Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Will they be considerably less disappointing than that last UHD?

I'd hope they would know the general opinion of that UHD and would therefore not bother doing a new fancy collectors edition without a new transfer. We shall see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Casimir Radon posted:

Will they be considerably less disappointing than that last UHD?

https://twitter.com/studiocanaluk/status/1435962942395019273?s=21

It’s the poo poo one

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Terminator-2-Judgment-Day-4K-Blu-ray/183927/

James Cameron must be losing his sight if he approved this

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Welp

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

My steelbook of Zack Snyder’s Justice League got delayed, I’m hoping Best Buy doesn’t cancel my order. :ohdear:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

My steelbook of Zack Snyder’s Justice League got delayed, I’m hoping Best Buy doesn’t cancel my order. :ohdear:

If you ordered the steelbook this is a common problem. Some people have started getting notifications of their copies being shipped.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Finally, a way to watch T2 at home

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Some months ago people on twitter were sharing a 35mm scan version of Terminator 2.

https://twitter.com/Yourfriend100/status/1404750578337550338?s=20

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yea the 35MM is a sight to behold.

:filez:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/Yourfriend100/status/1404770602532032513

I personally don't mind the color timing changes to the UHD in this comparison, it's mainly the horrendous DNR job they did after knowing full well how those scrub jobs are perceived by the people buying the films. Half the UHD looks fantastic, the rest is Madame Tussauds.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
We just have to realize that we'll never see a good UHD of T2 or Aliens :sigh:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The bigger crime is we’ll never get one of The Abyss, which is still stuck in fuckin’ DVD.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Iron Crowned posted:

We just have to realize that we'll never see a good UHD of T2 or Aliens :sigh:

That remains to be seen… Supposedly there’s a UHD box set going to be released next year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Just picked up a DVD copy of Countdown: The Sky's On Fire because the title amused me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Basebf555 posted:

I'd hope they would know the general opinion of that UHD and would therefore not bother doing a new fancy collectors edition without a new transfer. We shall see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Can I get this as a vinyl?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CelticPredator posted:

I didn’t like that movie at all honestly. I was deeply disappointed. It wasn’t bad but I really expected a creature feature and I got something else, and that something else didn’t click. I’m not trying to play opposite I just didn’t care for it.

I like it a lot, but I also agree that I wish it focused more on the Krampus than on all of the random Christmas-themed monsters. A home invasion movie but it's a Christmas goat demon would've been pretty amazing.

V oh, whoops. But my point still stands

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 9, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh I was talking about rare exports. I think Krampus is perfect. I love the way they build up the titular creature and his full intro is incredible.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Can I get this as a vinyl?

There are a lot of old RECORDS that are just sound effects so probably.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Xenomrph posted:

The bigger crime is we’ll never get one of The Abyss, which is still stuck in fuckin’ DVD.

There's an HD version of The Abyss up on Amazon VOD rn. Not sure about the quality, but its HD!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

dorium posted:

There's an HD version of The Abyss up on Amazon VOD rn. Not sure about the quality, but its HD!

Is it possible to order physical copy prints of stuff off Amazon's VOD?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Sniep posted:

Is it possible to order physical copy prints of stuff off Amazon's VOD?

I believe that's just a program for indie producers and distributors. I know they recently scaled it back too. You have to opt in as the original owner of the property for that to be available.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I gave up on ever getting a Blu-ray of Keenan Ivory Wayan’s near perfect dumb movie, Most Wanted. So I just bought it on Prime.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is that the one where he says “I’m a marine, we don’t die, we improvise!”

I remember a trailer with him saying something like this but wasn’t sure which movie it was for.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Every death is improv if you think about it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Is that the one where he says “I’m a marine, we don’t die, we improvise!”

I remember a trailer with him saying something like this but wasn’t sure which movie it was for.
Yes. It’s dumb, but also a lot of fun. Feels a lot like a video game.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Roth posted:

Every death is improv if you think about it

Not the one from All That Jazz. That was very elaborately staged and choregraphed.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just picked up a copy of Kurosawa’s Ran for about $12 on Amazon. It’s the Studio Canal print. Not a bad price and if anybody else is in the US, s’a pretty good movie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gripweed posted:

Just picked up a DVD copy of Countdown: The Sky's On Fire because the title amused me.

Couple of years ago I watched on Prime a TV movie from 1983 called "Starflight: The Plane That Couldn't Land". Incredible title.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/Yourfriend100/status/1404770602532032513

I personally don't mind the color timing changes to the UHD in this comparison, it's mainly the horrendous DNR job they did after knowing full well how those scrub jobs are perceived by the people buying the films. Half the UHD looks fantastic, the rest is Madame Tussauds.

LoL I'm blocked by that account for some reason but drat is that nice. There's a 35mm scan of True Lies out there too. True Lies has a legit HD master you can get on VOD or watch on TV that I'd call "fine," but it's still fun to watch the film scan. I'd forgotten "the look" of a workhorse multiplex print. The grain, the little jitters, the luminosity. As an almost-old, it gives me the warm fuzzies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
what the heck is a multiplex, grandpa??

also, print? who even owns a printer anymore :rolleyes:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I think there might actually be an HD widescreen version of the Abyss that they use for TV. It's probably not perfect but I'll bet it's a lot better than the 4:3 DVD that's the only loving copy of the movie you can buy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Heads up: the Mulholland Drive Criterion UHD on Amazon dropped in price by like $15 so I pre-ordered it.

I also ordered like 5 other UHDs in the past couple days :shepspends: We had a hurricane hit here and there was like a week and a half period where I wasn't ordering anything online, so once that ended, I kinda went on a little shopping spree lol

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

CPL593H posted:

I think there might actually be an HD widescreen version of the Abyss that they use for TV. It's probably not perfect but I'll bet it's a lot better than the 4:3 DVD that's the only loving copy of the movie you can buy.

There is, it's not too hard to :filez:.

I can finally throw away my burned DVD of Blood for Dracula, found that when I was unpacking my collection.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Please don't talk about how easy something is to :filez: in the thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ur mom is easy bc of :filez:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
:mad:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9SHABNmZOM

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

MacheteZombie posted:

Please don't talk about how easy something is to :filez: in the thread.

Seriously!

It's the physical media thread, we should be looking at bootleg DVDs and Blu-Rays! Obviously

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That’s very easy to find. In Minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Seriously!

It's the physical media thread, we should be looking at bootleg DVDs and Blu-Rays! Obviously

From Torrents = banned

From Toretto's trunk = cool as hell