Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I was doodling around on youtube and I found the rick diggins stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysxG9P-L3BA

and here's the animated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnylOrzi_Kw

It's wonderful. Can't wait for more of them to come.

Also The Seven starts tomorrow!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If anyone wants merch the drop out door is having a clearing house sale before they relaunch with the new partner.

https://store.dropout.tv/

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
The Seven is out, and I really enjoyed it!

Love the look into all the family lives we've got. It's fleshed out the town of Elmville a lot.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

If you look closely at the updated map they posted, the police station is on fire. Apparently Bud Cubby has been busy.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I wish it was like an hour longer.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Does The Seven build on the earlier Fantasy High content? Cause I've yet to watch either season of it beyond the first episode. I should get around to it, but I just skipped to other seasons that looked more fun instead, honestly.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

tsob posted:

Does The Seven build on the earlier Fantasy High content? Cause I've yet to watch either season of it beyond the first episode. I should get around to it, but I just skipped to other seasons that looked more fun instead, honestly.

Yes directly. Like the characters in this are from the first season story. Also fantasy high is great.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

tsob posted:

Yeah, definitely. All the PCs are NPCs from the previous seasons who've been... involved in the plot.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Yes directly. Like the characters in this are from the first season story. Also fantasy high is great.

…so if you’re like me and you’ve ONLY seen S1 of Fantasy High, does it make sense to watch? I feel like I’ll get around to S2 eventually but I ain’t seen it yet. Should I watch that first, or would I be able to enjoy this season with my S1 knowledge alone?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

…so if you’re like me and you’ve ONLY seen S1 of Fantasy High, does it make sense to watch? I feel like I’ll get around to S2 eventually but I ain’t seen it yet. Should I watch that first, or would I be able to enjoy this season with my S1 knowledge alone?

looks to be much more connected with Season 1 than 2

it directly picks up where season 1 lets off with these characters, while in s2 most of the references are just that they're now a successful adventuring party that Zelda is off doing things with while Zac's character is off doing things with his party

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

timp posted:

Episode 1 at least has zero S2 knowledge required. I think the series is supposed to be designed to watch without knowing the background stuff although I don't know if it'll retroactively spoil those seasons. Like obviously this has spoilers for S1.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I live for those Amy Vorpahl Breaking News segments

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

wokow6 posted:

The Seven is out, and I really enjoyed it!

Love the look into all the family lives we've got. It's fleshed out the town of Elmville a lot.

I agree. This was great. However...

I wish it was like an hour longer.

....I agree with this too. It would have been nice to see them get past introductions at some point in the episode.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Looks like Trapp is making content for the new Cracked relaunch, is this going to mean anything for his Dropout content?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

grate deceiver posted:

I live for those Amy Vorpahl Breaking News segments

I just watched the latest episode, and they're just setting Amy up at this point to take advantage of the fact she's so bad at keeping a straight face really aren't they? They gave her several improv prompts, and in the end she more than doubled her previous record while everyone else was barely on the board. It was fun, but it was also feeding the bit too hard and I don't know that it'd really work again making it so obvious they just want to see how hard they can push her to crack.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Having seen episode 2 of the Seven, it might be my favorite Dimension 20 yet. Everyone is loving killing it, and the chemistry is amazing. The fact that they're all seasoned D&D players helps sell the way they carry themselves as a party: they know how to work together and they know exactly how loving deadly they are.

I think the plot's a little weak, but I suspect some of that was the PCs going wildly off the rails -- good on Brennan for rolling with Sam casting offensive magic on the loving 20th level Wizard Principal of their high school

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I think it's a bit early to say there's a weak plot. It seems to be still stuck in the setup, which can be fine. I think next episode will see things start to ramp up more. I love it all so far.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Xand_Man posted:

I think the plot's a little weak, but I suspect some of that was the PCs going wildly off the rails -- good on Brennan for rolling with Sam casting offensive magic on the loving 20th level Wizard Principal of their high school

I liked how much room he gave them to really direct the story and explore character moments that I think you would lose in a more DM directed campaign. It was definitely more character than narrative but I think in a good way.

I also think with Sam attacking the principal Brennan accidentally set up something that will pay off well later. He could have had the spell be dismissed or fought it but instead just let the party have one over on a powerful character. Then later when the detect thoughts spell was detected by the curator he didn't say anything and just let them carry on thinking that they'd got one over on someone again. I'm sure that will come up later and it's a great set-up

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

ghosthorse posted:

Then later when the detect thoughts spell was detected by the curator he didn't say anything and just let them carry on thinking that they'd got one over on someone again. I'm sure that will come up later and it's a great set-up

I am so psyched for when the other shoe drops on this

Also LOL at Rehka calling him a sneaky little bitch when she realizes he's not going to tell them

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 2, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

New animation is up yesterday. Kinda prefer the first one more. I get why they did but I think they're better when they don't animate the cast. I love Ally.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao erika's single-round reveal of her absolutely nuts summoner build is fantastic

eke out fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 2, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

:honk:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

"Geese with the stats of raptors" is a phrase that should strike terror in any DM's heart

I love that the majority of the combat so far has just been Erika and Aabria loving styling on the Big Bads

And that correct response to a flock of geese if you're a terrifying abomination is "gently caress this; teleport away"

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 3, 2021

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Breaking News...poor Sam.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Breaking News...poor Sam.

My -god-.

That was up there with True Facts About Grant Anthony O'Brien levels of incredible.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

OmniBeer posted:

My -god-.

That was up there with True Facts About Grant Anthony O'Brien levels of incredible.

Grant has his revenge at last!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

That was some loosey goosey stuff. I love Rehka.

This is kind of a weird ask but does anyone know if there's a thread for LA by night. I started watching it recently and I really like it and I just saw that Brennan is going to be in the new season at least a little bit.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Sep 9, 2021

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

That was some loosey goosey stuff. I love Rehka.

This is kind of a weird ask but does anyone know if there's a thread for LA by night. I started watching it recently and I really like it and I just saw that Brennan is going to be in the new season at least a little bit.

The Actual Play thread, probably.

Personally, I must admit out of the two Jason Carl games I watched I prefer Seattle by Night. LAbN is goth theater kids very earnestly pretending to be vampires, SbN is a good home group having fun with a great GM. But they're both good.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Megazver posted:

The Actual Play thread, probably.

Personally, I must admit out of the two Jason Carl games I watched I prefer Seattle by Night. LAbN is goth theater kids very earnestly pretending to be vampires, SbN is a good home group having fun with a great GM. But they're both good.

I didn't know there was another one :D I just found labn because of Erika and it popped up on my youtubes. I'll check it out. Jason is a great storyteller.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I didn't know there was another one :D I just found labn because of Erika and it popped up on my youtubes. I'll check it out. Jason is a great storyteller.

There is a lot of cross-pollination of players and podcasts in that scene, yeah. I found quite a few new shows just by googling what else a player/GM I liked was in.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7007206483683233030

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

They put up the first episode of the seven for anyone who isn't on dropout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_LkwjqQ_mo

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

The latest episode of the Seven has one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen

Quite frankly there is no way I can spoil it and do it justice; it's a glorious loving train wreck and at least 3 players were completely incapacitated with laughter

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 27, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

This latest season has been absolutely off the rails, it might be my favourite to date?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

fancy stats posted:

This latest season has been absolutely off the rails, it might be my favourite to date?

I love it

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Xand_Man posted:

The latest episode of the Seven has one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen

Quite frankly there is no way I can spoil it and do it justice; it's a glorious loving train wreck and at least 3 players were completely incapacitated with laughter

And yet it had huge character implications, with one character getting life changing news at the same time the rest of the cast is doubled over with laughter. It's a good episode.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

seaborgium posted:

And yet it had huge character implications, with one character getting life changing news at the same time the rest of the cast is doubled over with laughter. It's a good episode.

I highly recommend the Adventuring Party for this episode; they spend the first 10m heaping praise onto Becca Scott for this reason. She did an amazing job hitting that serious note and that's part of what made it so hilarious, or as Aabria put it, "You came alive ... you nasty bitch."

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 30, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Why was this half an episode!!!!!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
loving Druids, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The latest Breaking News was pretty terrible for the first half, with very dry jokes that literally no-one cracked a laugh at, but it redeemed itself in the second half; through Katie's acting, with Sam breaking script to ask if she was crying as she riffed a sad story to fill in the blanks, followed by Brennan getting very animated trying to be sexy in his segment and Sam just becoming increasingly desperate to actually remember where he first met everyone, but wrong on every single count.

I know Katie was a child actress going off other stuff said at times in various shows on Dropout, but drat, it shows. She ran with her bit really easily, and despite being comically silly on it's face (I've already met "the audience" at a theme park years ago), she still managed to make it come across achingly sad in it's silliness. It feels like Grant was trying to rile Brennan up at a few points at the start with all the things he had people saying were over-rated too. Or else like he was taking a shot to see if it'd rile someone and Brennan was the closest to taking a bite, because when Sam was talking about the Muppets and cats being over-rated Brennan looked like he was having to bite his lip to keep himself under control.