Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just made a Sit/Start thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978839

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1435746602883461125

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cool cool, worth giving Justin Jackson a look?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Maybe later than Wednesday. Let's just see how the week shakes out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RBs! We have the meat!
QB: Jalen Hurts, Trey Lance
RB: Harris, Monty, JRob, Gaskin, Carter
WR: Devante Adams, DeVonta Smith, Sutton, Mooney, Callaway, Bryan Edwards, Snagholor (cut bait)
TE: Hockenson
Def: Baltimore
K: no one cares

This was my first time drafting with this work league. 12 team league. 1 point per 50 passing yards but 6 points for a passing TD, PPR, otherwise normal scoring. QBs went quick and I missed out on all the QBs I wanted so I'm gambling on Hurts + DeVonta but otherwise I'm really happy with the team. Only reason I have Lance is because the bench is so big and Hurts is a gamble.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 9, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Second money draft down, full PPR, 12 team league, 4 player bench. Feeling all right about it, but those 12 team drafts feel so sparse.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Austin Ekeler
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Stefan Diggs
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Kyle Pitts
FLEX: Miles Gaskin
D/ST: Rams
K: Matt Gay
BE: Deebo Samuel
BE: Jakobi Meyers
BE: Nyheim Hines
BE: Darnell Mooney

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

Second money draft down, full PPR, 12 team league, 4 player bench. Feeling all right about it, but those 12 team drafts feel so sparse.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Austin Ekeler
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Stefan Diggs
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Kyle Pitts
FLEX: Miles Gaskin
D/ST: Rams
K: Matt Gay
BE: Deebo Samuel
BE: Jakobi Meyers
BE: Nyheim Hines
BE: Darnell Mooney

Hey a fellow Gay, Meyers, Hines, and Mooney owner!

Looks good. I avoid getting Seahawks because every time I do they immediately get injured

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ignore all Wednesday practice reports for Sunday and Monday games.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Keith Atherton posted:

Hey a fellow Gay, Meyers, Hines, and Mooney owner!

Looks good. I avoid getting Seahawks because every time I do they immediately get injured

Yeah I usually try not to draft players I'm rooting for, but Carson and Lockett made a lot of sense where I drafted them. Probably should have taken someone else in Lockett's tier to diversify. Maybe I'll snag a trade if he goes off.

The real pick I'm not sure about is Pitts. It's higher than I was hoping to get a TE and I don't trust rookie TEs at all, but the value vs ADP was good and I didn't trust my ability to get a good sleeper TE in a 12 teamer. May try to move him early if I can get someone to bite on the hype.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
2qb league, 6 pt passing tds, 1 ppr. I feel like I really cocked this up. How bad is it goons?

QBs: Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff
RBs: CEH, Gus Edwards, Josh Jacobs, James Conner, TySon Williams
WRs: Justin Jefferson, Juju, Golladay, Rondale Moore
TE: Kelce

E: 12 team league

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 9, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

2qb league, 6 pt passing tds, 1 ppr. I feel like I really cocked this up. How bad is it goons?

If it’s a 10 team league that’s pretty rough. If it’s 12 it’s not horrible but probably not a contender unless you get some major hits from a few unlikely sources.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Ignore all Wednesday practice reports for Sunday and Monday games.

THIS SO HARD

Ek had some soreness in his calf so he said "hey let me work with the trainers so I play for sure"

Media: EK DIDN'T PRACTICE! ONE DOZEN TRAINERS EXAMINED HIM!!"

One Million People: SHOULD I TRADE EKELER FOR THREE GARBAGE PLAYERS??

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mikey Purp posted:

Hard to say not knowing the number of teams in your league

I wouldn’t want Jacobs or Conner on my team except for on the bench

Juju worries me as Roethlisberger might be done and he’s got Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool to compete with for catches. Golladay is already hurt and his QB is awful

I love Rondale Moore’s potential and Ty’son Williams too

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

E: 12 team league

I think this is fine. The only issue is depth at RB, but seeing you play FF for like 10 years I'm confident you can flip dudes to put you over.
Edit: unless this is like a 8 team league

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I hope this is the right place to ask:

I have an older family member who loves fantasy football but his usual league got canceled due to lack of players, which bummed him out a bit. I know the season kicks off today Is there any sort of site/league out there where he can maybe do weekly drafts or leagues?

I'm not too familiar with FF, just trying to find something for him to enjoy during these crazy times.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Hughmoris posted:

I hope this is the right place to ask:

I have an older family member who loves fantasy football but his usual league got canceled due to lack of players, which bummed him out a bit. I know the season kicks off today Is there any sort of site/league out there where he can maybe do weekly drafts or leagues?

I'm not too familiar with FF, just trying to find something for him to enjoy during these crazy times.

The main sites (espn, yahoo) have free public season long leagues he can join, where it is just him and random people. Typically they are not as competitive as real leagues with people you know since people are more likely to just vanish and not set their lineups, but they are there if you want to put together a team and have something to keep track of. I know yahoo also has a season long weekly football league that is free.

Edit: Found this for ESPN: https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/joinpublic The yahoo one wanted to drop me directly in a draft so no direct link, but it is available too.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 9, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CocoaNuts posted:

No, keep Fournette. That said, I avoided the Bucs' backfield because there's going to be too much of a committee for my liking.

lol I kinda have to play both Lenny and Jones tonight. I need someone to get hurt.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5 PPR, 12 teams, $100 FAAB waivers. SO I had a draft last night.

I waited and waited to snag a QB after everyone grabbed their first ones, figuring I could aim for the likes of Tannehill or Lawrence. NOPE! There was a second run on back up QBs, which started before way before I had a chance to react. Thus, Matt Ryan. This concerns me because his tier value is so dang low. I'm not sure if I should try to trade for another QB or hope someone better its the wire later.

I am considering offering up David Johnson or Robby Anderson for Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields. They're all owned by different guys and they also have incredibly strong starters. I am not sure if this trade is even possible right now, fresh off the draft. However, I'm favoring Trevor over the other two because the guy with Trevor autodrafted him. I hope he has regrets. I can also pick up Ty'Son Williams, Cole Beasley, or Crowder if I drop Ryan, after a successful trade.

So with all that said, what would you offer for Trevor Lawrence from my roster (I feel like David Johnson, maybe a couple FAAB bucks to sweeten the pot)? Or am I being crazy and Matt Ryan is actually fine??

My team

His team

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 9, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

3 DONG HORSE posted:

0.5 PPR, 12 teams, $100 FAAB waivers..SO I had a draft last night.

I waited and waited to snag a QB after everyone grabbed their first ones, figuring I could aim for the likes of Tannehill or Lawrence. NOPE! There was a second run on back up QBs, which started before way before I had a chance to react. Thus, Matt Ryan. This concerns me because his tier value is so dang low. I'm not sure if I should try to trade for another QB or hope someone better its the wire later.

I am considering offering up David Johnson or Robby Anderson for Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields. They're all owned by different guys and they also have incredibly strong starters. I am not sure if this trade is even possible right now, fresh off the draft. However, I'm favoring Trevor over the other two because the guy with Trevor autodrafted him. I hope he has regrets.

So with all that said, what would you offer for Trevor Lawrence from my roster (I feel like David Johnson, maybe a couple FAAB bucks to sweeten the pot)? Or would you go after Trey or Fields instead? Or am I being crazy and Matt Ryan is actually fine??

My team

His team

Matt Ryan is probably fine, will still be a pass first offense and Ridley and Pitts should still be good, not like Julio was contributing a ton the last few years with all of the injuries anyway. If you can do David Johnson who has no value for Lawrence that is probably also good, you will need a backup QB anyway at some point and might as well take one that has some upside. Anderson might be a bit much.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Pain of Mind posted:

The main sites (espn, yahoo) have free public season long leagues he can join, where it is just him and random people. Typically they are not as competitive as real leagues with people you know since people are more likely to just vanish and not set their lineups, but they are there if you want to put together a team and have something to keep track of. I know yahoo also has a season long weekly football league that is free.

Edit: Found this for ESPN: https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/joinpublic The yahoo one wanted to drop me directly in a draft so no direct link, but it is available too.

This is perfect, thank you!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Pain of Mind posted:

Matt Ryan is probably fine, will still be a pass first offense and Ridley and Pitts should still be good, not like Julio was contributing a ton the last few years with all of the injuries anyway. If you can do David Johnson who has no value for Lawrence that is probably also good, you will need a backup QB anyway at some point and might as well take one that has some upside. Anderson might be a bit much.

Fair. I am probably overthinking the relative values. Although I will say I am true believer in Johnson and I think he'll be a fine flex as long as he stays healthy. But then I also have way too many "value" shares of him as well, haha. :tinfoil:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Anyone else completely unable to use ESPN on browser? Really annoying!

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
After my second ever auction draft I’m still finding them hard to deal with. There is this cliff of player quality that keeps sneaking up on me as I let players go by which seem over priced. How aggressive should I be early on with the top tier players? How do people get a feel for when you need to bid up on people because there are only so many quality starting running backs in the league?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Hot Diggity! posted:

Anyone else completely unable to use ESPN on browser? Really annoying!

Not loading at all for me right now either.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey dynasty owners good morning

https://twitter.com/realbirdlawyer/status/1435959421557821459?s=21

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol cool

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

kiimo posted:

Hey dynasty owners good morning
This is poetry. Love when receivers say the hardest part is catching the ball.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 9, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I mean it's an honest answer but what was he practicing with for the past year?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sweeper posted:

After my second ever auction draft I’m still finding them hard to deal with. There is this cliff of player quality that keeps sneaking up on me as I let players go by which seem over priced. How aggressive should I be early on with the top tier players? How do people get a feel for when you need to bid up on people because there are only so many quality starting running backs in the league?

There isn't a right way to do but you should go in having an idea of what you want to do. I personally think that the being very aggressive for RB's early is usually good, especially this year even if you think you're overpaying.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've had the same philosophy in auctions every time where I'm going to budget my money this time.

Then every single auction I overspend for the guys I want and scramble to fill in my roster with 1 dollar guys in the end. I am always happy with my teams though. The worst thing that can happen is having money left over at the end, that's dying with money buried in the backyard and never spending it on experiences and trips

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean it's an honest answer but what was he practicing with for the past year?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Starting Steelers DST this week in a bad matchup @BUF. Any of these guys droppable in order to upgrade to the Chargers DST vs WAS this week? I don't normally roster two DST's but the Steelers are typically worth holding onto. We have extra-deep benches for covid if it makes any difference.

Elijah Moore
Tony Jones
Leveon Bell
Trey Lance
Chubba Hubbard (would otherwise drop but is handcuffed to my CMC)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is that dynasty? We don't even know when Trey Lance will play, is what I'm saying

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I would drop Bell in a heartbeat.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Drop Bell if it's dynasty, Lance if it's not

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If it's not dynasty drop Lance, if it's dynasty drop bell. Or drop bell either way

That hurts to type. I used to chase the Bell dragon hard.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mcmagic posted:

There isn't a right way to do but you should go in having an idea of what you want to do. I personally think that the being very aggressive for RB's early is usually good, especially this year even if you think you're overpaying.

Yeah, I use whatever auction values I can find and try out a few variations, like "spend big on Kelce," "get top tier RB1 and RB2," "minimize RB spending," etc, to get a feel for how the roster might shake out if I spend money in a particular way. Then the actual auction happens and values are different enough to mostly blow a hole in whatever strategy, but at least then I have some general feeling for how much I want to devote to each position.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

kiimo posted:

Is that dynasty? We don't even know when Trey Lance will play, is what I'm saying
Redraft. Lance is clearly the right answer but I'm finding it difficult to let go of my precious draft babies. Will drop him.

Bell I think actually might play some football for the Ravens.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Had an auction on NFL.com last night and their average prices were laughable. 50 for CMC, 40 for Adams, etc. Used that to my advantage a couple of times as people were hesitant to bypass the value, but they caught on quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sweeper posted:

This has evolved but I think Drunk Nerds developed the best beginner salary cap draft strategy a couple of years ago
https://footballabsurdity.com/2019/07/29/the-barbecue-strategy-the-key-to-winning-your-auction-leagues/