Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Got 2 games in yesterday; Brotherhood (Magneto) vs Avengers (Sam). Lessons learned:

- Magneto is very, very strong and should not be challenged head on. She-Hulk and Ghost Rider got schooled.
- Avengers under Sam's leadership need to go wide to get use out of his leadership. Threat 5/6 characters are a detriment.
- Wasp is a lot better than I thought and is a solid hitter.

It was at that moment that She-Hulk realized she hosed up:

So many juicy targets:

Ultimate Encounter - Catte:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
That post has everything. Want to come to your house and play with your dollies and pet your cat. You're living the dream.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

To make sure I've got the Affiliation rules right, everybody on your team can benefit from the Leadership ability you're using if at least half of your team is aligned to Avengers, Web Warriors, etc? This is in no way me trying to figure out how many teams I can fit Lockjaw onto.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Dawgstar posted:

To make sure I've got the Affiliation rules right, everybody on your team can benefit from the Leadership ability you're using if at least half of your team is aligned to Avengers, Web Warriors, etc? This is in no way me trying to figure out how many teams I can fit Lockjaw onto.

That's correct. 51% of your models need to belong to an affiliation for all of them to gain the benefits from the leadership.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Got Spidey and Captain Marvel completed and painted up, and I do have to say these are fun little figures to paint :)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Boy, there is no particular reason for these core box minis to be built like this, huh.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

Boy, there is no particular reason for these core box minis to be built like this, huh.

Of the two I've put together so far, Spider was relatively straight forward, while Captain Marvel...yeah, somebody needed their rear end kicked for that decision.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've heard Doc Ock isn't much fun either.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Ultron was the worst offender. Ock was okay - the arms are fiddly, but there's only one way to connect them, and plastic cement makes them pretty durable.

Subsequent kits have been pretty breezy. Sinister has the dumb segmented arm thing, but Beast and his girder were shockingly easy and sturdy. My biggest hurdle outside the core box was getting Storm's base to hold together, since they made the actual support bolt the weakest connector.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

Ultron was the worst offender. Ock was okay - the arms are fiddly, but there's only one way to connect them, and plastic cement makes them pretty durable.

Subsequent kits have been pretty breezy. Sinister has the dumb segmented arm thing, but Beast and his girder were shockingly easy and sturdy. My biggest hurdle outside the core box was getting Storm's base to hold together, since they made the actual support bolt the weakest connector.

Yeah, what I ended up doing for Captain Marvel's arms was assembling her torso, fixing the upper halves of the arms to that with some Tamiya plastic cement, and then attaching the lower halves. Having the upper parts of her arms already on the torso made it so much easier.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oddly specific assembly question, but is Okoye hard to put together? I see her turn up in stuff all the time thanks to being 2 cost.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Dawgstar posted:

Oddly specific assembly question, but is Okoye hard to put together? I see her turn up in stuff all the time thanks to being 2 cost.

She has that "two wrists connect to the arms" bit you see where people hold pole weapons like that, but otherwise she's fine.

SHURI, on the other hand

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Feeple posted:

She has that "two wrists connect to the arms" bit you see where people hold pole weapons like that, but otherwise she's fine.

SHURI, on the other hand

Dare I ask?

In happy news I thought Storm was going to be a pain but she was fine when I realized how she was supposed to align with the lightning bolt.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Dare I ask?

In happy news I thought Storm was going to be a pain but she was fine when I realized how she was supposed to align with the lightning bolt.

So, the bottom of the panther gauntlets are a separate bit, and the tail of her head braid is its own bit.

On top of that, she's doing that dodgy-one foot down pose, so there's that.

She is, IMO, the hardest model in the range.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

still laughing at the fact that a year ago I decided to choose Star-Lord as my first MCP miniature when he's one of the worst possible minis to begin with. A head that requires you to glue a tiny mask + hair on, microscopic jets to affix to the boots, finicky trenchcoat pieces.

Feels like Atomic Mass has announced like a dozen new figures but they're all listed as a "October - December" pre-order release guesstimate. My hobby shop only just decided to carry them and recently admitted they have no idea about timing for the rest of the year.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've found that with a lot of the harder to assemble MCP models, the key is to leave the tiny pieces on the sprue and use it as a third hand to glue the other part to it, then snip it off. Helps a ton with stuff like Star Lord and Shuri.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Man I want to buy some spider foe characters but everywhere I look is sold out. Has their production been slow recently because of covid?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lucinice posted:

Man I want to buy some spider foe characters but everywhere I look is sold out. Has their production been slow recently because of covid?

Yep, shipping is just nuts everywhere. Europe got the spider-foes wave like a month+ before the US did.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If you were in the market, Venom seems to be out of stock about everywhere so if you want one and find one for decent, snag it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Atomic Mass just showed off a shitload of new X-men for Q1 2022 in their random Twitch announcement:

Rogue/Gambit
Colossus/Magik
and FINALLY Juggernaut

https://imgur.com/gallery/XJJCr6V

Love all these sculpts though Juggernaut's pose is a bit odd.

edit: Better look at the miniatures themselves here: https://boardgametoday.com/marvel-crisis-protocol-reveals-juggernaut-colossus-magik-rogue-gambit-and-more/

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 10, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ms. Marvel is starting to be listed as in stock around the internet for the interested. Have we gotten a look at her card yet?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Ms. Marvel is starting to be listed as in stock around the internet for the interested. Have we gotten a look at her card yet?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
She's another good 3 pointer for my new fav, Sam Wilson. She stealth has a lot of movement shenanigans with those transforms, and smacks people around pretty good when she gets big.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

another hot tip: Moon Knight/Blade and Dormammu are popping up in a few UK stores online. I grabbed the 2-pack from a place called Board Game Extras.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So essentially Kamala can do all her stuff, Embiggen and then do all her stuff on that side too?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

So essentially Kamala can do all her stuff, Embiggen and then do all her stuff on that side too?

You still only get two actions, but yes more or less

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you're not watching the future of MCP panel, you should check it out later. Huge changes to the game, a bunch of old characters getting buffed.

Hulk rules now.

https://twitch.tv/atomicmassgames

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

If you're not watching the future of MCP panel, you should check it out later. Huge changes to the game, a bunch of old characters getting buffed.

Hulk rules now.

Cap's good, too. You might want to run Captain Marvel since he gives a power discount.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Can't wait to see all the model changes. This is neat.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Hulk rules now.

Holy poo poo lol

-- edit since I don't want to double post but this site has all the changes mentioned: https://acrossthebifrost.com/2021/09/11/the-future-of-marvel-crisis-protocol/

Overall MODOK/Shuri got nerfed (thank gently caress) with Shuri not being able to push size 4+ chars anymore, and some buffs to Steve Rogers and THE HULK now being the monster he ought to be.

I never actually expected AMG to do this i.e. honest to god character card revamps, and fully expected them to just make "The Immortal Hulk" or other variants to address characters who got left behind as they ramped up the flavor and abilities of newer models. This is really awesome to see and shows they're very committed to a young game that's just hitting the gas in terms of more unique game rules (Mr. Sinister, Kraven, Rogue, and more arch-nemesis stuff in particular have some wildly flavorful material) and better quality of the sculpts themselves.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 12, 2021

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Wills are pretty great

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ran my first MCP event today. Seven dudes (should have been 8 but one had an emergency), three rounds of nice chill games. It's a nice change of pace from running 30-60 player WMH tournaments full of try hards calling for me to judge ranges and poo poo every 5 minutes. There was a nice variety of lists too (in order from first to last place): Wakanda, Web Warriors, Spider Foes, WW/Foes, Black Order, Xmen, Syndicate.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

Nice, Frybrand!

DLC Inc posted:

Holy poo poo lol

-- edit since I don't want to double post but this site has all the changes mentioned: https://acrossthebifrost.com/2021/09/11/the-future-of-marvel-crisis-protocol/

Overall MODOK/Shuri got nerfed (thank gently caress) with Shuri not being able to push size 4+ chars anymore, and some buffs to Steve Rogers and THE HULK now being the monster he ought to be.

I never actually expected AMG to do this i.e. honest to god character card revamps, and fully expected them to just make "The Immortal Hulk" or other variants to address characters who got left behind as they ramped up the flavor and abilities of newer models. This is really awesome to see and shows they're very committed to a young game that's just hitting the gas in terms of more unique game rules (Mr. Sinister, Kraven, Rogue, and more arch-nemesis stuff in particular have some wildly flavorful material) and better quality of the sculpts themselves.

I believe MODOK only got a change that was already alive in errata anyway; this just keep you from having to :actually: people. Shuri's update makes sense in the age of Dormammu, and Steve is lined up with that.

Hulk is...strong. Like, real strong. Like, woah dude.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Feeple posted:

Nice, Frybrand!

I believe MODOK only got a change that was already alive in errata anyway; this just keep you from having to :actually: people. Shuri's update makes sense in the age of Dormammu, and Steve is lined up with that.

Hulk is...strong. Like, real strong. Like, woah dude.

MODOK can only bow once per turn now instead of once per character per turn, which is nice.

I am glad they fixed the reroll stuff, that ruling they made was so counter-intuitive, I hated it.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to spam up the thread with my random shots from the event, but I do need to share this amazing Beast with his pokemon card binder that someone was rocking today:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Feeple posted:

So the big change for Steve is him being able to throw around bigger characters with his shield?

Fyrbrand posted:

I don't want to spam up the thread with my random shots from the event, but I do need to share this amazing Beast with his pokemon card binder that someone was rocking today:

Oh, you can spam that sort of thing all day as far as I'm concerned. That's great.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

So the big change for Steve is him being able to throw around bigger characters with his shield?

Shield throw went up in strength and now generates a power, too. His throw and his wild push on the strike both changed to size 3, which is great.

Thirsty Dog fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 13, 2021

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Modok can now only use the Pea-brain reroll power once a turn as well, which is a pretty big hit to his durability and output

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

looking at the card preview for the Dr. Voodoo/Hood pack, they might be the most fun package released yet. Voodoo has this really unique "possession" mechanic that severely hinders an enemy with a "cannot hold/interact/contest objectives" debuff, though he will sacrifice inherent buffs for himself while the ghost is being utilized this way. Hood obviously has the transformation aspect that makes him more powerful, but he's also more power-hungry and has less defense/ways to defend against Mystic attacks.

Rogue's previewed tactic cards look fun, too---she'll be a blast to take with teams that have Cyclops and Wolverine since she'll be able to turn herself into a turret or gain a healing factor to keep herself topped off.

content---had this Toad sitting on my shelf for a long while and finally painted him, really happy with how this little jerk turned out. Finally an excuse to use Tesseract Glow on something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Absolutely flood the thread, king.