Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just got to cooking show part of Psychonaughts 2 and I'm scared to continue. This level is more overwhelming than the PSI King level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The timer is just for some bonus items you can take as long as you need if you dont care and they are all generous time limits anyway except the last one if you dont start the blender first

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Further, they just give you all the prizes in the postgame, so flubbing it is fine

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm currently hooked on My Time At Portia.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been sucked back into the world of MGSV. Going for 100% this time.

It's wild how good this game still looks, for what's basically a cross-gen title from the PS3/360 era. And it never even got a proper One X patch for 4K or anything.

gently caress Konami forever and always (until they release the GBA Castlevania collection).

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Football Manager 2022 is day 1 on game pass? :getin:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-09-football-manager-2022-launches-day-one-on-xbox-game-pass

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

I've been sucked back into the world of MGSV. Going for 100% this time.

It's wild how good this game still looks, for what's basically a cross-gen title from the PS3/360 era. And it never even got a proper One X patch for 4K or anything.

gently caress Konami forever and always (until they release the GBA Castlevania collection).

it's an incredible feat of engine writing. it looked absolutely incredible on PS360 considering how old the hardware was

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Halo open flight Sep 24

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1436057075466051584

Just need to sign up, I guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopefully not bots only too.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

I forgot how much fun Saint's Row the Third was, very happy with the remastered version.

Just bought it so I guess it will be on gamepass soon, as per the laws of the universe.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Sterf posted:

I forgot how much fun Saint's Row the Third was, very happy with the remastered version.

Just bought it so I guess it will be on gamepass soon, as per the laws of the universe.

it was free on Epic like a week ago.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Sterf posted:

My wife has been living out her goth girl gangsta dreams and it’s been hilarious to watch. It’s dated, but still a fun game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played some of the artful escape on pc. Its like how incompetent a dev do you have to be to hire celebrity voice actors and shoot for top quality visuals but then your only game mechanic is walking right and playing actual simon with colored lights and the game doesnt work with controllers at all despite a huge "plays best with controllers" splash page at start?
Its like the dril candles tweet. Fundamentals are being ignored.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Real hurthling! posted:

I played some of the artful escape on pc. Its like how incompetent a dev do you have to be to hire celebrity voice actors and shoot for top quality visuals but then your only game mechanic is walking right and playing actual simon with colored lights and the game doesnt work with controllers at all despite a huge "plays best with controllers" splash page at start?

Sounds accurate for an Annapurna-published game. :v:

They're usually more story/art style over gameplay.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The KOTOR remake is starting out as a Playstation exclusive but will be coming to PC later. I'm assuming Xbox as well. I was thinking of picking up the original one for Xbox as I've never played them but maybe I'll just wait now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

The KOTOR remake is starting out as a Playstation exclusive but will be coming to PC later. I'm assuming Xbox as well. I was thinking of picking up the original one for Xbox as I've never played them but maybe I'll just wait now.

It definitely will because the phrase "console launch exclusive" means it will show up elsewhere

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I'm thinking of connecting my Xbox One to a TV antenna. Should I bother with a digital converter box or just connect directly to the TV?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Amazon has Shadow of the Tombraider for $5 today for xbone. If I get that, it will install the Series X enhancements when I install it, correct? The listing on the store on the series X seems to indicate it has some sort of series X enhancements (I’m assuming just frame rate)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Amazon has Shadow of the Tombraider for $5 today for xbone. If I get that, it will install the Series X enhancements when I install it, correct? The listing on the store on the series X seems to indicate it has some sort of series X enhancements (I’m assuming just frame rate)

Yes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep if install on x you’ll get the upgrades

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks. Xbox stays winning.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lammasu posted:

So I'm thinking of connecting my Xbox One to a TV antenna. Should I bother with a digital converter box or just connect directly to the TV?

There's no point to a digital converter box unless you're trying to use an analog input on your tv.

Xbone's TV guide is pretty good, IMO, and the little media remote works well. You do have to get a USB TV tuner for it. There's a particular model (or models) from Hauppauge that work with it. The antenna plugs into that. You get like 30 minutes of pause buffer, but it's not a DVR.

I will say there's a nonzero chance one day in the next couple of years Microsoft decides to just stop serving guide data to the thing. If you end up liking OTA TV you'll probably be better off with a modern streamer box that also does 4K stuff, like an AppleTV or ShieldTV.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Kotor game that really needs a remake is 2. For as decent as the story and dialogue is in that game, everything else is atrocious and that’s not even mentioning the content that didn’t make it due to the game being a rush job.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

link? it appears to be $20 for me

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

otter posted:

link? it appears to be $20 for me

This was the link, from Wario64 on twitter. Looks like they sold out I guess.

https://amzn.to/3E8Ipym

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

The Kotor game that really needs a remake is 2. For as decent as the story and dialogue is in that game, everything else is atrocious and that’s not even mentioning the content that didn’t make it due to the game being a rush job.

yeah for sure. I think on PC there was a good patch to restore a lot of stuff but on Xbox it was a mess

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah for sure. I think on PC there was a good patch to restore a lot of stuff but on Xbox it was a mess

I don’t even think a lot of it made it to the code. Some modders unlocked a robot factory or something, but I read once that the game was supposed to have a completely different ending that just never got made. Who knows the truth of it, but I believe it personally because that game just stops rather than ends.

Of course my memories of this useless poo poo are like 15 years old so I’m probably off the mark on some details.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

I don’t even think a lot of it made it to the code. Some modders unlocked a robot factory or something, but I read once that the game was supposed to have a completely different ending that just never got made. Who knows the truth of it, but I believe it personally because that game just stops rather than ends.

Of course my memories of this useless poo poo are like 15 years old so I’m probably off the mark on some details.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/139-whats-restored-in-tslrcm/

seems like a lot of stuff but idk really, never played it on pc

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

drat yea, that’s way more than I thought. Just stresses the fact that game is ripe for a redo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I tried out Crown Trick and it seems alright but something about its presentation is preventing me from figuring out when things are attacking and from where. You'd think it'd just be the red square it indicates but nope

Real hurthling! posted:

It was ok for the hour of it I played but I have zero interest in ever turning it on again

The main character is the biggest weenie I've seen in a while, which is the point I guess

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I downloaded Red Dead 2 so I can start replaying that and drat, this video makes it look great on Series X :eyepop: It's still 30fps, but yeah. I'm excited to play through it again with what looks like a graphical upgrade over the PS4 Pro version which is what I played the first time (although I already thought that version looked great back when it came out).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kAZ8TLcHrI

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

I downloaded Red Dead 2 so I can start replaying that and drat, this video makes it look great on Series X :eyepop: It's still 30fps, but yeah. I'm excited to play through it again with what looks like a graphical upgrade over the PS4 Pro version which is what I played the first time (although I already thought that version looked great back when it came out).

Actual, legit 4k is a definitely a big step up in terms of visuals.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah, the XSX footage is how it looked on the One X too. The only real difference is the load times, and probably a completely stable framerate.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah it’s real real good on the series X. I wish they had patched it for 60fps but I’m sure we will have to pay $60 for that in the near future.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it’s real real good on the series X. I wish they had patched it for 60fps but I’m sure we will have to pay $60 for that in the near future.

$70

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d buy RDR2 on XBOX but the thought of doing the early game stuff again fills me with dread. I just want to get to the fun fishing and hunting stuff

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hatty posted:

I’d buy RDR2 on XBOX but the thought of doing the early game stuff again fills me with dread. I just want to get to the fun fishing and hunting stuff

You can just do that in RDR Online tbh

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

This was shown during the PlayStation showcase event and looks amazing, very much in the style of PlatinumGames titles such as Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising which has me pumped. I know it was shown at the PS showcase but this game was announced a couple of years ago for Xbox & PC as well, and the trailer makes no mention of exclusivity, timed or otherwise, so I assume that much like some of the other games from the event, that it's still coming to Xbox. Look at how freakin' awesome this looks :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6ch242ac8

It's really cool seeing such exciting titles coming from Asia that aren't Japanese as well. This is being developed by a studio in South Korea and for anyone that's missed it previously, here's a stunning game being made by a Chinese development studio that also looks pheromonal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2nNljv0MOw

Both of these games have been in development for quite a while and I think the action games genre is going to see a really nice boost when these two eventually release. After the success of Devil May Cry V I imagine that Capcom will no doubt announce DMC VI in a year or two as well :swoon:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the music is by ESTi who does some rad korean music for japanese games/singers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67jSYCSrnE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SUNKOS posted:

This was shown during the PlayStation showcase event and looks amazing, very much in the style of PlatinumGames titles such as Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising which has me pumped. I know it was shown at the PS showcase but this game was announced a couple of years ago for Xbox & PC as well, and the trailer makes no mention of exclusivity, timed or otherwise, so I assume that much like some of the other games from the event, that it's still coming to Xbox. Look at how freakin' awesome this looks :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6ch242ac8

It's really cool seeing such exciting titles coming from Asia that aren't Japanese as well. This is being developed by a studio in South Korea and for anyone that's missed it previously, here's a stunning game being made by a Chinese development studio that also looks pheromonal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2nNljv0MOw

Both of these games have been in development for quite a while and I think the action games genre is going to see a really nice boost when these two eventually release. After the success of Devil May Cry V I imagine that Capcom will no doubt announce DMC VI in a year or two as well :swoon:

I agree. The more diversity in studios the better. It's a shame that the CCP is probably going to be clamping down on game development.