Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

I'm listening...

Their first promo ends with them telling the press to take photos of their beefy bodies (English subtitles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR2S-4P0A78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I can't tell if that match promo pic is just shopped or if Iizuka cut his pretty pony hair.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think I know what my dream faction feud is:

Angry slabs of beef vs Fops

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 4, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/clust3rfunk/status/1434642419493085184?s=19

FREEDOMS with the cinematography

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
jesus christ freedoms. (the shot owns)

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
「NOAH the UNIVERSAL」 is a groundbreaking new series on Wrestle Universe specifically produced for international fans.

Pro-Wrestling NOAH is looking to expand its business globally and so we have started this new series 「NOAH the UNIVERSAL」

The first episode consists of four matches from NOAH and two matches from Mexico!
Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. will be in action along with a 6-man tag team match presented by IWRG, a promotion where Dragon Bane and Hijo de Canis Lupus are on the roster.

More info:https://www.noah.co.jp/news/2330/

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

FatBagzJones posted:

「NOAH the UNIVERSAL」 is a groundbreaking new series on Wrestle Universe specifically produced for international fans.

Pro-Wrestling NOAH is looking to expand its business globally and so we have started this new series 「NOAH the UNIVERSAL」

The first episode consists of four matches from NOAH and two matches from Mexico!
Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. will be in action along with a 6-man tag team match presented by IWRG, a promotion where Dragon Bane and Hijo de Canis Lupus are on the roster.

This looks loving great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZERO1_Wrestling/status/1434918020137115648?s=19

ZERO1 have cut all ties with GLEAT and stripped El Lindaman of the junior double crown as a result of Hayato Tamura ghosting ZERO1 and intending to sign with GLEAT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

ZERO1 have cut all ties with GLEAT and stripped El Lindaman of the junior double crown as a result of Hayato Tamura ghosting ZERO1 and intending to sign with GLEAT

zero1 constantly surprises me by still existing

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if they drop Shigehiro Irie too. I know he wrestles like everywhere else but they'll probably make him choose whether he wants to do Zero1 or GLEAT dates from now on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Young Bucks: We will pay you 4 million dollars for your used shoes.
Kobashi: Not the first time I've been asked that, won't be the last.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I was a bit confused on which Kenta at first, but Kobashi's got drip

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

FatBagzJones posted:

Hey neat actually.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He pull a Giulia?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

He pull a Giulia?

Not quite, he was a freelancer so had no obligations to ZERO1 and by their own admission they didn't have enough dates for him nor the money to meet his salary demands. They were quite fond of him, though, and they seem to be disappointed that when they contacted him to do more dates that they had in principle agreed to, he didn't even respond to them.

They don't bear any ill will towards GLEAT and President Suzuki of GLEAT says Tamura's ghosting was immature.

It's an odd story.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Not quite, he was a freelancer so had no obligations to ZERO1 and by their own admission they didn't have enough dates for him nor the money to meet his salary demands. They were quite fond of him, though, and they seem to be disappointed that when they contacted him to do more dates that they had in principle agreed to, he didn't even respond to them.

They don't bear any ill will towards GLEAT and President Suzuki of GLEAT says Tamura's ghosting was immature.

It's an odd story.

They don't bear ill will for GLEAT but they're cutting ties with it?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

They don't bear ill will for GLEAT but they're cutting ties with it?

Yep, like I said it's all very strange. The article even starts by addressing how they're using honorifics for GLEAT and Lindaman despite the serious situation because their problems are all with one man.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
GLEAT G PROWRESTLING Ver.3 is up on Nico but I don't know if they're going to put it up on Youtube later or what. You can watch the first match free (it cuts off a few minutes into the women's tag).

https://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv333399784

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
LEGACY, a show sponsored by the Japanese Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame celebrating the 70 year history of Pro Wrestling in Japan will have a 2 day show on Sept 14 and 15 airing on ABEMA and Wrestle Universe

Sept 14 Card (Airing on ABEMA, free broadcast only)
2AW Match - Yuki Takizawa & Kengo Mashimo vs Ayato Yoshida & Kotaro Yoshino

Pro Wrestling NOAH - Naomichi Marufuji & Junta Miyawaki vs Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano

Big Japan Pro Wrestling - Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okayabashi, Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Daichi Hashimoto, Hideyoshi Kamitani, Yuya Aoki

Michinoku Pro - MUSASHI & Koji Kawamura vs jirui Hyuuga & Nohataro

NJPW Match - Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Master Wato

17 person battle royal

Hall of Fame ceremony

Sept 15th card (airing on Wrestle Universe, subscription required)
ZERO1 Match - Shinjiro Otani & Syouki Kitamura vs Masato Tanaka & Takuya Sugawara

Dragon Gate Match - YAMATO, Dragon Kid, BEN-K vs KAI, SB KENTo, Diamante

DDT Match - HARASHIMA & Naomi Yoshimura vs Yukio Naya & Hideki Okatani

AJPW Match - Jake Lee & Hokuto Omori vs Suwama & Dan Tamura

Japanese Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame special match - Tatsumi Fujinami, Shiro Koshinaka, Jinsei Shinzaki, Fuminori Abe vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara, AKIRA, Kohei Sato, Shigehiro Irie

17 person battle royal

Hall of Fame ceremony

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

FatBagzJones posted:

LEGACY, a show sponsored by the Japanese Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame celebrating the 70 year history of Pro Wrestling in Japan will have a 2 day show on Sept 14 and 15 airing on ABEMA and Wrestle Universe

Sept 14 Card (Airing on ABEMA, free broadcast only)
2AW Match - Yuki Takizawa & Kengo Mashimo vs Ayato Yoshida & Kotaro Yoshino

Pro Wrestling NOAH - Naomichi Marufuji & Junta Miyawaki vs Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano

Big Japan Pro Wrestling - Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okayabashi, Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Daichi Hashimoto, Hideyoshi Kamitani, Yuya Aoki

Michinoku Pro - MUSASHI & Koji Kawamura vs jirui Hyuuga & Nohataro

NJPW Match - Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Master Wato

17 person battle royal

Hall of Fame ceremony

Sept 15th card (airing on Wrestle Universe, subscription required)
ZERO1 Match - Shinjiro Otani & Syouki Kitamura vs Masato Tanaka & Takuya Sugawara

Dragon Gate Match - YAMATO, Dragon Kid, BEN-K vs KAI, SB KENTo, Diamante

DDT Match - HARASHIMA & Naomi Yoshimura vs Yukio Naya & Hideki Okatani

AJPW Match - Jake Lee & Hokuto Omori vs Suwama & Dan Tamura

Japanese Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame special match - Tatsumi Fujinami, Shiro Koshinaka, Jinsei Shinzaki, Fuminori Abe vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara, AKIRA, Kohei Sato, Shigehiro Irie

17 person battle royal

Hall of Fame ceremony

Yessss, Big Match Wato. :wato:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Every time I watch an All Japan show I am entranced all over again by Yusuke Kodama's look. He's got that weird froggy face and he's hunched over like a troll, but then he takes off his shirt and he's beefy as hell. It's delightful

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I cannot believe that I forgot there was All Japan this morning. Damned fool, I was saying to myself "OK, 90 minutes to kill, boot up this game" & then 2 hours later I'm like "oh crap, guess I'll just catchup tonight"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Lq4y1S7hD

All Japan adjacent, Here's the full show of the Hard Hit show from last month. If you don't remember a card I posted 3 weeks ago this has FIVE Hikaru Sato matches wait no I remembered wrong, SIX Hikaru Sato matches. It has Ryo Kawamura vs Minoru Suzuki in a "if Kawamura loses he retires" match, it has the 2nd Onita explosion match in one weekend at Kawasaki Stadium as this was the day after Peter Pan. It's an extremely silly card. The 5 way tag match where everyone has odd nonsensical names, let me translate. Baliyan Akki & Francesco Akira, Tsuyoshi Okada & TAMURA, Kikutaro & Futtota Kobashi, Koji Doi & Fuminori Abe, Hikaru Sato & SUSHI

Hikaru Sato & Takatoshi Matsumoto vs Kohei Tokeshi & Tetsuya Izuchi
Baliyan Junko & Francesco Junko vs Bokuno Guitar niwa Itsumo Okada tuyoshi & Massugu na TAMURA no Ka-chan vs Kikutaro Ichirin no Hone & Tomodachi ga Kobashi futotta Chatta vs Koji Doi & PLEASE ABEIN vs Nakuna, Nakuna, Sonna Sato Hikaru De & Osushi Ni Kaerou
Atsuki Aoyagi & Ryuki Honda vs Hikaru Sato & Taisuke Maeguchi
BASARA (Daiki Shimomura, SAGAT & Takato Nakano) vs YMZ (Best Stretchman V3, Kaori Yoneyama & Hikaru Sato)
Akira Jo vs Hikaru Sato
Dan Tamura, SUSHI & Suwama vs Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Shuji Ishikawa
Falls Count Anywhere Fuminori Abe & Isami Kodaka vs Hikaru Sato & Takayuki Ueki
Current Blast Deathmatch Atsushi Onita, Naoshi Sano & Yoshitatsu vs Hideki Sekine, Takahiro Tababa & Takuya Wada
Minoru Suzuki vs Ryo Kawamura

I've not watched yet but Hard Hit is a fun promotion that I don't get to see very often

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 7, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The way they handled the Kawamura retirement stip is incredible. Rocky/Rambo Kawamura is retired and he is now Rocky II/Rambo II Kawamura

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

So far NOAH The Universal has similar vibes to That's J-PW, they just need to introduce the pre-match inteviews. ok nevermind, they have subtitled post-match comments. Show is perfect.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 8, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The way they handled the Kawamura retirement stip is incredible. Rocky/Rambo Kawamura is retired and he is now Rocky II/Rambo II Kawamura

King poo poo

Also how the hell did Hikaru Sato survive working all those matches wtf

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

so Kenoh turned up in Dragon Gate today https://twitter.com/kenoh_prowres/status/1435570969821597703

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We were talking about that in the DG thread, I don't think the Amazon Prime wrestling shows are available outside of Japan? Sucks if true.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

We were talking about that in the DG thread, I don't think the Amazon Prime wrestling shows are available outside of Japan? Sucks if true.

and unlike Netflix, the region-locking on Amazon Prime accounts is done at an account level and an IP level. So there's no netflix-like VPN zooming.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
it's the same thing as chono appearing a few months ago. the lec corporation (run by the sponge guy) has essentially propped up the japanese wrestling industry this year. the dragongate (all lowercase bc dg wants it to be clear this is out of continuity) amazon show is the flight of fancy for a millionaire. it's only available on amazon prime japan (which is a pain in the neck to get) and has no bearing on anything except good paydays for folks jumping in (like aoki is in it).

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 8, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

No schedule this week because real life got busy unfortunately so here's a really ultra condensed version

Saturday
TJPW, Stardom & Dragon Gate. GLEAT have cancelled their show.
Sunday
NOAH N1 starts. More FMW-E. All Japan, DDT & Ganbare
Monday
Nothing
Tuesday
The Japanese Wrestling Hall of Fame show on Abema
Wednesday
Japanese Wrestling Hall of Fame show on Wrestle Universe. TJPW & NOAH, non-tournament
Thursday
All Japan, DDT, Stardom, Freedoms
Friday
Not much

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was checking Dramatic DDT for the TJPW card tomorrow and saw this description for the Aoki/Hirata Extreme Title match on Sunday. It has the potential to be an instant classic

quote:

Normally it is the DDT Extreme Champion who chooses the match stipulation for title defences. However Shinya Aoki allowed Kazuki Hirata to pick the match gimmick this time. They agreed to an “All Men Are Equal!” match. Hirata explained that Aoki’s fighting power is 530,000 while his own power is just 20 (he promises to level up to 25 in time for the match). To make it a fair fight Aoki has to fight at Hirata’s level and only use moves that Hirata would do. For example, Aoki is not allowed to use a Cobra Clutch because Hirata never used that move himself. The match will be stopped if Aoki doesn’t fight like Hirata. Two referees, Hisaya Imabayashi and another person will be at ringside to judge what Aoki can and cannot do. This also means Aoki must learn to dance like Hirata because that is inevitable.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 10, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Looking forward to Dancing Aoki as TOKYOOOOOOOOO plays

Just watching Kawasaki Go & it's very funny seeing Kaito Kiyomiya in Stingers corner, less to support them and more to just beat up NOSAWA at every chance

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Japan has opened, or soon to open, a Japanese pro wrestling Hall of Fame and named the first class

quote:

On the 11th, the Japan Wrestling Hall of Fame announced the first winners in Japanese professional wrestling history to be commended at the 70th anniversary of the history of Japanese professional wrestling event, “LEGACY” (14, 15th, Korakuen Hall).

The winners in the Hall of Fame are as follows.

◆ Entered the Japan Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2021

・ Antonio Inoki

・ Giant Baba

・ Jumbo Tsuruta

・ Tatsumi Fujinami

・ Riki Choshu

・ Genichiro Tenryu

After strict consultation with the members and the executive committee, about 10 candidates for the award were selected for "2021 inducted into the Japan Wrestling Hall of Fame", and four people were declined or carried over for various reasons such as the bereaved family and their physical condition. Therefore, the number of candidates was decided to be six.

The committee said, "We understand that there are various opinions such as the order of the awards, but regarding entering the Japan Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, we believe that the highest priority should be given to individuals and bereaved families."

“Not only this time, but also in the future, we will continue to work hard to become a Hall of Fame in the Japanese professional wrestling world, which is consistent with the wishes of our fans."

Pretty much the entire discussion is "where the gently caress is Rikidozan"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
where the gently caress is Rikidozan

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
rikidozan was too involved with yakuza and also korean?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
proof that Rikidozan was just Japan's Big Daddy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1436672148450562048?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames