Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/simpsoncrapmeme/status/1435331779955671053

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

What in the hell is that?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Code Jockey posted:

What in the hell is that?

You want me to show this to the cat, and have the cat tell you what it is?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They say he carved it himself from a less dignified bowl.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Trabant posted:

A tribute:

The greatest post in the thread? No, this is just a tribute.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tenebrais posted:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Tenebrais posted:

fake edit: beaten to it, but it still deserves the emptyquote, now less empty.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

cool knife

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stealing this from discord

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/184745467828109312/884956140948033556/120617678_4628392657222650_1816885668126940323_n.mp4

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Holy Moly! This is amazing!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Literally went into a coughing fit laughing at this.
Holy poo poo goons dont pass this up

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

gently caress lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maybe i should give new simpsons a shot???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also got this email the other day

ziiinnnc! ziiiiiiinc!!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mario Kuck 64 got me

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

also got this email the other day

ziiinnnc! ziiiiiiinc!!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Lol at the chip one especially

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Oh egads, my Moest is ruined!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Actually it’s a flaming Homerst.

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

He died as he lived - surrounded by the northern lights.

Ultramega OK
May 14, 2003

I'm a Catholic, I can feel guilty about anything.

Yegods, my Moeballs are ruined!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Apollodorus posted:

Actually it’s a flaming Homerst.

You know me, Marge.
I like my beer cold, my TV loud,
and my Homerst, fa-laming

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

You know me, Marge.
I like my beer cold, my TV loud,
and my Homerst, fa-laming

I wanted to make a marge version of this bit that goes:

"You know me, Homer.
I like my potatoes neat, my teeth stolen,
And my foibles un-mentioned"

Except that last bit appears to be based on... nothing? I could have sworn Marge coldly says "thanks but I prefer my foibles unmentioned" in response to Larry and the kids riffing on her hair. It's not on frinkiac and it's not in any deleted scenes. Unmentioned doesn't even appear in frinkiac and "foibles unmentioned" returns no hits on google. Did I dream this line?

I like making new stuff for this thread but quoting scenes that are only in my imagination might be pushing things.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

pitch a fitness posted:

I wanted to make a marge version of this bit that goes:

"You know me, Homer.
I like my potatoes neat, my teeth stolen,
And my foibles un-mentioned"

Except that last bit appears to be based on... nothing? I could have sworn Marge coldly says "thanks but I prefer my foibles unmentioned" in response to Larry and the kids riffing on her hair. It's not on frinkiac and it's not in any deleted scenes. Unmentioned doesn't even appear in frinkiac and "foibles unmentioned" returns no hits on google. Did I dream this line?

I like making new stuff for this thread but quoting scenes that are only in my imagination might be pushing things.

I have no memory of Marge ever saying anything about foibles. Bart does say foibles in regards to Larry, and also in another episode talking about the newspaper, but don't remember that from Marge.

Then again, idk what the "teeth stolen" is about either.

I say bring on the dreamposting, that's where this thread is a viking. (And it has to be better than Haschel)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

folibes

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Not a fan of Gigantic Asses in Afghanistan...

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

'I like stories' is probably one of my favorite Simpsons lines ever. It's telling that a three word line is funnier than anything they've put out in 20 years and they can simply never reach that level of self-awareness to make something that good ever again.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

AHH F/UGH posted:

'I like stories' is probably one of my favorite Simpsons lines ever. It's telling that a three word line is funnier than anything they've put out in 20 years and they can simply never reach that level of self-awareness to make something that good ever again.

Homer's stupid "that was fast" line from In Marge We Trust is my underappreciated quote to add to the pile.

https://youtu.be/U7K6WtuJES8 (4:40ish)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fantastic

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Homer's stupid "that was fast" line from In Marge We Trust is my underappreciated quote to add to the pile.

https://youtu.be/U7K6WtuJES8 (4:40ish)

That whole exchange is something my parents and I say all of the time, it's one of our favorite lines. It's amazing how such small exchanges can stand out even compared to the great show around it.

That, and this particular line from Futurama, will stick with me forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTr4t88XWg

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

A new lomer appears!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SpacePig posted:

It's amazing how such small exchanges can stand out even compared to the great show around it.

when The Simpsons fires on all cylinders, every part of it is hilarious. for me, the first few lines of this scene are some of the low-key funniest exposition. i say 'Sounds good' like Lenny about a hundred times a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nHtr5l2UA

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

alf_pogs posted:

when The Simpsons fires on all cylinders, every part of it is hilarious. for me, the first few lines of this scene are some of the low-key funniest exposition. i say 'Sounds good' like Lenny about a hundred times a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nHtr5l2UA

Great example of the voice actors really bringing to life what on paper is a kind of flat filler gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I still love the entire "new glasses" exchange where homer implies murder is an option