Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/edstetzer/status/1436464560396017696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KeithiusPrime69/status/1436693987742584834?s=20

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
Most of these chunks of I-beams and scraps of scorched steel were used to create small 9/11 memorials scattered around the country. “Only a few of the American memorials are in major cities,” they write. “Most have been erected in liminal spaces between suburban office parks and parking lots, at the centers of traffic circles, outside public buildings in small towns.”

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
"In an even more fitting tribute, a bit of the money earned by the rapacious financial oligarchs and the ghouls they employed in the Towers have spread to all corners of the US, lifting all Americans no matter their station momentarily out of extreme poverty into less extreme poverty as a Twinkie is purchased from their corner store with Trade money, or a quarter that wouldn't have been earned without the international banking system was thrown to them."

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Good morning, 9/11 morning

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Just had a formation of fighter jets fly low over my place in St. Paul. Expensive dumb tribute or coup? Who knows.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

Good morning, 9/11 morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqjlFGZxtE

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

what day? Why it's 9/11 day!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/457675646970634240?s=21

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

he had to stay at my house cause his apartment got ruined by all the dust

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Knock knock

who's there

9/11

9/11 who

YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET :911:

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Sep 11, 2021

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu5UKC4ASdk&t=175s

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
happy 0.818181818181818 day

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PyPy posted:

happy 0.818181818181818 day

converted to letters this is 0.HAHAHAHAHAHAH day

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

happy Benghazi day

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
will more people die today than died on 9/11/01?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

vyelkin posted:

RIP Salvador Allende

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Obama lied Vilerat died

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

:toot: :toot: :toot:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Knock knock

who's there

9/11

9/11 who

YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET :911:

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FWCvzduYZg

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

lmao :d2a:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

shyduck posted:

Obama lied Vilerat died

Obama's only good act as president

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lmao 9/11

america got owned

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Lastgirl posted:

lmao 9/11

america got owned

Dominos meme but they're each a tower toppling towards the last one labeled 'Trillions in debt and Taliban victory'

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
my favorite day

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
god what if they crashed planes into all the tall buildings in america, that would be so cool

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
what 9/11 do you follow

twin towers

or

benghazi?

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

what 9/11 do you follow

twin towers

or

benghazi?

i only care about the funniest 9/11 which so far is benghazi

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

they put one up in my highschool that's 1000 miles away from new york. goth kids would eat lunch around it ironically

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

what about the one where Hillary collapsed lmao

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

oh my god that actually did happen on 9/11

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
i remember when the towers and hillary fell

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

collapsing like the tower instead of standing strong like a patriot

insulting, very very disrespectful :yooge:

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

FizFashizzle posted:

iran, and most of the west, really thought in the aftermath of 9/11 the US would move to align with them. Hundreds of thousands of people marched in tehran to show their support for the united states in the immediate aftermath because EVERYONE loving KNEW THE SAUDIS DID IT

all early gains in afghanistan were because the Iranian National Guard was doing the heavy lifting; they knew the terrain, the people, the language, etc.

we now know that the only thing that stopped the iranians from getting bin laden was likely rumsfeld saying not to guard the entrance into pakistan for some reason

anyway the guy that was in charge of that military operation was blown up in a random rear end drone strike by donald trump lmao

iran got punked by rumsfeld because they didnt realize that bush was in on it. sad!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

twenty loving years

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
9/11 is the only culture ever seen in corporate america

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

collapsing like the tower instead of standing strong like a patriot

insulting, very very disrespectful :yooge:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rip to a real one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I was inspired to start this thread because the local news ran a piece that was all :qq: "why don't high school kids remember 9/11?" :qq:

18-Year-Old Fighting In Afghanistan Has 9/11 Explained To Him By Older Soldier
9/11/12 10:10AM

quote:

KANDAHAR, AFGHANISTAN—After asking why the United States was in Afghanistan in the first place, 18-year-old U.S. Army Pvt. Josh McCombs received a frank description of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, from Master Sgt. Todd Brinkman, 33, between raids on Taliban insurgents Tuesday. “Turns out, the little shaver was only 7 back then, and his folks didn't want him to see the horrible pictures on TV,” the commanding officer later told reporters. “Then Pvt. McCombs asked: ‘If 9/11 happened more than 10 years ago, why are we here now?’ And that’s when I told him to stop asking questions and just follow orders.” McCombs was last seen explaining 9/11 to his fellow young infantrymen, who all reportedly asked the same follow-up question McCombs did.