Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Can't wait to see in what kind of hilarious way this breaks the game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Concerned that chariots are now bad again and that bretonnian formations may be impacted negatively from the back row issue fixed.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m glad for this patch. Recently my pistoliers charged a mass of swordsmen and died.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Also, anyone worried that they are not doing vector math on the charge?

Like a faster light cav may get a bonus in speed for damage if an enemy is running away when it should be a negative.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mordja posted:

I legit think we're gonna have to wait a couple DLCs for the most interesting stuff. With 6+ factions at release, they've got their work cut out for them.
Eh, 4 of those factions are going to share a good number of units. In my head its more like 3 factions where one of them is getting 4 (maybe 5) LLs and thus has more detail.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Eh, 4 of those factions are going to share a good number of units.
I mean that kinda proves my point that a lot of the more interesting differentiation will come in DLCs. Like, I expect each Chaos faction to have a pretty standardized baseline at launch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mordja posted:

I mean that kinda proves my point that a lot of the more interesting differentiation will come in DLCs. Like, I expect each Chaos faction to have a pretty standardized baseline at launch.
:shrug: I disagree, I feel like there will be quite a bit differentiating the 4 (5?) Chaos factions such that they will not need DLC to be interesting. CA has been working on this for a long time; much of the concept art that they have shared has been some really different stuff for the different gods.

Also I really dont think that they would release the game with 4 (5?) of the 6 (7?) factions being nearly identical.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I did a few tests, and if you play bretonnia on ultra and love wedge formation, I am sorry. All 4 of you bret fans.

It seems worse than just a wide formation the larger the unit sizes are.

On the other hand if you play on smaller unit sizes, you are better than before.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jokes on you CA, I play Bretonnia by focusing on infantry, I've already owned myself

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I hate lizards, I hate skeletons, I hate rats, and I loving hate elves.

This thorek campaign is really getting me in a grudging mood I tell you what. Constant piles of assholes wardeccing me and then I beat their miserable hides to a bloody pulp and then some other puffed up turd on the other side of the mountains decides they want to have a go, so I have to drag the army over there to turn them into paste as well, and by that time some new prick has popped up to have a swing.

I need to invent new ways to kill them even more dead because I am not satisfied with just the normal amount of killing I am doing to these assholes.

At least teclis is loving dead, pointy eared prick that he is.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I hate lizards, I hate skeletons, I hate rats, and I loving hate elves.

This thorek campaign is really getting me in a grudging mood I tell you what. Constant piles of assholes wardeccing me and then I beat their miserable hides to a bloody pulp and then some other puffed up turd on the other side of the mountains decides they want to have a go, so I have to drag the army over there to turn them into paste as well, and by that time some new prick has popped up to have a swing.

I need to invent new ways to kill them even more dead because I am not satisfied with just the normal amount of killing I am doing to these assholes.

At least teclis is loving dead, pointy eared prick that he is.

That's the spirit! now go burn athel loren to the ground!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Athel loren isn't in this campaign, I'm playing dwortex.

But I am absolutely going to go and raze araby for being related to khalida, and both elf continents for being elves.

Lizards maybe live because most of them are actually alright it was just the rebels and that is mostly khalida's fault anyway.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thats fantastic

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I lol'd

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I can't decide between doing an Archaeon playthrough now or seeing how it updates with WH3, if at all.

And if so, any tips besides ditching the marauder building in favor of chaos warriors asap?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Befriend Clan Moulder and the Vampires, let them recolonize Empire settlements so you can actually hit your win condition.

Expect Bretonnia to confederation train all the way down their coast and into the southern continent before you finish destroying them.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ravenfood posted:

I can't decide between doing an Archaeon playthrough now or seeing how it updates with WH3, if at all.

And if so, any tips besides ditching the marauder building in favor of chaos warriors asap?

be Sigvald instead and start with a hellcannon. Archaeon is pretty easy to unlock. Warriors of Chaos is the only campaign I've ever beaten on Legendary but I don't know if my write up is relevant anymore. Also I think it's in the WH1 thread.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 9, 2021

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

be Sigvald instead and start with a hellcannon. Archaeon is pretty easy to unlock. Warriors of Chaos is the only campaign I've ever beaten on Legendary but I don't know if my write up is relevant anymore. Also I think it's in the WH1 thread.

Yeah you have no idea how powerful a hellcannon is. It is always the most powerful unit in every chaos army that is smart enough to bring 1 or 5.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

jokes posted:

Yeah you have no idea how powerful a hellcannon is. It is always the most powerful unit in every chaos army that is smart enough to bring 1 or 5.

It might just feel that way because the relative paucity of ranged units in Warriors of Chaos.

You've got, one, guys on horses with javelins, two, guys on horses with throwing axes, and three, giant phallic cannon. Of course it'll feel great.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

William Bear posted:

It might just feel that way because the relative paucity of ranged units in Warriors of Chaos.

You've got, one, guys on horses with javelins, two, guys on horses with throwing axes, and three, giant phallic cannon. Of course it'll feel great.

Nah it's legitimately one of the best artillery units in the entire game due to how versatile it is. It's good against blobs like a mortar, it's good against single targets like a cannon, it does armor piercing and magic damage, anything it hits takes a leadership penalty, and if for some reason it gets into melee it's unbreakable so as long as you rescue it it will be able to start shooting again,

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Mordja posted:

I legit think we're gonna have to wait a couple DLCs for the most interesting stuff. With 6+ factions at release, they've got their work cut out for them.

I thought they'd only announced chaos, Kislev and Cathay so far, who are the other three?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It fires highly damaging, enemy-seeking, armor-piercing missiles with massive splash and is strong against everything.

Unarmored blobs? easy. Armored infantry? dead. Flying lords? it's a self-guiding missile. Flying units? splash and homing, homie. Cavalry? Splash and homing and AP.

It's never bad. Maybe against dudes standing in a forest. The only shortcoming is that you only get 1 per card but, frankly, that's not a big deal. Normal artillery misses half the time anyways.

Best thing is, it has testicles and chaos dwarfs.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jarvisi posted:

I thought they'd only announced chaos, Kislev and Cathay so far, who are the other three?

Each Chaos is its own faction with its own mechanics and roster, and then there's probably Ogres as a preorder.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hellcannons in lore sound way more like monsters that have a cannon on them, poo poo would be way cooler if it was basically a chariot and you have a firing mode where you anchored the chains and it had extended range but couldn't move. Add an enraged behavior where if too much blood was split it would break it's chains and charge into combat shooting the entire time.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Arghy posted:

Hellcannons in lore sound way more like monsters that have a cannon on them, poo poo would be way cooler if it was basically a chariot and you have a firing mode where you anchored the chains and it had extended range but couldn't move. Add an enraged behavior where if too much blood was split it would break it's chains and charge into combat shooting the entire time.

I think that's what the skull cannon in the new Khorne roster basically is

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Archaon's faction bonuses are very strong though, better than Sigvald's. Starting with a hellcannon is nice though, especially since the Kraka Drak dwarves like to always come pay a visit at some point.

That said Chaos is very, very dull and I don't recommend it until WH3.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Probably still relevant. Also easier, Grimgor can dumpster the Dwarves, Vampires can dumpster the Empire and Moulder at least have Thrott to give their one desperation stack if things go bad a fighting chance.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It's pretty insane that CA introduced a faction then neglected it for half a decade just because of some time in the future they were gonna flesh them out more. They should have been making chaos undivided this entire time and only worked on the marked chaos factions for WH3.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

RoyalScion posted:

That said Chaos is very, very dull and I don't recommend it until WH3.

In the sense of their roster variety, maybe. Chaos campaigns can be pretty harrowing, though. Like the beastmen before the patch, there’s often a feeling of always being hunted and always being one misstep from disaster. Replenishment isn’t as problematic for chaos armies, but they can’t hide and they can’t teleport. I would never play a chaos game to the end or anything, but I’ve always had a good time in the opening stages of a campaign.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Arghy posted:

It's pretty insane that CA introduced a faction then neglected it for half a decade just because of some time in the future they were gonna flesh them out more. They should have been making chaos undivided this entire time and only worked on the marked chaos factions for WH3.

yeah they really havent released enough content

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

punishedkissinger posted:

yeah they really havent released enough content
Yeah its unfortunate they released the game 5 years ago and havent done anything to improve it since.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So Reddit has convinced itself that WH3 is going to get delayed until next year, and that's why we're not hearing anything about it this week. Ignoring the fact that CA usually gives releases a week to simmer before they start marketing the next thingy, of course.

Meanwhile, CATHAY PLEASE BE AWESOME. I was one of those idiots that hoped against hope that CA would go nuts and include Cathay, and I'm glad they did, but now I want them to get loving WEIRD with that poo poo.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

Gonkish posted:

So Reddit has convinced itself that WH3 is going to get delayed until next year, and that's why we're not hearing anything about it this week. Ignoring the fact that CA usually gives releases a week to simmer before they start marketing the next thingy, of course.

Meanwhile, CATHAY PLEASE BE AWESOME. I was one of those idiots that hoped against hope that CA would go nuts and include Cathay, and I'm glad they did, but now I want them to get loving WEIRD with that poo poo.

I'm totally on board with constantly increasing warhammer weirdness in 3 and beyond, honestly. It's a win for everybody, imo. If you like playing the bizarre supernatural factions, your needs are met. If you're a dedicated Franz fanboy or Dorflord, you get newer and weirder things to shoot in the face with cannons, and it is an absolute truth that fighting off weirdo monstrosities with gunpowder and steel is the best form of glee those factions offer. Firing a line of artillery into massed infantry is really fun, but shooting a T-Rex or sniping a weeaboo samurai lord riding a Kirin in mid-flight is the pinnacle of imperial glory imo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The big strength of total warhams is definitely that I can just fight anyone from any of the other total war games against anyone else and also the entire monster manual at the same time.

Really cannot imagine going back ot historical total war ever again.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arghy posted:

On tabletop they had a chance of rampaging into melee.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

The big strength of total warhams is definitely that I can just fight anyone from any of the other total war games against anyone else and also the entire monster manual at the same time.

Really cannot imagine going back ot historical total war ever again.

Yeah i don't think i could ever go back to humans with swords fighting humans with spears. If they want to do that they should take one of the many low magic fantasy settings and make a game out of that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would like if the empire got actual pikes though, and also maybe the gunpowder tactics from Empire.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 9, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Is there a way to, I dunno, cloud save which campaign movies I’ve unlocked? So my completionist itch stays scratched if I play this on another computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
banging on table

Pike and Shot!
Pike and Shot!
Pike! and Shot!
Pike and Shot!