Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!
Dak played very well (aside from sailing it a bit) but if you throw a second half pick to put your opponent up two scored and fail to get a touchdown on your last drive I don’t think that qualifies as “lights out.” he left some lights on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ASAPRockySituation posted:

The year begins with an NFCE loss.

All is right in the world.

God willing, the season will conclude with an NFC East win.

The 6-11 Super Bowl winner dream is still alive and well, y’all!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Asproigerosis posted:

How do cowboys fans even live ? They have been less relevant than the Detroit Lions for the past 30 years!!

With 5 rings on one hand, one of the highest valued franchises in all of sports, guaranteed TV exposure every year and a firmly cemented legacy riddled with Hall of Famers. Also, a Thanksgiving game every year and a former player or coach on every TV broadcast or show.

Cry me a loving river for the long suffering fair weather Cowboys fans.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
nothing before 2002 counts so the cowboys have 0 rings actually

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

Dak played very well (aside from sailing it a bit) but if you throw a second half pick to put your opponent up two scored and fail to get a touchdown on your last drive I don’t think that qualifies as “lights out.” he left some lights on

That's not "throwing a pick"

That's throwing a 30 yard strike.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

blarzgh posted:

That's not "throwing a pick"

That's throwing a 30 yard strike.

if the catcher drops the ball it isn’t a strike

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

indigi posted:

if the catcher drops the ball it isn’t a strike

You dumb.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

that may be true but as far as I know Dak wasn’t credited with a completion on that play

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Since CeeDee Lamb came up last page, from PFF:

PFF posted:

Lamb dropped 9.8% of his catchable targets in 2020, fourth highest among wide receivers with 100 or more targets. I find it interesting he's up there with fellow 2020 rookie Jerry Jeudy (16.1%).

Sheil Kapadia points out on Twitter that through the Cowboys' drive that should have tied the score at 14 in the second quarter, all of Dak's passes not to CeeDee Lamb have been completed. 17-for-17 for 148 yards, only 2-for 7 targeting Lamb.

Maybe he's not good? I'm cool with that. Cooper and Dak looked great last night but the kicker, McCarthy's game plan and everyone else? Not so much. Also, for some reason, they seemed to drop Michah Parsons into coverage most of the time. If Dallas can lose a game while winning the TO battle 3-0 and 100 yard difference in penalties, then LOL and again I'm cool with it.

Also, god help the rest of the NFL if Antonio Brown is still Antonio Brown because that group of old dudes is going to be impossible to stop.

Lastly, I hate Dallas but that late 4th qtr pass was a push off and should have been called. I'd really like to see the NFL game have a little more balance with this poo poo because the non stop passing gets boring and is like watching a game of Madden.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
how come it’s McCarthy when things go wrong but Moore+Dak when things go right 🤔

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

how come it’s McCarthy when things go wrong but Moore+Dak when things go right 🤔

What is the bit you're doing? Some kind of Neuphronius Kabuki theater thing?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Lastly, I hate Dallas but that late 4th qtr pass was a push off and should have been called. I'd really like to see the NFL game have a little more balance with this poo poo because the non stop passing gets boring and is like watching a game of Madden.

It probably was a push off, but Dallas got some help from the mustard on the lettuce earlier in the game.

In the end, it was such a close contest that there's probably a dozen individual occurrences that could have swung the game the other way.

Cdlam catches that ball 35 yards down the field instead of it ricocheting off his chest into an interception probably sets them up to score. Greg the Leg. Demarcus Lawrence is just a millimeter closer to getting that ball stripped from Tom Brady and the game's over Dallas wins. The Dallas safety doesn't get the ball punched out right there on the goal line, etc.

People with Stephen a Smith ESPN hot take mush brains like to think that the outcome of any game is nothing but 100% of the quarterback who's highlights they watched on SportsCenter, but the reality is that much of the outcome of any close game is a collection of random variables.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Buddy when your qb passes for 95% of offensive plays the result is on him

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Metapod posted:

Buddy when your qb passes for 95% of offensive plays the result is on him

Why can't dak catch his own passes down field? What kind of loser is that guy...right buddy?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

blarzgh posted:

What is the bit you're doing? Some kind of Neuphronius Kabuki theater thing?

the bit is yall “Dak can’t fail he can only be failed” people. I said he had a very good game, just not a perfect one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

Sickening posted:

Why can't dak catch his own passes down field? What kind of loser is that guy...right buddy?

drops are a qb stat we’ve been over this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sickening posted:

There were a lot of missed opportunities in the game that dak himself had control over

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I think Dak and the boys win that game had it not been for Tommy being under center for the Buccs and the Buccs defense being real good and the Buccs also scoring more points

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Metapod posted:

There were a lot of missed opportunities in the game that dak himself had control over

Its true, he definitely wasn't perfect. Its really weird how it seems like he played better than tom brady.

Dak needs to kick the field goals too it seems.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sickening posted:

Its true, he definitely wasn't perfect. Its really weird how it seems like he played better than tom brady.

It did not seem like that at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

Sickening posted:

it only seems like that to Cowboys fans

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I think Dak and the boys win that game had it not been for Tommy being under center for the Buccs and the Buccs defense being real good and the Buccs also scoring more points

If you take away the things that Dak and the Cowboys did wrong and don't change anything else I think you'll find the results would be quite different this morning!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Like there was a play near half time where the cowboys were in fg range but dak holds the ball forever scrambles a bit then takes a sack instead of throwing the ball away which resulted in 0 points that possession. And there was the possession after a big turnover where the cowboys had great field position but dak couldn't connect with Gallup on 2nd down then should have thrown a pick on 3rd. That's a possession you have to score a touchdown on if you want to win.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Dak is like a big trash can full of lots and lots of balls like in ball pits. Goons love these! They're fun to play and splash around in especially in your fur suit.

Tom is like a smaller trash can full of still lots, but not quite as many balls, but the balls are the Hope Diamond, each one of them, and Tom Brady is God. Well, hope these analogies helped

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There were definitely a handful of plays where Dak played it braindead. Either holding the ball too long or checking out of a pass play to try and have your backup RB gain significant yardage deep in your own endzone. I would put these moments right alongside Fat Mike's failure to understand the concept of time as definite "problems to address moving forward."

Despite that Dak still gave them a chance. Hell, goofy flukes or not so did the defense with their turnovers. If the kicker does his job the game goes the other way. Other than that you're asking for unlikely pick 6s, which is asking a lot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sorry, Dak’s a loser until he wins an actual football game. Maybe next time.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1436425271717076993?s=19

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Ben DiNucci is just one more year out from seizing this offense and ascending to the throne, so all of this stuff with Dak is just a waste pontificating over a lost season.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lol isn't this like the complete opposite of Tom Brady's superbowl 52 performance

>threw for 500yds+
>1 sack/turnover
>0 interceptions
>still lost

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The only way to consider Dak's performance yesterday was that he did a lot to lose lol

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

beep by grandpa posted:

lol isn't this like the complete opposite of Tom Brady's superbowl 52 performance

>threw for 500yds+
>1 sack/turnover
>1 dropped pass
>0 interceptions
>still lost

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The only time it’s not a QB stat

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Getting a feeling that a good number of you are worried your bum team is going to be rolled by the boys this year.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sickening posted:

Getting a feeling that a good number of you are worried your bum team is going to be rolled by the boys this year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sickening posted:

you have the best team in the division unless the Skins have an offense this season in which case you're guaranteed second. Imo heinike ends up starter midseason and is better than Fitz

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/uncle_lope/status/1436126560109596680?s=21

That’s basically a lawyers job description lamo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't fear the Cowboys at all because even if they win the division they're still a garbage franchise full of losers with a moron fanbase, albeit a kinder one than the Eagles

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Doltos posted:

I don't fear the Cowboys at all because even if they win the division they're still a garbage franchise full of losers with a moron fanbase, albeit a kinder one than the Eagles

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Harsh.

Harsh but fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

when did the penalty increase to 5? I thought it was 4/8/season, I guess the extra game just bumps everything up?

Doltos posted:

can’t even win at that smh