Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Had a Nintendo dream last night. There was a big, full Direct about to go live and millions of people were watching the live stream at like 5am. The direct starts, and they start by announcing a new racer for Mario Kart 8. It’s a giant Mario 64 Whomp with a tiny black bowler hat hanging off the corner of his head. For some reason he had a Smash Bros introduction splash screen that said “Gregory is busting loose”. The direct then abruptly ended. Everyone in the chat was saying variations of “we woke up at 5 in the morning for Gregory??”.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Had a Nintendo dream last night. There was a big, full Direct about to go live and millions of people were watching the live stream at like 5am. The direct starts, and they start by announcing a new racer for Mario Kart 8. It’s a giant Mario 64 Whomp with a tiny black bowler hat hanging off the corner of his head. For some reason he had a Smash Bros introduction splash screen that said “Gregory is busting loose”. The direct then abruptly ended. Everyone in the chat was saying variations of “we woke up at 5 in the morning for Gregory??”.

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm not even going to try to make the gregory smash 'shop because someone will beat me to it lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NienNunb posted:

lmfao

Bicyclops posted:

i'm not even going to try to make the gregory smash 'shop because someone will beat me to it lmao

Pablo vs. Sub-Actuality...the race is on

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Second one I was shopping at a used game store, which is a dream I have a lot. This time I saw a sealed box copy of Earthbound and got all excited but when I picked it up it was a different game and I got disappointed.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

ty

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol yes

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

a giant Mario 64 Whomp

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Trust me I workshopped it, it's funnier this way.

e; see for yourself.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 10, 2021

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dreamed of two new quake related games; the first had a new gun called the crunch where when fired it ejected so many shotgun shells that just using it three or so times crashed the game. The second was a new entry in the super meat boy series, but it starred the quake ranger, he could grab and throw enemies like in gunstar heroes and it looked like the worst piece of poo poo ive ever seen

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

American McGay posted:

e; see for yourself.

Lol fair enough

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Dreamed of two new quake related games; the first had a new gun called the crunch where when fired it ejected so many shotgun shells that just using it three or so times crashed the game. The second was a new entry in the super meat boy series, but it starred the quake ranger, he could grab and throw enemies like in gunstar heroes and it looked like the worst piece of poo poo ive ever seen

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

e; see for yourself.

agreed

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thwomp is to whomp as link is to lonk

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who put the thwomp in the whompa-a-lomp a lomp
who put the dong on the wompa-lompa-leap man

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

American McGay posted:

e; see for yourself.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao at everything

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thwomp Gregory and Whomp Gregory are brothers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Thwomp Gregory and Whomp Gregory are brothers.

🤔

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gregory_Brothers

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao at everything

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Dreamt that I was Punished Snake in Phantom Pain doing staff assignment stuff for Diamond Dogs and I kept getting complaints from the different unit commanders about this one guy who was unreliable because he kept getting diarrhea and couldn't perform his duties. I kept moving him to different units and it wasn't working and I knew I was gonna have to fire him which I felt really bad. Anyway Master Miller gets on the horn and tells me this guy actually has a special variant of the Foxdie virus that only gives you diarrhea. As I was trying to unravel how that even made sense chronologically I woke up with the hot squirts and had to run to the bathroom.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

NienNunb posted:

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dreamed there was a popular new knife-throwing game at the arcades. It was a huge sensation, and the arcade was packed. Everyone was having a great time and crowded around the machine, which was clearly broken because the screen was full of knife holes. It kept sparking and making weird noises, but nobody cared and they just kept throwing knives at it. The machine was placed with another machine against its back, so sometimes a knife would miss or fly all the way through the back and the kids playing there would have to dodge it. They seemed happy with this. Every time someone dodged a knife everyone would cheer.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I dreamed Pac-Man was on my team for a relay race in high school and when I asked someone how he was running so fast they told me they saw him doing a bunch of cocaine in the locker room

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dreamed there was a popular new knife-throwing game at the arcades. It was a huge sensation, and the arcade was packed. Everyone was having a great time and crowded around the machine, which was clearly broken because the screen was full of knife holes. It kept sparking and making weird noises, but nobody cared and they just kept throwing knives at it. The machine was placed with another machine against its back, so sometimes a knife would miss or fly all the way through the back and the kids playing there would have to dodge it. They seemed happy with this. Every time someone dodged a knife everyone would cheer.

lmao

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Just dreamt that I saw a TV ad for some kind of big crossover marketing event that Nintendo was doing with McDonald's. Two guys in big foam Mario & Luigi suits were doing really labored 90s hiphop dance moves and singing out of breath:

I'm at the McDonald's
I'm at the Nintendo
I'm at the combination McDonald's and Nintendo

They weren't even trying to sound anything like Mario or Luigi. I remember being viscerally annoyed by the meter of the song being completely off and how lazy it sounded.

When the live-action guys in suits were done dancing, the style shifted into an animation that looked exactly like the Mario Bros Super Show cartoons, and Mario & Luigi came back onscreen to talk about the specifics of the promo. Mario had this deep raspy New Jersey gangster-boss voice and said "come and get yer free prize, ya friggin' jackass!" Luigi's voice was high-pitched and wavery and he sounded terrified and whimpered out "uhh yeah what da boss said! ha!" and Mario slapped him across the face.

Yoshi abruptly appeared in a super close-up, stared directly at the camera with an angry expression, and said in a flat yet incredibly loud and menacing Alec Baldwin voice "THE FUCKIN' PRIZE IS AT THE SUPER MCDONALD'S" three times in a row and then sighed dramatically, shook his head, threw his hands in the air and walked out of frame saying "I give up I can't get through to these fuckin' pricks"

I hated the commercial but I was still curious about getting some kind of free Nintendo prize, so I drove over to the "Super McDonald's", which was literally just three separate McDonald's buildings physically connected together. I was going to go inside to figure out what the prize was but I heard the annoying "combination McDonald's and Nintendo" song blaring on a loop from inside once I got into the parking lot and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. I turned around to drive home, but couldn't find an exit to the parking lot for what felt like hours and the music kept getting louder and louder. I woke up in a cold sweat

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

That would rule irl

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NienNunb posted:

This is my new main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

NienNunb posted:

FactsAreUseless posted: