Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mush Mushi
Sep 9, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

If that weren't enough, apparently unvaccinated folks who are hospitalized due to COVID-19 are having their health insurance denied for their care, leaving patients with the bill:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...lizations-soar/

I know the brainworm counterargument to this is "well what if the vaccine hospitalizes me", but gently caress when adverse reactions are so infinitesimal even when compared to COVID-19 deaths, what kind of cost-benefit analysis are you really doing here.

That’s not what the article says like at all. Insurers are ending a practice of waiving out of pocket costs for covid treatment and unvaccinated people are more likely to need treatment. Virtually every health insurance plan in America has out of pocket costs until you hit an annual maximum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
goddamnit you're right and I suck

Nonetheless, there's a financial incentive (not getting a hospital bill) to getting inoculated, and if anyone would understand that I'd hope I'd be health care workers.

vvv Edit: I've heard there's a culture in health care to being terrified of making/admitting mistakes, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. vvv

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 9, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Spinz posted:

This^^^

This is what I dont get. There are still nurses and medical related people not getting vaxed

That is what I dont understand. People TALK. If shittons of people are dying and suffering how are these people still not getting vaxed??

How are they still weighing the risk from vax greater 2 years later?

Edit: I sometimes still post before finishing reading the thread and its usually a mistake lol

But mom and dad so perfectly asked my main question!

I still dont get it. I cant beLIEVE so many people are so stupid :doh:
Because getting the shot means admitting they were wrong, and for a lot of these people, 'I might die horribly from a viral disease' is preferable to that.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
And for others dying is preferable to being wrong. There's plenty of stories how even on their deathbed patients are still raving about evil governments, freedoms, and such. Their last breaths are on being stupid instead of their lives or their family.

Half our country is mentally diseased.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Buckwheat Sings posted:

And for others dying is preferable to being wrong. There's plenty of stories how even on their deathbed patients are still raving about evil governments, freedoms, and such. Their last breaths are on being stupid instead of their lives or their family.

The only part about this that sucks is that they can't hear us laughing while they croak

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Buckwheat Sings posted:

My favorite is when they're pleading for thoughts and prayers while their vehemently anti-vaxx loved one is in the ICU with COVID, and they have the gall to say "no political comments please."

Oh, so now politicizing the vaccine is bad, got it. :thumbsup:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It is in poor taste to make fun of people dying

It wasn’t in poor taste when 500,000 people died, and I told everyone it was a secret plan by Bill Gates to inject microchips, but now that it hits close to me, maybe you could class it up

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

Aren't those taking horse paste making it worse on themselves by forcing their bodies to dedicate resources to repairing the damage caused by said horse paste, giving unvaccinated C19 an easier time to ravage them? It's just worse in every single way.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Spinz posted:

I cant beLIEVE so many people are so stupid :doh:

Americans are the townsfolk from Blazing Saddles. You know. Morons.

The actor who played the sheriff was blacklisted. That's how mad John Wayne and the rest of the Hollywood crackers were about how accurate that movie was.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

Aren't those taking horse paste making it worse on themselves by forcing their bodies to dedicate resources to repairing the damage caused by said horse paste, giving unvaccinated C19 an easier time to ravage them? It's just worse in every single way.

Yea but they have entrusted some random person online with providing the info. Ivermectin seems to help in some way with virus replication? Who cares if that's not test or proven to be effective in real world testing. Now your battling covid and super diarrhea.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Double post

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Purgatory Glory posted:

Yea but they have entrusted some random person online with providing the info. Ivermectin seems to help in some way with virus replication? Who cares if that's not test or proven to be effective in real world testing. Now your battling covid and super diarrhea.
So does hand sanitizer, but they're not drinking th... Oh.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Woah

https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1436051052667736068?s=19
https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1436051848797032454?s=19
https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1436052354403602435?s=19
https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1436054756255019012?s=19
https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1436055342312529921?s=19

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
do i post this here

https://twitter.com/weijia/status/1436049278020067328

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It is in poor taste to make fun of people dying

It wasn’t in poor taste when 500,000 people died, and I told everyone it was a secret plan by Bill Gates to inject microchips, but now that it hits close to me, maybe you could class it up
When I said gently caress your feelings, I meant specifically yours - mine are still important

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Doing it through OSHA

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.whitehouse.gov/covidplan/ has been updated.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Oh no! This is really going to cost him the anti-vaxxer chud vote!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh boy

https://twitter.com/pwidakuswara/status/1436049517342830602?s=19

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That's probably the closest the US will get to a vaccine mandate. From what I can tell doing some quick googling between 60 and 70% of Americans workers are employed at a companies with more than 100 employees.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/pwidakuswara/status/1436026077198098438?s=19

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Also all of those points on the plan are good except for one sneaky guy

quote:

9. Using the Dpt of Education’s Full Legal Authority to increase access to in-person instruction

Which sure sounds like making sure all schools are open.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
This sounds like it might decrease the amount of chud death though which is a shame

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Are they being intentionally vague on whether this applies to people doing 100% remote work? I figured that would be most people's first question but of course it isn't clarified anywhere

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

That's a great list of stuff that can really help out.

Can't wait to see how some states totally gently caress it up.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Lol this is a bad day for Chud federal workers (and there's a lot).

gently caress em.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

g0lbez posted:

Are they being intentionally vague on whether this applies to people doing 100% remote work? I figured that would be most people's first question but of course it isn't clarified anywhere

Yeah, I was trying to figure that out. My company went almost entirely remote, but was requiring anyone who needed or wanted to be person with us or at clients to be fully vaccinated. So I'm wondering if we'll need to make the policy even more strict.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
edit: gently caress double post

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's some pretty drat big news. I'm glad there is SOMETHING happening from the federal government on the covid front.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
What if all the chuds quit the military, FBI, and CIA???

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

Also all of those points on the plan are good except for one sneaky guy

Which sure sounds like making sure all schools are open.

Whitehouse.gov elaborates on that, it's focused on making sure that schools are able to implement vaccine and mask mandates:

"These investigations will examine whether statewide mask mandate prohibitions discriminate against students with disabilities who are at heightened risk for severe illness from COVID-19 by preventing them from safely accessing in-person education"

This is with the larger goal of keeping schools open, but all along most closure proponents have predicated that on schools not being allowed to implement mandates. I am totally fine with schools being full of vaccinated kids wearing masks until numbers decrease significantly (and then only dropping the mask mandate)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zugzwang posted:

What if all the chuds quit the military, FBI, and CIA???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG3uea-Hvy4&t=13s

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
This is going to be a riot.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I am so glad about this mandate news.
this literally means in around a year I'll have my life back

That's what I think will happen, I do think this will make a difference.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Spinz posted:

Do you think that 2022 "normal" will be like 2019 normal?

We're still mostly in lockdown and our health authorities are pretty clear that vaccinations and masks will be with us years into the future. It's a price most people seem okay with paying to have recreational life re-open.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Given how many of these patriots believe with 10,000% certainty that the vaccines are killing people by the tens of thousands, it's a good thing that none of them have untreated mental illness and large arsenals.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
The private sector and federal ones sound very un-American (as in muh freedumz way) and like quite big.

I was looking for a fine print but welp, guess it's time for to apply federal jobs as chuds either resign or get the vaccine and :qq: about it so it's a win-win for everyone else.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a lot of people will threaten to quit, but these are the same cowards scared of vaccines that have been taken by a billion people now. they'll probably be even more scared of losing their job and fall in line after a public tantrum.

what i'm hoping to see is infighting where the most deranged members of the anti-vax crowd start turning on the more reasonable ones who comply with mandate to avoid being fired.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lolie posted:

Do you think that 2022 "normal" will be like 2019 normal?

We're still mostly in lockdown and our health authorities are pretty clear that vaccinations and masks will be with us years into the future. It's a price most people seem okay with paying to have recreational life re-open.

Oh no not vaccinations and masks

Oh the lost days of 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Spinz posted:

In a 6-3 decision...