Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Whoever that guy was with the massive treasure trove, have you seen the new Hubulajad's Final Treasure? Dayum

e: I hosed up and left the wrong guild, reinvite @bluedust1 please

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Believing anything about getting gear in this game is reasonable is where you're going wrong.

You can buy a piece for that (and other) specific set from the merchant in Vlastarus. He's a khajit at the north of the town. It's still a random item, though, but at least you're only rolling within the set.

That doesn't sound so bad, I got 12.5k AP running one battleground badly, so...I can go goof around with people constantly circle strafing and rubber banding all over the place while spamming abilities like a motherfucker for a few hours until I finally get what I want.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There's also rewards for doing zone stuff.

A whole poo poo ton of houses that you can only buy with crowns open up with gold once you finish some questlines.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lol I got what I needed in the first attempt. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Snowy posted:

Ok thank you! I need to get in soon so I can put M’aiq in the sweet cave hideout I never use

I bought M'aiq and I don't even have a house. But someday, when I need him, I know he'll be there.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You can get inn rooms for pretty much free

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
3000 gold for an inn room and 120 gold for a bed, the ERP starter kit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Taerkar posted:

You can get inn rooms for pretty much free

Oh yeah, I have a few of those. But I'm not slapping M'aiq down in some filthy inn-room, he is an honored guest.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I just started this the other day and made an argonian templar with a dump truck of an rear end (or the best I could manage), and literally cannot stop stealing everything I see. I also feel like my spec is kind of all over the place right now, but I'm only level 10 currently, so that's easy to fix in the future, right?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Pumpkinreaper posted:

I just started this the other day and made an argonian templar with a dump truck of an rear end (or the best I could manage), and literally cannot stop stealing everything I see. I also feel like my spec is kind of all over the place right now, but I'm only level 10 currently, so that's easy to fix in the future, right?
The dump truck rear end is permanent, as is your being argonian, unless you wanna pay some money.

Your skills/stats are all easily fixable, though, yeah. Don't worry about that stuff as you're leveling.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Maiq seems.. Expensive

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
empty quote this and ill gift you maiq

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The dump truck rear end is permanent, as is your being argonian, unless you wanna pay some money.

Your skills/stats are all easily fixable, though, yeah. Don't worry about that stuff as you're leveling.

Oh I'm perfectly happy with my looks, also good to know respeccs are simple enough.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

insane anime posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

MAIQ DICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ayelid spirits are Boo Mers

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

insane anime posted:

:bustem:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

insane anime posted:

:O

I can't believe such treachery on an internet forum

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Good news, I successfully logged in for the first time in ages and now M’aiq is my pal 😺

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Oh I'm perfectly happy with my looks, also good to know respeccs are simple enough.

The only way that you can really gimp yourself until a respec is if you equally level both magicka and stamina stats, just pick one. There's stronger and weaker builds but it doesn't really matter until the gear cap or if you want to do harder content.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Private Speech posted:

The only way that you can really gimp yourself until a respec is if you equally level both magicka and stamina stats, just pick one. There's stronger and weaker builds but it doesn't really matter until the gear cap or if you want to do harder content.

You'd think they'd try and change the way stats work, but no it's always max your magicka or stamina.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

insane anime posted:

You're a very good person for giving Honest Mike another home to live in.

He seems to have a lot of lines, getting some achievement specifics too.

valuum fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 12, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Snowy posted:

Good news, I successfully logged in for the first time in ages and now M’aiq is my pal 😺

Are you in the goon guild? I'd like to see him before I buy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Barreft posted:

Are you in the goon guild? I'd like to see him before I buy

I’m not sure, actually. I was probably booted for inactivity. If nobody else is able to show off their M’aiq I could do it but it’ll be in a few days when I get back home.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat I had no idea how useful Essential Housing Tools mod was.

Now I have color coded portals in a room to my 5 guilds houses and other places. It feels like UO tbh

I already spend way too much time with messing with housing, this is gonna kill me.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 13, 2021

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I'm playing for a year I think now, CP1100 or so, and I have yet to buy / check houses... I wonder what happens when I do.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Acht posted:

I'm playing for a year I think now, CP1100 or so, and I have yet to buy / check houses... I wonder what happens when I do.

the real endgame begins

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My cave home is calling me back to the game more than anything else right now. It’s going to take forever to dust that place and I didn’t even let M’aiq out of his carrier yet.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I haven't been to the Sheogorath Shrine in a while. I'm sure it's loaded with piles of cheese by now.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I got the free house out of the Northern Elsweyr questline so at least now I have a half-decent place to park M'aiq and all the various junk I've dug up through scrying.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

the real endgame begins

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so i haven't really played this much or looked into it but i'm not playing wow much anymore and i'm bored with xiv so i'm thinking about this potentially. i always kinda thought combat was the weakest part of TES games, am I going to enjoy this much if that's the case? i'm assuming there's at least an active goon presence even if the game isn't SUPER popular (idk if it ever was or if it is now, haven't looked into it too much)

is there a free trial or something?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The combat is the main difference from standard ES gameplay, this can be a positive or negative depending. It's broadly similar SW:ToR or the first guild wars, so WoW-like with a limited number of abilities you can have equipped.

The game is pretty great IMO for the world and can be quite fun, but the social aspects are somewhat casual compared with other games. There are raids and open-world PVP modes though, as well as trading including pay-currency trading. There's decent support for extensions of all sorts too, you'll want to get a bunch of them.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Thumbtacks posted:

There are periodic free trials, but you just missed the latest a couple of weeks ago, so I wouldn't expect one until maybe December.

There will likely be a sale in a week or two. The game is sub optional, unlike wow or ff.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

missing the inventory space liberty that the crafting bag gives you rn

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Thumbtacks posted:

so i haven't really played this much or looked into it but i'm not playing wow much anymore and i'm bored with xiv so i'm thinking about this potentially. i always kinda thought combat was the weakest part of TES games, am I going to enjoy this much if that's the case? i'm assuming there's at least an active goon presence even if the game isn't SUPER popular (idk if it ever was or if it is now, haven't looked into it too much)

Combat isn't the game's strong suit, but it's no reason not to give it a shot. There is a meta in that various builds and tactics become clearly king of the hill, but unless you get seriously into end game content, or PVP (don't) it can easily be ignored. Pretty much any build you can can imagine will be viable in PVE and normal level dungeons.

If you like the other aspects of Elder Scrolls games, it delivers in spades.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

good boy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:cry:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So, right now I'm a Tenplar tank running:
-Engine Guard monster set
-Crest of Cyrodiil armor
-Tourg's Pact jewels/weapons

It's awesome, I basically never take damage in veteran dungeons. I'm telling the healer to take a break in easier ones; Echoing Vigor and Extended Ritual heal everyone just fine.

I kinda (really really really) want to run Tormentor for the AoE taunt. By this time, I know that my role is more to cc/chain mobs and support the group. It just seems so FUN, and the extra resistances offered by Tormentor's proc are more than I'd lose from either 5 piece set's static resistances, to boot.

I don't think I'll ever try Trials; raiding is a lotta dumb work imo.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Man if I have one beef with this game, its that the level-scaling makes grouping kinda pointless for overworld content. Like, I can't actually help anybody because they don't need any help, ever.* Nor is there any benefit in grouping with strangers beyond a minor xp boost.

I've actually found it kind of annoying when a bunch of other players are questing in the same area because its kinda distracting and all the chests get hoovered up. Which is like, the opposite of a game like WoW where the worst result is pvp fun-times and the best result is teaming up to take down a boss or making some connections to run instances. More people is supposed to be a good thing and I feel like a grouch getting annoyed at other people in my MMO.

*exception being waiting around for world bosses, but nobody ever responds to my chats. They just stand there, silently :(