Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

A Buttery Pastry posted:

My point is that the internet I engage with, as a non-American westerner, is like 99% within the American side of the internet. You have to very specifically seek out content outside that ecosystem to get it.

But yes, Youtube knowing you're living in a location where it gets far higher engagement with that poo poo makes sense as an explanation for why it gets much harder to purge it from your recommended.

I'm agreeing with you, I'm saying it's so ingrained and pervasive in american upbringing we do it all the time without recognizing it, I'm no exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Historically the development of fascism was tied directly to a sensitivity to death and suffering. Specifically, that industrial warfare is awesome and it's the coolest thing we could ever do as a country.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

double myth, so bullshit it's true. take THAT objective logic

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

quote:

we took the perspective of the scholar rather than the perspective of those demanding sanctions.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Turning off replies is cancel culture imo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

People forget just how “woke” al-Qaeda was.

https://twitter.com/spikedonline/status/1436343956581801985

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
https://twitter.com/mikesegalov/status/1059406518842470400?lang=en

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Spiked (also written as sp!ked) is a British Internet magazine focusing on politics, culture and society. The magazine was founded in 2000 with the same editor and many of the same contributors as Living Marxism

Living Marxism (LM) was a British magazine originally launched in 1988 as the journal of the British Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP).

The Revolutionary Communist Party, known as the Revolutionary Communist Tendency until 1981, was a Trotskyist political organisation formed in 1978.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Doctor Jeep posted:

Spiked (also written as sp!ked) is a British Internet magazine focusing on politics, culture and society. The magazine was founded in 2000 with the same editor and many of the same contributors as Living Marxism

Living Marxism (LM) was a British magazine originally launched in 1988 as the journal of the British Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP).

The Revolutionary Communist Party, known as the Revolutionary Communist Tendency until 1981, was a Trotskyist political organisation formed in 1978.

lol amazing

"Spiked is edited by Brendan O'Neill,[11] who self identifies as a Libertarian Marxist"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

so which mod is he

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

lobster shirt posted:

so which mod is he

Going off of thin-skinned babyman status, fluffdaddy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
"class struggle is real, and i'm definitely the pedo class" sure is an identity

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/hornyonplane/status/1436447209860468738?s=19

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This one must be fake.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

They're right

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’ve hated talking on the phone since 1994.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I've hated talking on the phone for as long as I can remember.

Just another aspect of my mental illness that is now something that young people are accused of doing just for attention.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This one must be fake.

I've read posts on this forum sincerely making the exact same argument

e: lol prior to the three posts above

Jenny Agutter has issued a correction as of 21:59 on Sep 11, 2021

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i don't hate talking on then phone, but i do hate being interrupted by phones. it sucks

also, if people want to talk to me for any work related issue they can gently caress right off and send an email or whatever so i have a paper trail when they inevitably gently caress something up and try to pin it on me

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Truga posted:

i don't hate talking on then phone, but i do hate being interrupted by phones. it sucks

also, if people want to talk to me for any work related issue they can gently caress right off and send an email or whatever so i have a paper trail when they inevitably gently caress something up and try to pin it on me

Same, but also for remembering. I can check my email real quick to make sure I have a correct address or the right time or whatever, but I can't go back and check what I heard on the phone.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I love Jenny Agutter the actress and am pleased to see her commemorated.

I've always been upset by phone calls because they require me to put on my public face with no warning. Either I was a millennial before my time or some people just don't like unplanned interactions.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this person is hosed up mentally and not in a fun or interesting way lol

Truga posted:

in 2021 if you’re interrupted by a phone call that’s a choice you’re making

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you can just set your phone to have incoming calls go straight to voicemail

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SwitchAtoll/status/1436983468647399432

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Of course he knows the story but this is still insanely gross

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1436705203714240514?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I think this person might just be a fascist. What a loving tool

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Already gone, rip to whatever it was

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"if China isn't responsible for COVID deaths in America, does that mean America isn't responsible for what happens to countries under US sanctions?"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

gradenko_2000 posted:

"if China isn't responsible for COVID deaths in America, does that mean America isn't responsible for what happens to countries under US sanctions?"

:tizzy:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Oh just gently caress this man. gently caress him with a truck.

EDIT:

Doctor Jeep posted:

It's always Trots. Even when it isn't, it's always Trots.

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 14:43 on Sep 12, 2021

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Jose posted:

Of course he knows the story but this is still insanely gross

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1436705203714240514?s=19

go on Benny, tell us about his brave death

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

jesus lmao where is this from. how serious of a traumatic head injury do you need to produce thoughts like this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Internet Wizard posted:

go on Benny, tell us about his brave death

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

jesus lmao where is this from. how serious of a traumatic head injury do you need to produce thoughts like this.

I assume you have to start by thinking China either made covid deliberately or just allowed it to spread widely

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
the same people probably said or wrote that china was going overboard with their initial covid crackdown

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you blame China, Russia, Mexico and possibly the Jews for everything bad that happens, that means you're just an underdog standing up to insurmountable odds and never have to examine your actions

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Suspicious posted:

the same people probably said or wrote that china was going overboard with their initial covid crackdown

Yup.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/tagainep/status/1432432634748018689?s=19

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I think I see a base of something reasonable in there but it’s buried under dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the commonly accepted parameters of 'whiteness' in america have shifted over time, e.g. irish and italians were not considered white pre WWII but yeah that's pretty out there, at least today.