Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

serefin99 posted:

I'm desperately hoping we get a Curse commander either here or in Crimson Vow. 5-color would be preferable but I will settle for Grixis.
I know I shouldn't- it was an incredibly obvious call in an incredibly obvious color combination- but I kinda feel like a prophet right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

I think this set is gonna rock lads, Magic is Kino again.

*Astronaut holding gun meme* Always has been

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strong Sauce posted:

^^^ nice catch

god every time I see this day/night phrasing I just spiral

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Mana leak in the streets
Uncounterable in the sheets

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
"whenever day becomes night or night becomes day" is just fantastic phrasing, almost as good as Cowards can’t block Warriors

Mezzanon posted:

Mana leak in the streets

:lol:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mezzanon posted:

Mana leak in the streets

:golfclap:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Klowner posted:

I kinda like it lol. There’s a definite vibe to this set.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

The Klowner posted:

weird that they put the unreadable texts in this set instead of the Lovecraft one imho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pseudoscorpion posted:

weird that they put the unreadable texts in this set instead of the Lovecraft one imho

I genuinely dont get this complaint, its perfectly understandable to me

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mandatory lesbian posted:

I genuinely dont get this complaint, its perfectly understandable to me

I think they were going for a joke about eldritch horror. imo it's not that it's not understandable, it's just ugly

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

They updated The List for Innistrad. Some of the cards people thought would be reprinted are instead going to The List. Snapcaster Mage, Master of the Wild Hunt, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria...

Its also including some of the play test cards from Mystery Booster boxes

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Strong Sauce posted:

They updated The List for Innistrad. Some of the cards people thought would be reprinted are instead going to The List. Snapcaster Mage, Master of the Wild Hunt, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria...

lmao who thought snappy or big tef would be acceptable for standard?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lone Goat posted:

lmao who thought snappy or big tef would be acceptable for standard?

would snapcaster be that dangerous? was it last time?

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Strong Sauce posted:

Its also including some of the play test cards from Mystery Booster boxes

What is The list?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Panderfringe posted:

What is The list?

If you buy Set boosters there's a list of cards that they reprinted that will sometimes replace a card. They aren't standard legal, but it's supposed to be fun I guess?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gramps posted:

If you buy Set boosters there's a list of cards that they reprinted that will sometimes replace a card. They aren't standard legal, but it's supposed to be fun I guess?

It's Booster Fun™

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's mainly a way for them to reprint some cards without a dedicated Product to put those reprints in

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rinkles posted:

would snapcaster be that dangerous? was it last time?

There would be riots in the streets if Delver of Secrets and Snapcaster Mage were reprinted together. Especially since this set has Better Opt, Better Shock, and Better Unsummon in it already.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

^^^ nice catch

Great Scott!
(Also it should make things night on ETB because you wouldn't stare into the sun, Marty)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

There would be riots in the streets if Delver of Secrets and Snapcaster Mage were reprinted together. Especially since this set has Better Opt, Better Shock, and Better Unsummon in it already.

Yeah i kinda think snapcaster would be insane lol

It was kinda insane at print too tbh

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Danger Diabolik posted:

I love that she's holding an unlucky planeswalker doll

Oh that's just the best. I hope we don't see this guy's Planeswalker card for another decade and he keeps showing up in art like this.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah i kinda think snapcaster would be insane lol

It was kinda insane at print too tbh
snapcaster Mage is perfectly fine and fair, it's just miscosted.

1R :colbert:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Cool concept, sooooo expensive.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
My guess is they didn’t want it lower out of fear of making it too easy to combo off with

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Finally, a way to make Underworld Breach strong!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

mikeraskol posted:

Cool concept, sooooo expensive.

ah yeah you're right this will never see play in modern, noted Format Where Everyone Pays The Full Mana Cost For Everything, What Do You Mean "Reanimator"

it's a card that can adds arbitrary amounts of mana. i can't think of a single instance of that sort of card that hasn't been broken.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Yeah it can occupy some kind of treasonous ogre spot in cedh probably.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

President Ark posted:

ah yeah you're right this will never see play in modern, noted Format Where Everyone Pays The Full Mana Cost For Everything, What Do You Mean "Reanimator"

it's a card that can adds arbitrary amounts of mana. i can't think of a single instance of that sort of card that hasn't been broken.

This is a pretty snarky post to be honest. I was thinking standard only because that’s what I like to play. Even in modern I’m not sure why you play this over your standard reanimator targets like Archon of Cruelty. Only generates colorless mana and is only paying for things like flashback. Why am I reanimating this?

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 10, 2021

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

This is a pretty snarky post to be honest. I was thinking standard only because that’s what I like to play. Even in modern I’m not sure why you play this over your standard reanimator targets like Archon of Cruelty. Only generates colorless mana and is only paying for things like flashback. Why am I reanimating this?

Underworld breach + a fireball effect + this seems p okay. Too fragile of a combo probably in practice but it's cute.

e: that actually doesn't work i don't think.
e2: wait yeah it should work still?

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 10, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Trying to figure out if this can do anything stupid in Standard. The only free artifact sac outlet I can think of is Rust Monster, and there aren't many colorless cards with abusable ETBs. Spare Supplies turns this into "Pay 2 life: Draw a card" I guess? Not really a lot of antics I can come up with

edit: Oh wait I thought it let you straight up cast a spell from your graveyard with the mana but I think I misunderstood, it's only stuff like flashback and disturb and Ebondeath huh?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Oh, he's gonna play very well in a modern reanimator shell along with Persist and Stitcher's Supplier. Breach or PiF into Banefire from the yard sounds pretty deece to me, with the normal reanimator targets as backup

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

He is so happy :3:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Wondering if that bottom card is gonna be way better than you think in limited, considering how good Guiding Voice was. On the other hand the mana cost is obviously 1 more and a lot more restrictive, on the other hand you get 2 bites at the cherry and it's possible if you draw this with 5 mana you just win the game.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

MikeCrotch posted:

Wondering if that bottom card is gonna be way better than you think in limited, considering how good Guiding Voice was. On the other hand the mana cost is obviously 1 more and a lot more restrictive, on the other hand you get 2 bites at the cherry and it's possible if you draw this with 5 mana you just win the game.

Yea, this might be a good approximation of travel preparations, where if you curve out with this it’s going to put you very far ahead

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Rinkles posted:

Is the thread overestimating Fateful Absense a bit? I mean it is card disadvantage.

I think if anything the opposite!

Isn't this the best rate 'destroy target planeswalker' we've ever seen?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This could work very well with the Ghoulcaller's Harvest/Diregraf Rebirth combo. I think you need better self-mill to make that deck work though, and ideally a card like Gnaw to the Bone that can gain you life from the graveyard.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

!Klams posted:

I think if anything the opposite!

Isn't this the best rate 'destroy target planeswalker' we've ever seen?

If we aren't talking color restrictions I think The Elderspell is a better or equal card in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How frequently do they reprint planeswalkers into new sets rather than giving them a new version? I know ugin the spirit dragon is a reprint, how often does that sort of thing happen?