers figured out a way to use origin multiplayer invites for titanfall 2 to run arbitrary code on your system.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm playing BotW again after having bought it on my Switch earlier this year. I'm going to make an actual effort to get good at the combat since every Test of Strength shrine or Lynel fight turns into an hour long quest to prepare a ton of Defense and Heart boosting meals and it stops being fun after Death Mountain. I'd like to actually finish the game this time. I already opened up the whole map and got the Master Sword so now I'm ready to try to actually engage with the systems and story.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

That description doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for the textbook buffer overflow attack that this probably is. Either way, yeah, be careful

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Saw this at walmart earlier today

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I did the tutorial for Supreme Commander, it was kinda confusing. So far so very Starcraft, hoping it has something unique about it once I get into the campaign

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Saw this at walmart earlier today

that's better than the tommy pickles one at least

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Gudetama canonically has an egg shell car. Why isn't it that. :goonsay:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

my partner bought me some tea that im only just now getting around to and i dont have the heart to tell him one of the types he got for me tastes like microwaved cough syrup :negative:

(he's mostly a coffee drinker and the only tea he drinks is like. default green or oolong. so he probably did not know that this kind would be like this but. well)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i mail ordered some highly caffeinated tea, and it all tastes like meat

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't like that the egg yolk has a butt

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Are you sure you didn't order Bovril

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

Gudetama canonically has an egg shell car. Why isn't it that. :goonsay:

That's a different toyline

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Am I going to buy a Lego set of a Question Mark Block? :bisonyes:

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1435558595157008387

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There's a pic of what the set looks like and it's a micro build of Mario 64 levels and I'm gonna buy it because one day I will be able to feel like my 12 year old self again and not want to die every waking moment of my adult existence.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's been almost five years now and I'm still hoping someone, somehow puts out a version of Lego Dimensions that includes all the stuff they added like the Sonic level on a next-gen disc.

I imagine trying to re-release any version of the title is an IP license renewing nightmare though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

There's a pic of what the set looks like and it's a micro build of Mario 64 levels and I'm gonna buy it because one day I will be able to feel like my 12 year old self again and not want to die every waking moment of my adult existence.

Link the pics nerd!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

haveblue posted:

That description doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for the textbook buffer overflow attack that this probably is. Either way, yeah, be careful

my understanding is that yea, its just a buffer overflow from a malformed lobby link that got sent to a buncha people with no payload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I still don't understand why the mailroom lady in Psychonauts 2 sees Raz as a vase

am I overthinking it