Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Hey, remember when we were worried about murder hornets and the Australian wildfires?

Those were the days.

We'll be worried about Australian bushfires again soon enough.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-26/bushfire-seasonal-outlook/100409080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Remember that case where a doctor was dosing inmates in an Arkansas prison with ivermectin? It was even dumber and worse than we expected LOL

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1433983153887223809

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Remember that case where a doctor was dosing inmates in an Arkansas prison with ivermectin? It was even dumber and worse than we expected LOL

love my human experiment-approved horse dewormer paste

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
lets be fair, it was human dewormer pills

still hosed up and unethical as gently caress, but probably won’t result in any overdoses

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sorry to deworm you

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

This whole push towards "natural immunity is the best defence against infection" is real fuckin' weird because in order to get antibodies "naturally" you need to have caught covid already. The secret to decreasing cases is ..... to increase cases????

The other thing I've seen pushed is that the pandemic wouldn't have been so bad if we'd just let kids mix with their grandparents so they could safely pass on covid, which apparently is much safer than getting it at hospital / care homes

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hooray covid is over!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1435045221335719937

E: ah jeez maybe not?

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1435403220642373637

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zugzwang posted:

Covid killed more cops in 2020 than all other causes of death combined, so, lol at them rejecting vaccine mandates.

Some of them were even prepared to risk federal conspiracy charges to avoid the vax

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1435414471158255617

https://vtstatepolice.blogspot.com/2021/09/vermont-state-police-issues-statement.html

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Hooray covid is over!

Ingerlund is back to 200+ deaths per day since March 21, see you guys at the footie!

The news start to circulate firebreak lockdowns which denied by BoJo but idk, UK feels exceptionally blase about the numbers at this point.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Galewolf posted:

Ingerlund is back to 200+ deaths per day since March 21, see you guys at the footie!

The news start to circulate firebreak lockdowns which denied by BoJo but idk, UK feels exceptionally blase about the numbers at this point.

Schools just went back with zero precautions, should give our numbers a bit of a boost in the coming months.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014

“Captain O'Hagan: There was a time when we'd take a guy like you in the back and beat you with a hose. Now you've got your goddamned unions.

Farva: Cap'n...you know I'm not a pro-union guy.”

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Zugzwang posted:

I can’t imagine what’s going through the heads of HCWs who have been watching almost exclusively unvaccinated people dying in droves, and still thinking nope, I don’t want that jab.

I have no mask and I must scream

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The vast majority of healthcare workers arent dealing with covid patients or if they are it's not when they're critical

My local hospital tries to ship you 4 hours away for anything worse than a mild fever

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fallom posted:

The vast majority of healthcare workers arent dealing with covid patients or if they are it's not when they're critical

My local hospital tries to ship you 4 hours away for anything worse than a mild fever

What a weird thing to say.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I constantly see people wonder why healthcare workers have such bad attitudes regarding covid so I don't think it's weird at all to point out that only a minority actually work in places that handle covid emergency cases vs. a whole world of clinics, labs, etc.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What a weird thing to say.

In the context of "How could HCWs look at their dying unvaccinated patients and still not get the vaccine"? Not really. It's entirely possible a HCW spent the entire pandemic without really dealing with COVID patients themselves. Not everyone is an ER or ICU nurse.

Combine that with social media brainworms, prior anti-vaxx tendencies, and/or maybe they're just idiots and yeah.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fallom posted:

I constantly see people wonder why healthcare workers have such bad attitudes regarding covid so I don't think it's weird at all to point out that only a minority actually work in places that handle covid emergency cases vs. a whole world of clinics, labs, etc.

Implicit in a statement like "doctors and nurses are burning out dealing with Covid patients" is that we're talking about frontline healthcare workers.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DickParasite posted:

Implicit in a statement like "doctors and nurses are burning out dealing with Covid patients" is that we're talking about frontline healthcare workers.

This is terrifying, and I can't understand why there's nurses and health care workers that are like "uh actually, we don't want to get the vaccine".

loving christ.

Anyway, it's generally not the front line workers who are the anti-vaxxers/denialists but the people more peripherally associated with covid (such as the case for the doctor at the heart hospital).

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fallom posted:

Anyway, it's generally not the front line workers who are the anti-vaxxers/denialists but the people more peripherally associated with covid (such as the case for the doctor at the heart hospital).

NY Times filmed a documentary in the most anti-vax community in the US (only 36% vaccinated). At the hospital they filmed at the staff only had a 50% vacc rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8P12BXebo&t=310s

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Those who cry snowflakes, have since become them.

Some of those that fear mandates/
Are the same that eat horse paste

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Fallom posted:

In that context, sure. But you would hope that folks in that industry would have a better appreciation of how serious COVID-19 is—particularly if they have fewer degrees of separation to experts. Their dismissiveness only brings legitimacy to the denialists.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

This whole push towards "natural immunity is the best defence against infection" is real fuckin' weird because in order to get antibodies "naturally" you need to have caught covid already. The secret to decreasing cases is ..... to increase cases????

Once all the people that COULD die from covid DO die, then we don’t have to worry about people dying from covid anymore. It’s so simple!

I think they’re going with the idea of Darwinism and survival of the fittest. It’s like saying you don’t care if people die, without saying you don’t care if people die.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When I look at r/hermancainawards, I keep seeing parents die and leave orphaned children. What are they going to be like when they grow up? How will they remember all of this?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I guess they'll grow up to get their shots.

...right? :(

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

rt4 posted:

When I look at r/hermancainawards, I keep seeing parents die and leave orphaned children. What are they going to be like when they grow up? How will they remember all of this?

Some ideas for the russian troll farms:

Biden Killed Their Daddy

The Deep State sprayed vaccines into the air to kill good americans

They killed them at the Hospital to steal their precious unvaxxed organs

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I guess they'll grow up to get their shots.

...right? :(

Then how can they carry on their parents legacy?!

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Get yer flu shots. My insurer covered mine, and compared to getting the COVID vaccine, it was a walk in the park. Vaguely sore arm the next day.

[

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There is a drive through flu shot clinic near us, worth looking to see if your local area has one

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Get yer flu shots. My insurer covered mine, and compared to getting the COVID vaccine, it was a walk in the park. Vaguely sore arm the next day.

[

WHAT DOES THE BRACKET MEAN.

DID A 5G NANOBOT NOT TERMINATE ITS CODE CORRECTLY?

VERY CONCERNING... EYES OPEN PATRIOTS!!!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
When bands contain responsible adults instead of belligerent toddlers:

Red Fang cancel headlining tour

https://lambgoat.com/news/34694/red-fang-cancel-headlining-tour/

quote:

"Unfortunately, our cautious optimism has turned into stark realism and we have decided to cancel our appearance at Louder Than Life festival and our upcoming Fall US tour in the interest of public safety. We feel it's not realistic to play shows in a safe/responsible manner and the best thing to do is hang back and wait until the situation improves.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chemtrails.

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

Songbearer posted:

WHAT DOES THE BRACKET MEAN.

DID A 5G NANOBOT NOT TERMINATE ITS CODE CORRECTLY?

VERY CONCERNING... EYES OPEN PATRIOTS!!!

Spell at least 3 of those words wrong and put in a wrong apostrophe, then it will feel familiar.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

They killed them at the Hospital to steal their precious unvaxxed organs

One of the popular conspiracies at the moment is that intubated patients aren't actually dying from covid, it's the respirators that are killing them

You think it's a coincidence that most of the non-intubated patients survive but most of the intubated patients die?? Wake up, sheeple! Correlation = causality, dontcha know!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

One of the popular conspiracies at the moment is that intubated patients aren't actually dying from covid, it's the respirators that are killing them

You think it's a coincidence that most of the non-intubated patients survive but most of the intubated patients die?? Wake up, sheeple! Correlation = causality, dontcha know!

If it leads to unvaccinated people refusing ventilation, freeing up the ICU bed for someone else, I'm not seeing the problem here.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

pacerhimself posted:

Pfizer Moderna mooltipass

Lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

This is terrifying, and I can't understand why there's nurses and health care workers that are like "uh actually, we don't want to get the vaccine".

loving christ.

This^^^

This is what I dont get. There are still nurses and medical related people not getting vaxed

That is what I dont understand. People TALK. If shittons of people are dying and suffering how are these people still not getting vaxed??

How are they still weighing the risk from vax greater 2 years later?

Edit: I sometimes still post before finishing reading the thread and its usually a mistake lol

But mom and dad so perfectly asked my main question!

I still dont get it. I cant beLIEVE so many people are so stupid :doh:

Spinz fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 9, 2021

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Found out yesterday that my dad and his girlfriend got the roni from another anti-vax idiot family member who was sick but didn't tell anyone about it before inviting folks over. He's like, "maybe in a year I'll get the vax, this isn't the worst I've felt." I told him to not be a dumbass and get it if he makes it through this. I've known quite a few people that have died from it.
I'm still kinda stunned that after two years of this poo poo. Fucken "maybe I'll get it in a year" what the gently caress. This poo poo drops people his age, especially those with the same chronic health problems. Before anyone asks, he sometimes drives without a seatbelt, too.
At least me and the saner parts of the family are vaxxed.

chainchompz fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 9, 2021

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
edit: can't read worth poo poo

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 9, 2021

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Spinz posted:

This^^^

This is what I dont get. There are still nurses and medical related people not getting vaxed

That is what I dont understand. People TALK. If shittons of people are dying and suffering how are these people still not getting vaxed??

How are they still weighing the risk from vax greater 2 years later?

Edit: I sometimes still post before finishing reading the thread and its usually a mistake lol

But mom and dad so perfectly asked my main question!

I still dont get it. I cant beLIEVE so many people are so stupid :doh:

Human brain (and every other thing that’s alive) is optimized to be very good at “not gonna happen to me” because otherwise every minute of life would be filled with eternal doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Like a video of an eagle picking up a goat while the rest watch… and then go back to eating grass. No time to worry about eagles, I’m hungry