Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solarin posted:

heroes can be pieces of poo poo too

He has still done more than you tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

empty whippet box posted:

everyone knows that if military members disagree with what the president wants, they can simply refuse, without consequences.

"mr president, americans are concerned about another coup attempt, possibly a junta installed by trump"

that was four or five defections ago! :dementia:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

go ahead and kiss taiwan goodbye. give it a big smooch.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

deadwing posted:

personally, I keep all my posting credentials inside the fridge

godly fridge

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Fitzy Fitz posted:

good job hiring complete idiots to fly our B-52s dumbass military. now we're totally vulnerable. we're screwed. we're hosed.

I think I remember reading an article about how the military lowered recruiting standards to allow skinheads and poo poo because they needed more human fodder for the Iraq war

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

"doctors deserve respect" - someone who has never interacted with a doctor

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

can you pay a mortgage with bravery

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Going to military prison because I listened to some rear end in a top hat on Twitter over my commander in chief

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vaxx mandate is a great soft-purge of diehard chuds from the military.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Don't worry. China has a vaccine mandate too which must mean their troops are deserting en masse too. Right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a soldier wearing a shirt that says "antistate" and shows an inverted flag is probably something the military brass would be interested to know about

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

tenderjerk posted:

can you pay a mortgage with bravery

Don't like paying the mortgage either - Peter Man

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

belongs in the capitalism.png thread imo

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Vaxx mandate is a great soft-purge of diehard chuds from the military all government.

ftfy

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've been kissing Taiwan for years this is nothing new

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh noooooo, all the cops quit. Whatever will we do?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Good to see LSU defending workers rights against vaccine mandates

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Vaxx mandate is a great soft-purge of diehard chuds from life.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
No cops are going to quit lmao they have like 0 transferable skills and are all leveraged up to their eyeballs

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Protesting court martial for refusing an order by going home. Brings a tear to your eye.

Guy is full of poo poo though. Space-x pilots are the most highly trained in the world. They must command the most advanced technology ever strapped to a water tower like touch screens. F22 pilots use the same antiquated joystick our dad used to play commander keen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what do you think the overlap between anti abortion and antivaxx is

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

angerbeet posted:

I've been kissing Taiwan for years this is nothing new

*taps sign*

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Cspam is having its "Pelosi ice cream" moment with that beer fridge

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

significant. evangelical circles tend to be very antivaxx

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

euphronius posted:

0.7-0.8 easily

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol fighter pilots are the most dramatic babies

they are overhyping this, but goddamn if these idiots lead to the loss of ridiculous imperialist outposts then Biden is the greatest US president since Lincoln

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

DrPlump posted:

He has still done more than you tho

lmao

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

deadwing posted:

personally, I keep all my posting credentials inside the fridge

i will find you, break into your house, and drink the contents of your fridge

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Loucks posted:

God this state is just so stupid. I hate it here.

https://twitter.com/agtoddrokita/status/1436076479499149317

I hope this mf dies intubated.

this is the state government that's allowing the closure of a needle exchange clinic that helped control an HIV outbreak

quote:

In 2015, Indiana's rural Scott County found itself in the national spotlight when intravenous drug use and sharing needles led to an outbreak of HIV.

Mike Pence, who was Indiana's governor at the time, approved the state's first syringe exchange program in the small manufacturing community 30 minutes north of Louisville, as part of an emergency measure.

"I will tell you that I do not support needle exchange as anti-drug policy," he said during a 2015 visit to the county. "But this is a public health emergency."

In all, 235 people became infected with HIV over the course of the outbreak, most of them within the first year. In all of last year, there was one new case. Health officials credit the needle exchange for the dramatic drop-off in cases.

But with cases the lowest in years, Scott County commissioners voted 2-1 on Wednesday to end the program.

Commissioners President Mike Jones says the access to needles is leading to more overdoses in Scott County. Jones and the other commissioner who voted to end the exchange say they can't live with a program that makes it easier to abuse drugs.

"I know people that are alcoholics, and I don't buy him a bottle of whiskey, and ... I have a hard time handing a needle to somebody that I know they're going to hurt theirself with," Jones says.

Scott County health officials say they're dismayed at the decision, which requires them to phase out the needle exchange by the end of the year.

Needle exchanges provide intravenous drug users with clean syringes and a place to dispose of used ones. Research shows they help reduce the spread of infectious diseases like HIV and can help people overcome substance abuse by acting as an access point to health services for those who are unlikely to seek them out.

Michelle Matern, Scott County's health administrator, doesn't want to see the syringe program end.

"I think a lot of people forgot kind of what 2015 was like, and what we went through as a community," says Matern.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...e-forced-to-clo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

gross

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Dunno, my impression is Americans (and frankly most westerners) talk a lot about freedom and revolution but mostly roll over whenever their mortgage payments are on the line. The NYPD having an actual union might have more clout to fight if the membership feels strongly enough, but would it really surprise if a bunch of mostly white male suburb-dwellers just go with the option requiring the least effort?

Briefly Americans are spiritually fat which isn't compatible with organized resistance, esp to anything aligned with business interests.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

a soldier wearing a shirt that says "antistate" and shows an inverted flag is probably something the military brass would be interested to know about

This guy isn't even in the military he's just repeating something his dad told him lol, who knows if his dad is in the military or not

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i think it is very unlikely that our military readiness is being significantly impacted at this time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Cspam is having its "Pelosi ice cream" moment with that beer fridge

my smart fridge, which is plastered with my doctor credentials atm, only opens with voice recognition software, so with the magic word "open biden" it promptly unlocks so i can peruse the myriad beer in my cold collection

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
mf are you kidding me I would love to be taiwanese right now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nocturtle posted:

Dunno, my impression is Americans (and frankly most westerners) talk a lot about freedom and revolution but mostly roll over whenever their mortgage payments are on the line. The NYPD having an actual union might have more clout to fight if the membership feels strongly enough, but would it really surprise if a bunch of mostly white male suburb-dwellers just go with the option requiring the least effort?

Briefly Americans are spiritually fat which isn't compatible with organized resistance, esp to anything aligned with business interests.

Cops cant strike. They only thing they can do is get a court order from a NY court. They could do "blue flu" lol which would be ironic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are Taiwanese people allowed to repatriate to China?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

almost one circle.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

have a friend who is an interventional radiologist who was in the just a flu / what comorbidities? camp when things started and he caught a breakthrough case a month ago that landed him in the hospital for four days and didn't tell anyone

then he went to vegas when he recovered lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

should I put my masters degree in STATISTICS on my fridge

god i'd get so much rear end