Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's going to retire because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hot Diggity! posted:

He's going to retire because of it

No, now he feels he must win a Super Bowl in the “Slightly modified jersey number Era”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It comes out that Tom Brady was colorblind all along, couldn't read the words on his MAGA hat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Let's go Cowboys

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/JoePo89/status/1435671117721710594

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Let's go Cowboys

:yeah:

Can’t wait to go to my dad’s tomorrow night to watch our team get destroyed in the season opener

I’ve also somehow managed to turn my SO into a Cowboys fan. I feel bad about it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lol this guy is gonna get people again

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1435690244968484875

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I go to Wes for all my breaking sports news

Get the man a check mark already

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1435665220643418114?s=19

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

:yeah:

Can’t wait to go to my dad’s tomorrow night to watch our team get destroyed in the season opener

Enjoy the game with your dad. :unsmith:

my father is pretty much bedridden at this point and his health is a mess so visiting him in pandemic times to watch a game is unlikely. :smith:

Just gonna sneak in a gently caress the Cowboys here.

quote:

I’ve also somehow managed to turn my SO into a Cowboys fan. I feel bad about it

That's messed up just outright admitting to abuse like that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tom's right the number changing system is unbelievably stupid for callsigns. Footballs so blisteringly fast that the human brain needs an easily identifiable symbol to associate with physical aptitude.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is this an accurate representation of JJ Watt now?

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1435690684296699911

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

I get why Chandler Jones wanted a trade now his teammate is so spooky :shudder:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'd expect decay to be further along.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Just needs him sitting in an injury cart but it's not technically Week 1 yet so for now, accurate

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tom Brady's self awareness is extremely funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uymLJoKFlW8

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i've always been a huge tom brady guy

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Enjoy the game with your dad. :unsmith:

my father is pretty much bedridden at this point and his health is a mess so visiting him in pandemic times to watch a game is unlikely. :smith:

Hope your old man gets better. Sucks you haven’t been able to see him, but hopefully you can soon

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Fate Accomplice posted:

Tom Brady's self awareness is extremely funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uymLJoKFlW8

The convo with the Boston guys was great

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Curtis Samuel…..injured!?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

Just gonna sneak in a gently caress the Cowboys here.[/spoiler]

I'll allow it, THIS ONE TIME

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Since Romo retired I don't particularly care about the Cowboys one way or another outside of greatly enjoying the prime time NFCE clown ball, but in this instance I would like Dak to be as good as people think he is and beat Tampa

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Do the cowboys still have a guy named Neville Gallimore? Seems like someone that would be destined to destroying Brady's horcrux

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.
What are Garapolo's weaknesses? I hear things like weak arm and checks down too much, but I'm guessing it's much more than that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Also can't stay healthy and distractingly sexy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sexiest zombie there ever was

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

He'll throw the ball straight to a linebacker if they don't fall for play action

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.
Thanks for the feedback. Re: staying healthy- yeah I saw the clip of him running headfirst into the end zone in a preseason game- maybe judgment is also an issue.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Also can't stay healthy and distractingly sexy.

Yeah this is the biggest thing. Er...choose whichever of those you want to.

And he's just not good enough to go all in on hoping that he'll figure the health part out. His game is just...middling to better than that for an NFL QB. Which is fine, he's been ok to very good when healthy. But not eye popping enough to hold on to forever hoping he can stay healthy from what I can tell.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

mods please namechange the thread to Week 1 N/V because I honestly forgot about that when creating it

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah this is the biggest thing. Er...choose whichever of those you want to.

And he's just not good enough to go all in on hoping that he'll figure the health part out. His game is just...middling to better than that for an NFL QB. Which is fine, he's been ok to very good when healthy. But not eye popping enough to hold on to forever hoping he can stay healthy from what I can tell.

So getting to the Super Bowl and coming close to winning with Garapolo is more about Shanahan/coaching/rest of the team than Jimmy?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

socketwrencher posted:

So getting to the Super Bowl and coming close to winning with Garapolo is more about Shanahan/coaching/rest of the team than Jimmy?

definitely, especially the run game/Kittle/that DLine

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jimmy is a replacement level QB who is as good as the team around him and can't stay on the field.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Packers and Steelers gonna “organizational philosophy” themselves out of top tier talent.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1435710622193307653

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

socketwrencher posted:

What are Garapolo's weaknesses? I hear things like weak arm and checks down too much, but I'm guessing it's much more than that.

He is anti-clutch and always seems to fold under pressure. He pads his stats when they are up a ton, but the second he needs to make some sort of game winning drive he starts chucking the ball into triple coverage or missing WRs by a mile.

Between Belichek and Shanahan he has had the best coaching available and he has still been mediocre. If he had league average coaching he would be a clipboard holder or out of the league.

Also for some reason people think he is good.

Their superbowl run in 2019 was in spite of him, he threw for 80 yards in one of the playoff games and they still won by a lot.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 8, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

socketwrencher posted:

He's somewhere in the good but not great range when healthy. That was the single year out of four in SF he's stayed healthy is the problem, and the not great thing makes you want to look for Trey Lance I guess?

I mean if he were available about half the teams in the league should kick the tires on him and sign him if he doesn't immediately fall down.

e: I do agree that Niners team was stacked though

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.
Right on, thanks all.

Any recs on Youtube channels with good football analysis? Looking for NFL Film Session and QB School type channels- thanks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Packers and Steelers gonna “organizational philosophy” themselves out of top tier talent.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1435710622193307653

So dumb.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

socketwrencher posted:

Right on, thanks all.

Any recs on Youtube channels with good football analysis? Looking for NFL Film Session and QB School type channels- thanks.

Brett kollman is alright if he isn't talking about quarterback prospects for the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

Chucktesla posted:

Brett kollman is alright if he isn't talking about quarterback prospects for the draft

Cool, thanks