Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Overbite posted:

Game doesn’t let you move or resize attachments 0/10

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
'wow what a weird bird''

(girl then explains it's an owl)

5 min later seeing another owl is spotted:
'wooow, what a weird bird'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Woodenlung posted:

'wow what a weird bird''

(girl then explains it's an owl)

5 min later seeing another owl is spotted:
'wooow, what a weird bird'

Alphin has brain damage. Be kind

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pretty weird adaptation of The Man in the Iron Mask so far but it's pretty cool. I just wish you can cancel out of artes a bit easier as I'm always getting hit in the middle of an arte and I can't dodge until the animation is finished.

I'm guessing that there is a skill that makes it easier? Or do I just need to be more conservative with my artes?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

boz posted:

It just means to move it in a direction I believe, not actually click it in.

Well now I feel silly.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I'm a little bummed there's no classic Tales costumes. I feel like there should be an Eleanor costume for Shionne or a Zelos outfit for Law or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

For PC users who are having problems with their controller not being detected, Bamco says they are working on a patch.

Otherwise the game looks and runs great.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ImpAtom posted:

No, that is just how the curve works. You get more and more SP as the game progresses.

Battle chains and cooking both give huge boosts once unlocked not to mention artifacts. Without the DLC I was getting hundreds of SP after a battle eventually.

Good to hear.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there a certain usage number you have to hit to be able to do the charge for the flame sword ability? I can only do it for the swallow dance move right now and the other arts dont work even though they have a blacked out secondary action.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Pretty weird adaptation of The Man in the Iron Mask so far but it's pretty cool. I just wish you can cancel out of artes a bit easier as I'm always getting hit in the middle of an arte and I can't dodge until the animation is finished.

I'm guessing that there is a skill that makes it easier? Or do I just need to be more conservative with my artes?

Every game is Dark Souls now

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

there might be a skill later, but I feel it's just to prevent the game from being completely mindless easy mode

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

vvv :toot:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 10, 2021

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

No need to opt of the beta. The steam beta client updated last night with a fix for the steam input issue
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements/detail/2956039319832792832

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 10, 2021

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The Shame Boy posted:

Is there a certain usage number you have to hit to be able to do the charge for the flame sword ability? I can only do it for the swallow dance move right now and the other arts dont work even though they have a blacked out secondary action.

I unlocked one by buying it on the skill tree, I'm not sure if they can be learned in other ways.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

HellOnEarth posted:

I'm a little bummed there's no classic Tales costumes. I feel like there should be an Eleanor costume for Shionne or a Zelos outfit for Law or something.

They're probably coming as later DLC though they could be unlockables in the game. Doubt it though because why provide anything that can be charged for later.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Traxis posted:

I unlocked one by buying it on the skill tree, I'm not sure if they can be learned in other ways.

I've unlocked one via spending SP on the skill tree and another I just got for free I think because I spammed the default "launch enemy upwards" move enough times. Or maybe because Ieveled up. I don't know really, game just seems to be handing me artes at random but whatever I'll take it. :toot:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder how many ultimate weapons and final skills I'm missing out on by not talking to every single NPC and visiting every corner of the map after every plot beat.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Just started Tales of Arise, my first Tales game since Symphonia (on gamecube at release) and my mind is kind of being blown by a JRPG with such high production values. Like the most contemporary JRPGs I've spent a lot of time with are the Trails games, and their animation is fine, but mostly just serviceable. Seeing minor cutscenes with full movement, as well as the occasional anime cutscene is really really cool.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Despite the controller issues I heard about I went with the PC version. Didn't recognize my xbox one controller at first but a restart fixed it. Game is good so far, can't wait for the combat to really open up later.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Calaveron posted:

I wonder how many ultimate weapons and final skills I'm missing out on by not talking to every single NPC and visiting every corner of the map after every plot beat.

The game even has a little check mark in the little speech bubble let you know who you've already talked too! It's gotta be there for a reason!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am extremely pleased with the opening of this game and go gently caress yourselves Xenoblade 2 story writers

Calaveron posted:

It tells you everytime an unaccepted sidequest pops up in the map screen, so I just check this a whole bunch

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

do you ever get to bind more than 3 ground + 3 aerial skills artes at a time in combat? It feels like I'm gaining new artes far faster than previous games but with much less scope to actually use them, especially since you get way more ground than aerial. Like even Symphonia and Abyss managed to squeeze 7 onto the controller

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gato posted:

do you ever get to bind more than 3 ground + 3 aerial skills artes at a time in combat? It feels like I'm gaining new artes far faster than previous games but with much less scope to actually use them, especially since you get way more ground than aerial. Like even Symphonia and Abyss managed to squeeze 7 onto the controller
you unlock 6 more slots, 3 ground and 3 air

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

you unlock 6 more slots, 3 ground and 3 air

awesome, that's basically my only complaint right now. Well, that and the soundtrack being Sakuraba on autopilot, but in fairness I think the man's been on autopilot for like a decade now. otherwise, game is very good.

I think I said 'oh poo poo' out loud when (Cyslodia spoilers) I recognized the incantation for Indignation right as I realized I wasn't going to be able to stop him casting it. thank god you have Resurrection from the start.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What the gently caress is even happening in this loving video game lmao

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Got to the OP in game and what an intro! Really excited about this one. Everything just feels really good though I'm also chafing at so few arte slots right now

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Gato posted:

awesome, that's basically my only complaint right now. Well, that and the soundtrack being Sakuraba on autopilot, but in fairness I think the man's been on autopilot for like a decade now. otherwise, game is very good.

I think I said 'oh poo poo' out loud when (Cyslodia spoilers) I recognized the incantation for Indignation right as I realized I wasn't going to be able to stop him casting it. thank god you have Resurrection from the start.

I died a few times to that fight, went back to get better equipment, didn't see a lightning or wind resist accessory and went to fight him again. Midway through the fight I realized lightning is light now. Won but used I think 9 life bottles, a treat, a bunch of apple gels and a few peach gels, a pineapple gel and a few orange gels.

Sooo when should I sell crafting materials? Am I ever going to need more than maybe 10 of something?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Barudak posted:

I am extremely pleased with the opening of this game and go gently caress yourselves Xenoblade 2 story writers

Wow that was a bit of random hate against another game

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Barudak posted:

I like Tales of Arise better too, but what's the reason for the Xenoblade 2 hate?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Gato posted:

I had that fucker down to 1 HP and the game still let him get off the second indignation, wasted three of my life bottles getting everybody back up before landing the final blow. :argh:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well to be fair, it's kind of hard not to compare their plots, considering they're both science fantasy stories that involve a young man wielding a sword of fire that's connected a mysterious woman with a secret agenda.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei posted:

Well to be fair, it's kind of hard not to compare their plots, considering they're both science fantasy stories that involve a young man wielding a sword of fire that's connected a mysterious woman with a secret agenda.

I mean yes but *waves hands at JRPGs*

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Just finished the second zone, game's good so far and I hope it keeps it up!

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Finished up to the OP, very strong first impression. Combat feels excellent outside of the break mechanic being a little wonky and dodge cancelling not seeming to be a thing. Visuals are spectacular it's got a good soundtrack and the cast seems good enough.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

Maybe both games are good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im moving and won't have access to my ps5 controller

m + kb at least passable?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bosses feel like such a spike up in difficulty compared to anything else (which is fair I guess, they are bosses) but like, breezing through a dungeon then burning a good chunk of my consumables on the bosses (usually due to allies taking massive damage from spellscasts) feels a little wierd for a fight cadence.

Game's fun but also multihit attacks stunlocking you through them sucks

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

boredsatellite posted:

Maybe both games are good

I liked Xenoblade Chronicles 2! I'm not agreeing with Barudak!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KonvexKonkav posted:

I like Tales of Arise better too, but what's the reason for the Xenoblade 2 hate?

While there are some narrative similarities, what with the fire based summon sword of planet energy bound to a specific woman, this particular bit of hate was because during the balseph fight at half health a cutscene takes over where it seems like you got womped. I had immediately xenoblade 2 flashbacks and mentally started steeling myself for a game where none of the villains die without piles of backstory and in the final dungeon. Then Alphen got back into it, the boss ran off, round 2 immediately started, and ended with Alphen killing him. I was like this is what I wanted for 80 hours Xenoblade 2, its not hard! It feels good and makes the plot flow faster!

I also have a suspicion Alphen won't say genocide is forgiveable either. Seriously gently caress Xenoblade 2's writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Rinwell's English audio quality seems not great, unfortunately.

EDIT: Although honestly I'm not sure if there's something about the snowy area I'm in, it's making all the voice lines sound a little low quality