Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This morning Emilia (the kitty) was sleeping/laying down in the bundle of blankets I left for her :3:

But she seemed to have hid behind the couch again shortly after that. At some point today when I switch to school stuff I'll work on the couch and work on getting her curious about me.

She's clearly eaten some food so that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

That's really good going! I'm sure she'll be out and about in no time.

Kittens are monsters, that's why we say to get two so they tire each other out and don't shred your house. Adult cats are easy mode.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Look at her. She knows she’s too cute to get in trouble

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ball Tazeman posted:

Look at her. She knows she’s too cute to get in trouble

That picture really has "If I Did It" vibes. :lol:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When our resident princess does something naughty we get absolutely nothing. She struts off to her next activity and won't make eye contact as if to say "I don't answer to you."

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I feel so lucky because my kitten is perfect.

https://imgur.com/ikd2gaO.mp4

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 9, 2021

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

http://i.imgur.com/a/7o1JJnH.mp4

E: I can't tell if that's working. Here's a link

http://imgur.com/a/7o1JJnH

Lmao give it a while, I thought the same thing. That kitten is absolutely the cutest though.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

https://imgur.com/ikd2gaO.mp4

Perfect indeed!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If this Etsy product had more than one review, I'd buy it. And the one review says it broke in transit. The one on Amazon, all the reviewers agree that it's not sturdy enough to hold a cat's weight, and broke quickly.

I have seen more obscure Microsoft (and once, Nvidia) utilities in the last two weeks...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Your link just goes to an empty shopping cart.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ball Tazeman posted:

She really just scratches at everything too. We have 6 different scratching posts now and would rather scratch at the brand new bed frame or underside of the couch. Everybody says cats are easy-mode and the plug and play pet but gently caress that. Kittens are monsters. Everybody also says that they will eventually mellow out and oh god please be true I’m going mad. I just keep reminding myself that one day I will have a good cat, and the sweet moments to insane ones ratio will start to even out.

Think this is why the thread always says get 1 cat, or 2 kittens. Both of mine are young adult rescues so I got to skip all the psycho kitten mess. Most of it... At least some of it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Oh, hell, let's try this again.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1017671943/cat-keyboard-cover

Yeah, near me (northern California) shelters flat-out won't adopt out kittens unless you already have a kitten or take two. An older cat doesn't cut it, because an older cat isn't going to entertain a kitten enough.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is this the right place to post cat pics/videos or is there a pic megathread that I'm not seeing? Should I be posting this instead into the black cat thread?

https://i.imgur.com/iVFGRsR.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Ej4f9XB.mp4

Yeah I tuck my cat in shut up

(I work nights half the time and I come home and sleep most of the day after and she curls up against me it's the best)

I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks. She's amazing.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 10, 2021

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

You can post pics here but the yospos cat thread is usually the more general casual chatter random pics thread whereas this one is used more for questions I think? This one does also get chatter and pics as well though.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

There's a cat pictures thread over in PYF: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3133335

but this absolutely the right place to post those.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Organza Quiz posted:

You can post pics here but the yospos cat thread is usually the more general casual chatter random pics thread whereas this one is used more for questions I think? This one does also get chatter and pics as well though.

YOSPOS cat thread would love to see your kitten, it is a very pro catte-zone.
Here’s the link:
CAT FACE CAT PLACE

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just send your cat pictures directly to me thanks

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 10, 2021

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I have to give my cat eyedrops AND in-the-ear drops and I don't want her to hate me but this will be the state of affairs for at least a few days :saddowns: does anyone have any tips for making this less miserable for us both?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Doc Fission posted:

I have to give my cat eyedrops AND in-the-ear drops and I don't want her to hate me but this will be the state of affairs for at least a few days :saddowns: does anyone have any tips for making this less miserable for us both?

Just get it over with as quickly as possible. Your cat will hate you no matter how you do it, but will get over it in a couple days.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I've never known a cat to nap on their back in the middle of the floor before... Wednesday does it all the time.

It's a hard life.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One of ours has managed to associate lounging on her back as a way to get dinner so around the same time every night we'll find here somewhere in the middle of the floor just chilling out. She never announces it, she'll silently flop over and wait for someone to notice.

Of course it gets her dinner immediately so she has successfully trained us.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Emilia was sleeping in the bed I made for her again but retreated back to the back of the couch as I began doing my morning routine and was walking around; I discovered she peed on my floor at some point during the night. :(

She does know about the kitty litter though, she's clearly used it, she's also ate some of the good I gave her and most of the kitty treats.

Today she's still mostly hiding behind the couch, I didn't have much of a chance yesterday to use my living room to get used to my presence, I did watch some tv while I was drinking my smoothie and at some point she moved to under the desk where she was watching me.

I hope she gets used to me soon :ohdear:

I occasionally check behind the couch to make sure she's there, especially when closing any doors to any rooms to make sure I don't trap her somewhere; but I otherwise try not to bother her.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Bollock Monkey posted:

I've never known a cat to nap on their back in the middle of the floor before... Wednesday does it all the time.

It's a hard life.

:kimchi: Omg manx AND fluffy?! That is the dream combo, I love the little rabbit tail.

My last roommate’s cat pretty much defaults to that. It was really funny to me, walking in a room to a passed out cat in the middle of the floor.

My own boy is normally a tight little ball but sometimes he lies on his back and is the cutest.

Cat tax:
Roommate’s cat

My cat’s smokey belly

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lena and Katya have started playing with each other under the bedroom door. Katya keeps trying to get in but until Lena can get in to the vet I'm trying to keep their face to face meetings very brief. She goes in on the 20th since it was the earliest date they had. Lena's been getting more bold and social with me as well and has been popping up on the bed next me but still a safe distance away lol. Lena's still super skittish around my partner though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Crocobile posted:

My cat’s smokey belly

Wanna rub that belly :3:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Sleek used to do that all the time too

ET still does it

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Crocobile posted:

:kimchi: Omg manx AND fluffy?! That is the dream combo, I love the little rabbit tail.

Part Manx and incredibly fluffy! Also a huge fan of belly rubs :3: She is soooo soft.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Doc Fission posted:

If you've ever used eardrops yourself, you know that cold drops in your ears feels really weird. Warming the bottle in your hands or armpit for a few minutes first to make it a more neutral temperature can make it slightly less off-putting.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Anyone have one of those fancy discount links for that super expensive poo poo robot?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

tummy time

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
She's extending her range!

She was also really smelly for some reason. I think she might've pooped somewhere outside her litter box but I can't find it.

e: same energy

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

My litter robot comes on Thursday and I am very very excited for it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

tummy time is a flat circle.

Maybe that's a kitten thing, neither one of mine ever really stretch out like that, though occasionally the tuxedo will flop around in her sleep...

vvv Maybe mine are just lazy crap cats then :mad:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 11, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We have a four year old that still does those mega stretches. She's around three feet long from nails to tip of the tail when she does it.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Buff Hardback posted:

My litter robot comes on Thursday and I am very very excited for it.

:yeah:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

My stupid idiots new favorite thing to do is take a piece of cereal out of the bowl and chase it around like a toy before finally eating it. I’m sure there’s a ton of them that get lost under the fridge or wherever and some ants are having a feast.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My very underweight and ill foster cat's new favourite thing to do is refuse to eat for a day, causing me to panic-open multiple different cans flavours and textures of cat food in an attempt to find one he considers palatable, and then the next day he eats 100g of wet food and half a tin of tuna in the 30 seconds it takes for me to refill his water bowl.

Godammit, cat, you have to gain weight before you can have your operation, please just eat the food. You don't have the fat reserves to skip meals.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Kimchi is a big fan of the flop & stretch, she does it to demand belly rubs. The cat-sitter called it 'going worm mode'.

We just got back from holiday and I missed these two so much, omg.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Don't believe his lies. You go for the belly you get the chomp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Thanks to whoever showed us the amazon box castle system. Just added the second box and she LOVES it.