Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ingraham: Now you KNOW that I do not support slavery.

Guest: [nods]

Ingraham: And you know that we here at Fox are not racist white supremacists.

Guest: True, true.

Ingraham: BUT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Tipps posted:

A long :lol: in time for dinner:

After trying multiple insurers and brokers, Romundt began to realise that the cruise ship industry was, as he put it, “plagued by over-regulation”. (Along with airlines and nuclear power, according to Harris, it’s in “the top three”.)

Airlines are loving "over regulated?" Are you loving kidding me?
Motherfucker, this vehicle is holding 300+ people and is careening through the sky and if ANYTHING goes wrong up there they all die 100%. Of loving course there's regulations to hell and back. Airplanes are always paperwork hell because PEOPLE DIE if anyone so much as glances at a shortcut.

My dad worked as an airline mechanic for 30 years. He was an amazing mechanic, rule follower and all, and he described his work as 50% paperwork. That paperwork would then get transferred to a massive office building with hundreds of office workers that sort the rest of the poo poo from there.

In recent years, though, the airline industry has been relying more and more on cheap 3rd party mechanic work. The process goes like this; airline gets a cheap deal for maintanance work, it gets "done," the plane comes back to the real in-house mechanics to check the work, and they find a whole bunch of botched work that needs comepletely redone which makes the plane massively behind schedule. Stuff like misaligned rivit holes and straight up missing bolts, mismeasurements and the like. Real horrific poo poo.

Oh, and does the airline save money in the end? Nope. The planes coming back routinely need things redone, needing basically taking apart the whole plane and resulting in the whole 3rd party being a massive waste of time and money. But for whatever reason, the executives up high love it enough to continue doing it for a decade+.

What states are these 3rd party maintenance repairs happening from? Texas and Alabama, from what I've heard.

(This is all poo poo I hear from my dad. He's retired now.)

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 9, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SocketWrench posted:

I mean in the long run at least they're consistent.
"I'd rather fly deregulated air that crashes hundreds of times"
"I'd rather take horse paste that destroys my rear end, blinds me, then destroys my liver"

Don’t let horse paste destroy your rear end.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Let me do it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Woah

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

lol, cry more bitch

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1435733179680296965?s=20

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Keith Atherton posted:

My neighborhood Seattle bar has required vax cards and matching ID and masks for over a month now. I witnessed two meltdowns by “MA FREEDOMS!” shitheads both with “gently caress YOU!” shouted at the bartender in the first week

Also groups of 20 something assholes where some will get in and then give their vax cards to their friends waiting to get checked

When we were younger you needed black dress shoes to get into any decent pub for some idiot reason, so if someone forgot we'd have to smuggle the same pair out and back in a few times to get everyone in. Would have been easier and quicker and hardly any work to just to get our own shoes. Same energy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

What is he talking about? Didn't the Trump administration completely gut leftist people from all over the government?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Outrail posted:

What is he talking about? Didn't the Trump administration completely gut leftist people from all over the government?

not sure if the climate scientists were radicalized by the time they got canned but ok.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

lol these baby children upset they're being denied honours they never earned to begin with.

thanks for the last 3 years of trying to normalize spicer, mainstream media. he was a fascist at the start and still is.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Reminds me of Hayden when Obama kicked his rear end to the curb. "THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POSITION" which is really just their way of saying Republicans wouldn't fire me for being a fascist so how dare you!

As a bonus, here is Hayden lmao. This is the guy that felt it was okay to spy on every US citizen because we might catch some terrorists and criminals if we do. Also got mad at Obama for releasing to the public the fact that we torture people in guantanamo
https://twitter.com/GenMhayden/status/1269354151038812163

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
real talk I think maybe camps where you could be educated might be an ok idea

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Remember when he got a whole bunch of people to vote for him on Dancing with the Stars? People who otherwise wouldn't have cared except to OWN THE LIBS. Also he sucked rear end at the actual dancing part and all the judges kept saying so but he kept moving on anyway :lol:

I think there's a metaphor in here somewhere about our world.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

old beast lunatic posted:

not sure if the climate scientists were radicalized by the time they got canned but ok.

I'd be shocked if the past few years haven't at least partially radicalized a large number of otherwise politically disinterested climate scientists.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Sean Milder, Party Liaison

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Frank Frank posted:

Lol they were broken loooong before the pandemic. They don’t need other people, what they need is validation of their lovely worldview

They’re like the broken people of Germany after World War One except no real suffering the only commonality is not wanting to accept any responsibility and eating weird drugs with terrible Sid effects

Lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Derpies posted:

eating weird drugs with terrible Sid effects

That was an actual horse, not horse drugs.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Nocheez posted:

This must be where the term "getting your rocks off" comes from.

quote:

On Mars, NASA’s Perseverance Rover Drilled the Rocks It Came For

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/02/science/mars-rover-rocks.html

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Saw this coming a mile away. If I recall this is also highly illegal so I expect to see her in court.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Apparently Biden administration is suing Texas over the abortion bounty law. They're gonna turn it into a states rights issue to wrap more chuds up on this idiocy.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Chilling stuff.

The grave, at 18 years old.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

this reminded me of an incident from last year so i went to look up what happened...

last year in Aug 2020, a woman, debra hunter, was caught on video coughing on another woman, heather sprague, who at the time was being treated for brain cancer. video went viral, the woman with cancer filed charges and the woman was arrested and was taken to court.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...37-e88a68a1871b

quote:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — "My kids should not have to pay the price for my mistake."

Citing thousands of text messages, emails, social media postings and "even hand-delivered letters," the woman now widely known as "the Pier 1 cougher" asked a judge to consider the backlash she has endured since the June incident.

Debra Hunter said her children "continue to suffer indignities caused by my mistake [...] embarrassed, chastised and mocked by both their peers as well as adults. Each of my three children have lost nearly every friend they had."

first off. it is hosed up to harass the kids. you can't really do anything about their peers shunning them but if you're an adult and you went to harass her kids.. yeah you're not any better.

but i have no sympathy for the mother.

quote:

In a three-page letter to Duval County Judge Ruth, Hunter said she was not seeking "mercy" but instead wanted him to understand what led up to the incident and the intensity of the backlash she and her family endured.

She said the family underwent a series of traumatic events in the months prior, including a near fatal boat accident and a house fire that destroyed their home and most of their belongings.

"My daughter was alarmed when she noticed a stranger recording the three of us with her phone. Admittedly I was immediately infuriated and demanded this customer to stop filming my kids. In the heat of the moment, I over reacted in an over protective manner which ultimately led to my retaliation on this stranger, the victim. And that highly regrettable, split second, knee jerk reaction has cost my family dearly."

quote:

Hunter, though contrite, alluded to this in her own letter to the judge, saying, "I often wonder what it would be like if every one of us, as the flawed human beings we are, had their worst moments reduced to a short video for all the world to see and judge."

Hunter's next sentence hearing is scheduled next month.
i have done some stupid things probably.. but i don't think any that mounted to simple assault. like it's one thing if you just yelled at the woman or whatever.. but you purposely coughed on her.

keep in mind she was caught on camera because she was screaming at employees at pier 1, which is why the woman started filming. like in her statement she doesn't explain why a woman was recording her.. (because you were being an rear end in a top hat).

the victim, the one with brain cancer, testified in the virtual court hearing that the woman debra hunter, was yelling/bullying employees at pier 1 for at least 15 minutes before she started recording... it had been going on longer because when she was walking in the woman was already yelling.

why was she yelling at pier 1 employees? because she had come to the store to return an item... except she didn't have the item she only had a photo of the item on her phone. apparently all that stress made her forget how "ITEM RETURNS" work. the woman yelling also said that her daughter told her about the woman filming.. while the filmer testified that she became the target when the woman noticed her filming.

anyways. she got 30 days in jail. $500 fine, 1 year probation and was ordered to pay the other woman's covid-19 test.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

You know, as funny as it is, I fear that Ivermectin-related self sterilization won't meaningfully cull chuddiness from the gene pool.

Everyone into it is either old as gently caress and already has kids who are crushingly embarrassed by them, or are so utterly unfuckable their own crusty gym socks tell them "not tonight honey, I have a headache" so it doesn't affect their reproductive success anyway.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Meme Poker Party posted:

That was an actual horse, not horse drugs.

Lol what a typo

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Asterite34 posted:

You know, as funny as it is, I fear that Ivermectin-related self sterilization won't meaningfully cull chuddiness from the gene pool.

Everyone into it is either old as gently caress and already has kids who are crushingly embarrassed by them, or are so utterly unfuckable their own crusty gym socks tell them "not tonight honey, I have a headache" so it doesn't affect their reproductive success anyway.

Granted, I didn’t read the whole study but a lot of things can damage sperm production and then a month or two later be fine. So I wonder how long the effects of horse paste last but I’d be shocked if it was for life.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Asterite34 posted:

There are tons more chuds raised in Fox News than I’m comfortable with. Was at an out door wedding party last weekend and the brides family had a ton of chuds talking about how to counterfeit vaccine cards and that vaccine receivers really spread the Covid, and they were all mid 30s with 4-5 kids already.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Little bit of googling tells me that Sean Spicer is a currently-serving officer in the Naval Reserve.

He’s outraged that someone would denigrate his service as one of are troops, and he’s also a reserve Noble who is a loving “public affairs officer”

The man who lied with his very first breath as WH Press Sec is a serving PAO with the United States Navy

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

remember trunks plan to buy up a bunch of Motel 6s and other lovely chain hotels in red states and put his stupid name on them

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Saw this coming a mile away. If I recall this is also highly illegal so I expect to see her in court.
I tots followed up on the last case itt because the aftermath was really funny too and you could watch the whole thing on zoom court.

Some white lady demanding a refund for an item she didn't have by showing employees a picture of the item on her phone while throwing a fit and refusing to wear a mask. Cancer patient who was shopping while listening to this mad woman berate employees got in line behind her, was coughed on by the violently anti-mask karen. As a defendant she could have gotten off with community service and a fine, but she couldn't shut the gently caress up about her, her, HER. So the judge gave her 30 days in jail and she missed her sons graduation as a result. Judge explicitly mentioned her unapologetic appeal as the reason he was recommending that she serve time.

e;f;b but again, she got the jail time because she was an unapologetic oval office that complained about how people hated her now instead of, y'know, apologizing. Judge gave her jail time because of that

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Thedonald.win is losing their poo poo over this

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1435686649099325445?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 9, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lol that the "biberty butual" guy is harmful to the image of white people.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

remember trunks plan to buy up a bunch of Motel 6s and other lovely chain hotels in red states and put his stupid name on them

Sorry I think that’s the plot to Schitts Creek

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1435734815823826952?s=19

I just can't stop thinking about this. It's a level beyond parody. He has to be in the post-horsepaste brain fog at this point. Why does he think a general famous for losing a civil war would be somehow successful in loving Afghanistan? I mean, "Considered by many Generals to be the greatest strategist of them all" is something a 1st grader would write.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Double-post, but I don’t give a gently caress.

Kelleyanne Conway and George Conway, who are for all intents and purposes the same person with the exact same loving goals, I predict their next move is a reality TV show.

“Growing up Conway” or “Conway Family Values” or some poo poo, where they try to parley their fake “She’s a radcon, he’s a Republican strategist gone rogue/libtard, and they have teenage children—- how can this possibly work?!?” loving shtick into millions of dollars

I do honestly feel sorry for Claudia the same way I feel sorry for the children of Josef and Magda Goebbels, but it doesn’t change the fact that I think they should all be completely shunned by society for all eternity.

If Claudia is really what she claims to be, she can rise up and avoid the publicity grave they are going to be buried in, that then gets pissed on 24/7.

Those TikTok videos she posted where her mudder screamed at her seem to show that she is a legitimately abused child, but the American Idol bullshit and the buildup to it really makes me wonder. She’s a child either way, so I hope she breaks the right way. She still has that option.

Kellyanne, on the other hand, is all out of options. gently caress this rear end in a top hat, obviously, but ESPECIALLY… gently caress her oval office of a husband who has never been doing anything other than working angles for maximum profit. George was all onboard the Trump Train until he wasn’t chosen for “Reichminister for Court-Friendly Approach to Facism” or some such post.

I’ve been around long enough and seen enough Trumpism that I know this ridiculous idea of Trumper/Trump-Hater couple thing simply doesn’t exist. They have all either divorced, murdered each other, or plan to divorce or murder each other and George’s shtick is now offensive, at best.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Donald.win sucks at math or has accepted all Latinos as white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

This crud trash wants equal demographic representation in tv commercials so what if we demand the same of Congress?