Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gavok posted:

Makes me wonder which show the AEW game is going to name itself after. Rampage should be off the table since that's already the name of a well-known game series and Double or Nothing should be saved for the sequel.

dynamite feels like the home run answer here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember that period in the Smackdown games when you'd execute your finisher, and a giant Smackdown Logo would appear on the screen, obscuring everything?

God that was the worst.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That owned, actually.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that kicked rear end

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The ones where it'd go into super-slowmo when you hit a finisher were great.

Honestly the thing that killed the 2K games for me, beyond being broken and unfinished, was the obsession with Realism sucking all the fun out of the games. Just make the drat game fun and that'll get you like 80% of the way there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Honestly the thing that killed the 2K games for me, beyond being broken and unfinished, was the obsession with Realism sucking all the fun out of the games. Just make the drat game fun and that'll get you like 80% of the way there.

Where it'd do the Matrix effect during finishers? Yeah, that was awesome.

One of Yukes' problems was listening to the fanbase. It went from being to play as anyone in story mode because it was all text base dialogue, to only being able to play as a handful because fans whined about wanting voiceovers instead.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

If you ever wondered "How much like a fighting game can you make Fire Pro Wrestling World look" then check this thing I made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsysToRLkJM

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Gavok posted:

Makes me wonder which show the AEW game is going to name itself after. Rampage should be off the table since that's already the name of a well-known game series and Double or Nothing should be saved for the sequel.

it's gonna be called AEW Presents WCW Thunder

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

it's gonna be called AEW Presents WCW Thunder

Scotsman review AEW Presents WCW Thunder

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
AEW 2K23

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Kennel posted:

AEW 2K23

Don't even joke about that!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW 2k13 in honor of the better of the two MLB game franchises.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

No Mercy 2 featuring AEW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

karmicknight posted:

AEW 2k13 in honor of the better of the two MLB game franchises.

Midway presents AEW HitZ?

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

One thing I'd like is for them to get the timings on finishers juuuuust right. In the Smackdown games especially it always felt like the finisher bars would fill relatively quickly, which would usually lead to them being bust out multiple times with finishers being kicked out of everywhere.

My solution would be the following options :

1) Make the finisher be absolutely devastating in most cases, but the gauge takes a much longer time to fill. In the meantime, signature non-finishers from a wrestlers moveset would serve for moves that offer more impact than your regular ones, but without them being spammed.

2) Fill the gauge relatively quickly, and have it be just as devasting to allow for flash wins, but have the odds of a reversal based on your opponents health. Bust out a finisher after a long banger of a match? They're eating that finisher and probably the pin, but if you've done little damage and try to use an earned finisher there's a much, much higher chance it gets reversed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the wwe2k19 caw community is getting really creative in getting the most out of this 3 year old game. this is an unmodded cap from the ps4 version.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Defract is one of the GOATs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

This is why the UFC games got progressively worse.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Davros1 posted:

No Mercy 2 featuring AEW

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:y2thgm.2.4

drat, still trademarked.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm just happy Jungle Boy's hair doesn't look like a janky mess. That alone puts it ahead of any WWE game in the last decade.

Weird bacon-strip hair that clips through your character's shoulders and face is a time-honored staple of wrestling games. :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

Defract is one of the GOATs.

he really is. super nice dude too way different than the no mercy mod guys.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I dropped my desktop off my desk(dumb as hell) it fell face first and it turns on and seems to be fine structurally but it runs slow as gently caress, slow as balls; any of you eggheads/poindexters got any bright ideas?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't drop a computer off a desk

re seat the ram sticks and check the computer temperatures to see if maybe your cooler got hosed up and is making your cpu run really slow. maybe check graphics card connections also

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drop yourself so the computer can get its heat back

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean it doesn't really take the Geek Squad to figure out if you dropped a whole-rear end computer off a desk it probably broke something inside.

(for real though it likely did knock something loose or possibly broke something so be ready to replace some poo poo)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

your non-parenthetical statement wasn't "unreal," simply rude, and you've made an enemy this day you'll not easily unmake.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Haha just playin. but fellas I didn’t mean to drop it, it’s a long story.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I can’t reach the ram easy. Is this fan on the motherboard supposed to be crooked

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ get this poo poo and run it in "sensors only" mode, then scroll down to the first set of celsius temperatures in the list then post a screenshot. should be core 0, 1, 2, etc. that's your cpu cores

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

better post some pics of the inside of that computer. right here

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just shoved that fucker back in and I think I broke the disk drive but who gives a poo poo right it is 2021 let’s see how it goes it is turning on now. I will post pics if it still sucks but it’s hard to
Without the
Computer, I tried posting that HHH video forever and you just know it’s gonna get overlooked C-man. Pearls before Swine

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s an HP computer,
Made for Gaming
I believe, with the color scheme of degeneration x. It’s turning on now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad we could collaborate and fix the computer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That DICK! posted:

It’s an HP computer,
Made for Gaming
I believe, with the color scheme of degeneration x. It’s turning on now

is that why you broke it down

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ahhhhh!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is that why you broke it down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how do i force others to view the post

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cavauro posted:

how do i force others to view the post

I sawr it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
vidoe games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well my pc isn’t any loving faster fellows. I’m unscrewing all the poo poo again, and then I’m gonna jam it. Think if it’d be pretty “cool” to put together a community drive for me, should I gently caress up, so that I’ll have money to buy a New gaming PC AND MORE.