Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Best revised Adam Cole names?

Widdle Adam
Adam Minor/Miner
Lil Addie
Adam “Shortcrust” Breadstick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Adam. Just Adam.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adam Ant

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

hey! no one manhandles the bosom chum of Keith Lee! spring forth, burly protector, and save me! [Keith Lee loses to Omos in two and a half minutes]

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wait what is this? From Beyond The Mat after the Montreal Screwjob?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eat My Fuc posted:

I can’t properly explain the feeling but all the glee and happiness over tragedy just makes me sad. Dynamite will cheer me up but I know all of you are nicer people than this, not to be judgy, I get it on one level for sure, personally in this moment it makes me feel weird and bad to read it, but like anything upsetting online the sole responsibility is on me to just walk away just close my eyes like that tyler the creator tweet.

Yeah I think I know what you mean. It's kinda hosed up to delight in someone undergoing serious, possibly deadly poo poo, just because they didn't do an amazing job running a wrestling federation and were a selfish performer.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s a very rich bad man. You can find happiness that his lovely decisions in life that have effected a lot of people have had some minor consequences. Do not under any circumstances feel any empathy for rich people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
You're too short to wrestle

Youre a chicken poo poo heel manager

This is your ceiling

We're also changing your name.

Also you cant use your twitch anymore.

This is our final offer and we tell you it's the best offer you're going to get from anyone.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1435911578939953152

This has gotta be Triple H’s worst year professionally since, like, 1996 right.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Atom

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HidaO-Win posted:

Best revised Adam Cole names?

Widdle Adam
Adam Minor/Miner
Lil Addie
Adam “Shortcrust” Breadstick

Adam Lee. Commentary keeps talking about how much he fucks up in the ring.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I believe so. I've never actually seen BTM, but AEPodcast recently did Survivor Series 97 and they talked about how Julie Hart tore into HHH backstage and he stood there looking like a scolded schoolboy.

Kefin may have a bad recollection of most things, but that clip definitely fits his description.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope loser Hunter's having a miserable day, personally

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

You're too short to wrestle

Youre a chicken poo poo heel manager

This is your ceiling

We're also changing your name.

Also you cant use your twitch anymore.

This is our final offer and we tell you it's the best offer you're going to get from anyone.

Get this though: people in the company said the meeting with Vince went well :lol:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Get this though: people in the company said the meeting with Vince went well :lol:

It probably did, because I'm sure Cole was like "understood, and no hard feelings, but I'd rather wrestle and I'm going to go where I can do that." And Vince, who didn't want Cole wrestling on his show, probably shook his hand and wished him well with that.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Seams posted:

the funniest part of this is AEW being on record saying they'd work with WWE in a heartbeat if they were open to a mutual relationship. Vince's desire to control and own everything in wrestling is WWE's biggest weakness

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1435632113030778884?s=20

A ringing endorsement for anyone who is considering a WWE contract!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

disaster pastor posted:

It probably did, because I'm sure Cole was like "understood, and no hard feelings, but I'd rather wrestle and I'm going to go where I can do that." And Vince, who didn't want Cole wrestling on his show, probably shook his hand and wished him well with that.

They probably kissed too

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They probably kissed too

We can hope! :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

skaboomizzy posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1435632113030778884?s=20

A ringing endorsement for anyone who is considering a WWE contract!

Great news, Tony Nese! WWE also can't wait for you to not wrestle!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Adam. Just Adam.

Worked out great for Joe E Legend!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They probably kissed too

Vince isn't even in the Elite

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Great news, Tony Nese! WWE also can't wait for you to not wrestle!

Yeah 205 already moved on to *checks Cagematch* booking Xyon Quinn instead

Definitely a real name

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Xyon sounds like a generic antidepressant

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Xyon sounds like a generic antidepressant

Stop taking xyonquin if you're pregnant or may become pregnant. If you lose sensation in your extremities while on xyonquin, talk to your doctor, as this may be a symptom of a rare but life-threatening condition.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

If that offer ever actually reached New Japan I have to imagine Sugabayashi and Gedo taking one look at the paper and then just laughing their asses off for like five minutes straight.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Imagine WWE trying to sell NJPW on the Miz.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

It's from Wrestling With Shadows.

Beyond The Mat didn't feature the Montreal Screwjob as it was filmed years afterwards.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was Vince under the impression that what he allowed to be filmed for Beyond the Mat was going to make them look good?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was Vince under the impression that what he allowed to be filmed for Beyond the Mat was going to make them look good?

I'm sure in Vince's mind everyone respects him and would never deign to tarnish his name.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

"HE'S GONNA....HE'S GONNA PUKE!"

I still can't believe they actually allowed them to film that meeting, let alone it be in the final film.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's my point. I feel like it wasn't until after it came out and people reacted with shock and disgust that he started to distance himself and the company.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm curious what kind of genetic heart condition doesn't show up until your 60s after decades of athletics. Usually high schoolers drop dead on the court/field from unknown heart defects. This guy must have great genes.

The Gene of Genes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

That's my point. I feel like it wasn't until after it came out and people reacted with shock and disgust that he started to distance himself and the company.

It's important to remember that WWE beat WCW because of WCW's idiocy rather than WWE being a genius creative force.

What I'm saying is that Vince is a loving idiot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

The Gene of Genes.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Paul Pitations

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Remember Evolution?

Not only was the Reign of Terror poo poo because Trips wouldn't put anyone over, dude was so banged up he couldn't work out anymore so he got a beer gut and his matches went 2 mph.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Will be impressive if the Vince-ified NXT can manage to do better than Loser Hunter's.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1435975376816250881

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Imagine WWE trying to sell NJPW on the Miz.

I want nothing more from than this world than to see Miz wrestle Ishii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am still genuinely shocked by their pitch to Adam Cole.

"We're gonna rename you to Chugs Bingbong because we're afraid that the WWE universe can't distinguish between two people named Cole and put you as the manager to a dude we don't care about who might legitimately die in a wrestling ring because of health complications he acquired while working for us. It'll be just like Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush! Where's Lio Rush, you ask? Oh, don't worry about it. Also you can't stream on Twitch anymore."