Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is this the thread where I can ask wrestling fans how to fix computer? Got a broken iMac over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

iMac? cant rly help you there.

o'Mac? well shoot son, what you do is hand that stupid sumbitch a beer, wait for him to sip, then BOOT THAT SORRY SAP IN THE GUT, WHAM STUNNER, NOW GIMME A HELL YEAH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just bought a new laptop

For me :getin:

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

STONE COLD 64 posted:

o'Mac? well shoot son, what you do is hand that stupid sumbitch a beer, wait for him to sip, then BOOT THAT SORRY SAP IN THE GUT, WHAM STUNNER, NOW GIMME A HELL YEAH

Perfect post/av combo right here. Set ‘em up, knock ‘em down.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Well my pc isn’t any loving faster fellows. I’m unscrewing all the poo poo again, and then I’m gonna jam it. Think if it’d be pretty “cool” to put together a community drive for me, should I gently caress up, so that I’ll have money to buy a New gaming PC AND MORE.

Google the keypresses (based on the laptop's model number) that'll let you run onboard diagnostics. Your symptoms could point to physical damage to the hard drive, and running this test should let you know if that's the case.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Fly Ricky posted:

Is this the thread where I can ask wrestling fans how to fix computer? Got a broken iMac over here.

Here comes the iMac militant.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My laptop isn't turning on, I've given it every version of the Canadian Destroyer I can think of, but I can't get a good enough grip on it to do a crossface. Any help?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I just got spotify on a free trial and all my devices are no selling the "no ads" feature. Someone help with a hot tag

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

imagining this post in N64 quality audio

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

I just got spotify on a free trial and all my devices are no selling the "no ads" feature. Someone help with a hot tag

Bah God, Spotify has turned on 1glitch0, not like this drat it!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can't vouch at all for the veracity, so believe at your own risk

https://twitter.com/MikeStrawMedia/status/1436008801644294145?s=20

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Davros1 posted:

Can't vouch at all for the veracity, so believe at your own risk

https://twitter.com/MikeStrawMedia/status/1436008801644294145?s=20

I mean that's cool and all but given the rate of talent releases you're just gonna be booking John Cena and the Undertaker every week just like the original GM Mode

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'd think if they DID bring back GM mode they'd have announced already. The games normally come out in October (this one's been delayed) so you'd think it'd be part of the build from the start if they decided to include it.

Then again, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I also likely won't be getting 2k22 unless it really hits it out of the park. I'm kinda burnt and done with the 2k games (cause even the good ones usually still suck)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Fly Ricky posted:

you’re in luck because a broken iMac can play the same amount of games as a working one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd think if they DID bring back GM mode they'd have announced already. The games normally come out in October (this one's been delayed) so you'd think it'd be part of the build from the start if they decided to include it.

Then again, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I also likely won't be getting 2k22 unless it really hits it out of the park. I'm kinda burnt and done with the 2k games (cause even the good ones usually still suck)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I mean I was kinda joking before but genuinely at the rate people are leaving WWE or getting released from WWE they're gonna have the smallest roster ever by the time 2k22 comes out, there's gonna be no point in a GM Mode when you've got like 10 people to choose from.

I guess that'd at least make it accurate to the real life show where they just book the same 10 people every week then.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Drakkel posted:

I mean I was kinda joking before but genuinely at the rate people are leaving WWE or getting released from WWE they're gonna have the smallest roster ever by the time 2k22 comes out, there's gonna be no point in a GM Mode when you've got like 10 people to choose from.

I guess that'd at least make it accurate to the real life show where they just book the same 10 people every week then.

Games do have the benefit of being able to pad the roster with legends, so they can fill out the roster that way.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

lol if you don't make your own whole roster with the CAW mode.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

additionally if there's a gm mode that might be a quiet way of sunsetting universe mode which has been basically the only appeal the wwe games have had for the last 11 years

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

What’s the point of playing if you’re not using an 8-foot, 600lb, tier 100 CAW who only does RKOs and spears covered in the glow effect on all the attire

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

for 2k14 i went and made a fake texas territory using the brahma bull belt and just made a bunch of texan sounding gimmicks and had all matches just be no dq brawls. it was fun. i should recreate it in fire pro but part of my hesitency to return to FPWW is im subscribed to so many abandoned and missing parts CAWs and the task of manually unsubbing from each one feels far too daunting. im thinking about just erasing everything...

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

for 2k14 i went and made a fake texas territory using the brahma bull belt and just made a bunch of texan sounding gimmicks and had all matches just be no dq brawls. it was fun. i should recreate it in fire pro but part of my hesitency to return to FPWW is im subscribed to so many abandoned and missing parts CAWs and the task of manually unsubbing from each one feels far too daunting. im thinking about just erasing everything...

I have my own rosters I made in the earlier days together with my brother dating back to Smackdown Just Bring It. Later in WWE 13 I started doing e-feds and had people submit characters to me.

But yeah, if you're fire pro save has become kind of bloated and has some dead stuff too it's best to start fresh with only the stuff you know you'll need. It's a lesson I had to learn too because having a million comic book and cartoon/anime characters next to 1000 wrestlers from all promotions I pretty much never used caused my game to crash once I loaded mods in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I did the same thing with my CAWs in WWE games, to the point I was wishing the Smackdown games were like the AKI games and you could completely edit the look and attires of the in-game wrestlers. This game has 6 Daniel Bryans? Let me edit 5 of them into original characters. I'm never going to play as Velveteen Dream or Lars Sullivan, let me edit them into characters I would play as.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

I did the same thing with my CAWs in WWE games, to the point I was wishing the Smackdown games were like the AKI games and you could completely edit the look and attires of the in-game wrestlers. This game has 6 Daniel Bryans? Let me edit 5 of them into original characters. I'm never going to play as Velveteen Dream or Lars Sullivan, let me edit them into characters I would play as.

That just reminded me of how the 2K games made alternate attires for existing wrestlers take up CAW slots so why would you ever do it. All the weird artificial limitations they put on how much custom content you could have was so frustrating even in the Good games.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its frustrating how much they block you from having fun

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Drakkel posted:

That just reminded me of how the 2K games made alternate attires for existing wrestlers take up CAW slots so why would you ever do it. All the weird artificial limitations they put on how much custom content you could have was so frustrating even in the Good games.

I switched from a PS3 to a PS4. One the PS3 they gave you the option of at least being able to change the colors on a wrestler's attire without it taking up a CAW slot. It was a small thing, but did keep things a little fresh, especially if they put them in a color you didn't like.

On the PS4, even doing something as minor as that now takes up a CAW slot.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Alternate attires being full separate characters always was such a stupid thing. It looks so bad to have characters named like “Sting ‘98” or “The Rock ‘01” instead of just being able to switch to different outfits.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It makes sense when characters change their style in a significatway over time. But more often than not this is not the case.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Dacap posted:

Alternate attires being full separate characters always was such a stupid thing. It looks so bad to have characters named like “Sting ‘98” or “The Rock ‘01” instead of just being able to switch to different outfits.

I mean, if you're going to name them that in the character selection, fine, whatever. But having it show up in their info box during the match (and their intro graphic, I think?!) is absurd and would be so easy to fix.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also having hard limits on custom images which is separate from the file size limitation, which leads to scenarios where you can have plenty storage space but WHOOPS can't download a new CAW cause whoever made the last one you downloaded decided they had to make each nipple its own custom image and that put you at the completely arbitrary 1,000 image limit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you need those custom nips tho

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I downloaded Kenny Omega on 2k18 and not only did both nipples have a separate image but his abs were broken up into multiple images too.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

I downloaded Kenny Omega on 2k18 and not only did both nipples have a separate image but his abs were broken up into multiple images too.

How else could you ensure those were truly, genuine-article Kenny Omega nipples that you would definitely see all the time in the video game?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Drakkel posted:

How else could you ensure those were truly, genuine-article Kenny Omega nipples that you would definitely see all the time in the video game?

The uploader personally ensured me that their caw was the only way to get legit kenny omega titty with the genuine kenny nip experience.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the aki style 4 costume per wrestler was perfect only made better by modders incresing the limit past 4.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

the aki style 4 costume per wrestler was perfect only made better by modders incresing the limit past 4.

And the fact that each "costume" could have its own individual name, so you could conceivably have 4 times the roster (albeit they would have the same moves/entrance).

My friends and I would do that on the No Mercy cartridge we used for game nights.

We started out by "drafting" a roster for each friend, and then those friends could edit any of the wrestlers to their hearts content. I remember Bull Buchanan doing a uranage and a scissor kick, so one friend edited an attire to be Booker T.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

disaster pastor posted:

I mean, if you're going to name them that in the character selection, fine, whatever. But having it show up in their info box during the match (and their intro graphic, I think?!) is absurd and would be so easy to fix.

I’m remembering a title belt that said Ric Flair ‘78 on it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
charlotte flair having like 9 different models in 2k20 and none of them having anything else different besides her attire was so bad

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What’s the problem. Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

IGgy IGsen posted:

The uploader personally ensured me that their caw was the only way to get legit kenny omega titty with the genuine kenny nip experience.

Kennip Omega