Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

CoolCab posted:

they're not poppers that's their attempt to disguise aromatherapy for the gamer market, which imo makes it much much funnier

lmao

"Menthol, Natural Flavors, Peppermint Essential Oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Spearmint Essential Oil, Wintergreen Essential Oil"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

so it’s minty air?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

essential oils as a cure for casul

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

goatsestretchgoals posted:

so it’s minty air?

if you're a true gamer you know that taking the time to chew a piece of gum instead of breathing it can be all the difference between life and death

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
sneaking performance enhancing odours into evo, frantically huffing the little tube in the corner farthest away from the melee setups

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

my esport name is what i call that

Headshot Cocaine, which is more on brand to me :o:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Found the Amazon page for this, and it's filled with 5 star reviews raving about how great of a product it is! All by accounts with only 1 review too, they broke their vows of silence in order to review this product, it's so great!

Here's the top review:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
listen bud when samurai kai says something is the meta of gaming focus i listen. you don't get to be a twenty follower account without knowing a little something about the focusing game meta.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
they're rebranded smelling salts (hockey players love em lol) but I'm certain they're also not actually smelling salts because those are nasty as hell, so yeah just nose mints

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wait does baby yoda have one in his hands? I used to use those to break up congestion. Vicks used to make them lol

https://www.vicks.com.au/en-au/browse-products/vicks-inhaler

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there was a fad a few years ago of gaming eye drops that make your eyes hurt. I believe the minty sensation and searing pain were thought to confer competitive advantages on the bittlefield.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

in fairness I can only imagine the funk at a games convention so if they can get them to mask it with mint and lavender even a little that's a win

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mawarannahr posted:

there was a fad a few years ago of gaming eye drops that make your eyes hurt. I believe the minty sensation and searing pain were thought to confer competitive advantages on the bittlefield.
do you believe that love and gaming eye drops can bloom even on a battlefield

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

someone should market gaming acupuncture needles, to keep you at peak alertness

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Cocaine but branded for and marketed to gamers

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks but I already have a Gamer Stim auto injector grafted into my left ventricle.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Gonna build a gamer bong that connects to a gas mask to turbocharge your cannabaloid system for complete attention conditioning. If you can focus while stoned, imagine how good you'll be sober.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

bag em and tag em posted:

Thanks but I already have a Gamer Stim auto injector grafted into my left ventricle.
that’s weird because i have a Gamer Stim too and it definitely doesn’t go in my heart

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Gonna build a gamer bong that connects to a gas mask to turbocharge your cannabaloid system for complete attention conditioning. If you can focus while stoned, imagine how good you'll be sober.

especially when sober and focusing on getting more weed

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

TACD posted:

that’s weird because i have a Gamer Stim too and it definitely doesn’t go in my heart

They told me it would reduce the time it takes to feel the effect by .3 milliseconds and while I am not longer able to embrace my loved ones without horrible pain in my chest and I haven't slept in 2 weeks I'm seeing some very interesting effects on my average souls per hour in DS3 (no noticeable effect across DS1 or BB)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

christmas boots posted:

Cocaine but branded for and marketed to gamers

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Sitting in my gaming chair playing Farmville a Git Gud Gaming Inhaler stuffed into each nostril

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I just outsource my gaming to teenagers in India, to take advantage of competitive wages and youthful reflexes

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I just outsource my gaming to teenagers in India, to take advantage of competitive wages and youthful reflexes

the question becomes whether you would have to pay more -- or less -- for an extremely racist/misogynist asswipe

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

i had these, they were basically heartburn in a can and worked worse than red bull

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait does baby yoda have one in his hands? I used to use those to break up congestion. Vicks used to make them lol

https://www.vicks.com.au/en-au/browse-products/vicks-inhaler

in the US these have levomethamphetamine as the active ingredient. i guess it doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier like the more common chirality but it still decongests your nose and does damage if you use them too much.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qz6mwrsqLW1r0uzl6.mp4

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I don't really give a poo poo how stupid it looks, that looks like fun.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Thanatosian posted:

I don't really give a poo poo how stupid it looks, that looks like fun.

Oh god. I'm getting 90's VR PTSD flashbacks watching that.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

digging the off hand hovered over the emergency stop orb

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Entorwellian posted:

Oh god. I'm getting 90's VR PTSD flashbacks watching that.

Dactyl Nightmare was pretty good

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I wish I got to play Dactyl Nightmare :(

I went into VR rings back in '94 when I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain and being hyped to finally try out what I only saw in movies and magazines. I get in and the guy tells me to "keep pressing the walk button" and the game they loaded up was a really lovely 2.5 D shooter that was half way between Wolfenstein 3D outdoors and a Sega Genesis game. I looked around a bit but there was no depth perception and just a bunch of sprites flying at me that I had to aim at. I could only attack the sprites if I wasn't moving, but the VR operator kept berrating me to walk forward every 10 seconds. I just remember it being more of a rail-shooter than an immersive experience.

It ended after about 90 seconds and I never was interested in VR for the rest of my adolescence and early adulthood. It came off as a massive gimmick and I've never been able to shake off the poor experience.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My experience with 90s 3d arcade poo poo was similar. Maybe 3 minutes of walking around and doing some menial bullshit before game over flashes and your wallet is $5 lighter. Mid-90s in Chicago somewhere downtown.

I haven't bothered with 3d at all. That game exposed it for the gimmick it was.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Wasn't there some Mortal Kombat accessory like that for ... I want to say Jaguar or Neo-Geo, that made you stand on a pad and used IR or ultrasonic sensors to detect height and determine whether you were punching or kicking? This was way back in the day when Nintendo R.O.B. and Power Glove were passe.

poo poo, I have 80s-90s nostalgia now.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I remember that ad but I never met anyone with one.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
That was the Activator for the Genesis and it was awful :(

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Snackmar posted:

That was the Activator for the Genesis and it was awful :(
Yes! that was it. There was a game store there that sold everything and had one on display (that nobody was allowed to touch, of course). Kind of miss the old innocent days of just wandering the arcade a few storefronts down with a pocketful of quarters.

I actually won one the jackpot on one of those games at FYE where the light goes around and you can hit the button to try to get it exactly on yours, and they went out of business before I got to cash them in.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I saw my first ad in a youtube vid forever. It was this banner that appeared to be part of the video itself, so ublock origin couldn't nuke it. Is this a new thing?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

GWBBQ posted:

Wasn't there some Mortal Kombat accessory like that for ... I want to say Jaguar or Neo-Geo, that made you stand on a pad and used IR or ultrasonic sensors to detect height and determine whether you were punching or kicking? This was way back in the day when Nintendo R.O.B. and Power Glove were passe.

poo poo, I have 80s-90s nostalgia now.

wasn't there also an accessory for fighting games that would shock you when you got hit? Lmao that one was a great idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Entorwellian posted:

I wish I got to play Dactyl Nightmare :(

i played Dactyl Nightmare once in the 1990s and I paid $30 for the experience. it was totally worth it