Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wait there are nukes in this game? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Not technically nukes. They're just large rockets that remove any buildings in their explosion radius from the war, making them unusable by either team. There's no radiation but there is a filter applied to make it spookily orange.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yes we sure showed us.

:allears:

FOXHOLE - Yes we sure showed us.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
They are V2 rockets not nuclear weaponry.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
They had capped foxcatcher, and were about to capture the rocket site which was ready to launch, so to deny them the rocket+foxcatcher we blew up foxcatcher as they were breaching the site's concrete bunker defenses

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

pokchu posted:

They had capped foxcatcher, and were about to capture the rocket site which was ready to launch, so to deny them the rocket+foxcatcher we blew up foxcatcher as they were breaching the site's concrete bunker defenses

Well okay then :black101: that rules

Bitchy and Twitchy

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
My favorite is still the time a few wars ago where we tried to scorched earth Skelter course as it was about to fall but our nuke missed the target.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Day zero freighters are going to be dope ngl.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So yeah, we're in the last gasps of this war. If you want to join us maybe check back in the thread or ask in the discord OR jump in now and use the time to just learn the basic mechanics and play with some of the late war tech stuff.

Like always we'll add you to the GOON guild/squad/regiment/secrety society/no homers club but remember the squad is a temp thing.

If there is interest tonight we'll get together and give this war one last farewell blast and use up what vehicles/artillery pieces we got hanging around in our stockpile.

At the moment active goons are on the games development test branch checking out the new stuff and providing feedback for the coming 22nd update.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i had a dream we were all fighting a collie tank the size of a battleship

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

verbal enema posted:

i had a dream we were all fighting a collie tank the size of a battleship

"M-metal gear??!"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A break down of each of our coming Warden uniforms and what stacks with them:

These cost BMATS to make, so I am thinking for new players/those than have a mild interest in production and logistics should focus on these in the near future as we always have a surplus of BMATS because they are easy to get and cook.

Also we got a battery of 150's we should use ASAP chilling in Stone Cradle, any of us going to be playing live tonight or sunday so we can do something?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

A break down of each of our coming Warden uniforms and what stacks with them:

These cost BMATS to make, so I am thinking for new players/those than have a mild interest in production and logistics should focus on these in the near future as we always have a surplus of BMATS because they are easy to get and cook.

Also we got a battery of 150's we should use ASAP chilling in Stone Cradle, any of us going to be playing live tonight or sunday so we can do something?

i bet the costs might be dev branch placeholders. Also you can do MPF orders on uniforms.
but like bunkers uniforms themselves are delayed in dev branch so we cant test them out yet.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
It absolutely makes sense that boiler suits allow carrying extra bmats, while engineer uniforms allow carrying extra materials (?!?!), Definitely Not going to be dumb bullshit for people who are already doing logi and playing 1930s War Trucker to worry about.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i play 1930s Dead Guy In A Field

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I imagine the medic uniform stacks morphine and bandaids.

Thank god they're in a different queue. If they were in with shirts and gsupps they wouldn't ever get built.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Grondoth posted:

I imagine the medic uniform stacks morphine and bandaids.

Thank god they're in a different queue. If they were in with shirts and gsupps they wouldn't ever get built.

I think they are the new shirts.

But yeah, apparently in a different queue to gsupps, which is good because that was bullshit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that draining back and forth hell war was over. What a hot mess.

I wish the 82ndDK luck in winning the next one.

So are we going to try with this next one, or just poke at it?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I did my first 6 hours of war trucking today and loved it. It's a good version of whatever the Planetside games tried and failed to do with logistics.

The production options are overwhelming though. Other than shirts, which items do bases burn through fast?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Usually gas grenades, blood phials, bandages, ammo for weaponry and BMATS.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Binoculars, wrenches, shovels, gas masks and cartridges are all slow-use items, but logidudes don’t tend to bring a bunch of them.

If you have some Rmats, mortar tubes are huge. Most bases end up with a ton of mortar shells and no tubes. Mortars are useless without binoculars.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MrYenko posted:

Binoculars, wrenches, shovels, gas masks and cartridges are all slow-use items, but logidudes don’t tend to bring a bunch of them.

If you have some Rmats, mortar tubes are huge. Most bases end up with a ton of mortar shells and no tubes. Mortars are useless without binoculars.

Binos and radios come in crates of 5 iirc, the reason they're not more common is because they're expensive and then people take them and immediately die.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Volmarias posted:

Binos and radios come in crates of 5 iirc, the reason they're not more common is because they're expensive and then people take them and immediately die.

Oh absolutely, and people that die with a radio, binos, a rifle, a mask with four carts, twelve magazines, and a half dozen grenades are loving assholes, but those utility items are vital on the front. This is also why scavenging is a super pro move, particularly during kinda leaderless stalemates.

Binos aren’t even that expensive to make, it’s the opportunity cost of transporting the crate that I find limits me from taking them. Radios no, don’t really bother. Those belong back in the logi hubs.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

In general, delivering shovels to the frontline is actively harmful to your own side, though. The running joke used to be that you should pack your truck full of shovel crates and suicide it into enemy lines. If you're gonna bring shovels, make sure it's to somewhere with active builders who know what they're doing.

(This is likely to completely change with the coming update two wars from now.)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

The running joke used to be that you should pack your truck full of shovel crates and suicide it into enemy lines.

This isn't even a joke. Low ranks with shovels are the single most destructive force in the game (against your own team).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

War 82 just been declared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQ9ieTJuZE

Last one with the current building system and northern focused map/old camera.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

For newbies just joining if you get an invite to [82JK]#5526 then that's the local goon regiment. It'll change back to [GOON] after War 82.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6BXiwgnJ4k

Tragic, just tragic.

Those motor boats were three days away from retirement.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

All because a map post was covering the bridge and I thought we had to reinforce via the river

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I just drove a truck into a trench with collies in it, I have achieved transcendence.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Get those trench implosion kills while you still can before the 22nd, then we learn how to hide and sticky their tanks doing it.

GruntyThrst posted:

All because a map post was covering the bridge and I thought we had to reinforce via the river

This is a barbaic and utterly monsterous thing that does need to stop. I'm happy to kill a trench of Colonials with gas, shoot the bleeding out wonded and needlessly HE a hospital tent from my tank but this is true evil.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
map posts covering things must END

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

'Gentlemen, this position is vital and we need to know absolutely anything intelligence sends our way...now let me rest this mug of coffee right here a moment on this map table....man I need to put my gum some place it also out of flavour...oh hey a comment about Colonials that suck, let me get in that lets find a pencil...'

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

verbal enema posted:

map posts covering things must END

But it's vitally important that the entire team knows that 3000 people think 'Wardens are cringe'

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Every time I see those posts with constant upvotes fighting for the logistic lists of a crumbling front line, partisan warnings or blown bridge alerts with just the token two my soul dies a little.

Devman, please just remove character input from the map and just give us pings with template prepared phrases and or the red string with them. And up voting too.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I had some fun this morning (I'm getting some time in when most of you are asleep it seems) - MG's got unlocked, and I got to see a very shocked Colonial attack collapse when a truck arrived with a bunch.
About thirty seconds of the first day of the Somme. Shame we didn't have the numbers to push back over the bridge.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
at some point i will leave shard 2 but im too invested and have seen like 30+ regulars on that server and now we're on some poo poo

also 3+ man mortar squads is some absurdly fun poo poo

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well feel free to join the rest of us on the 22nd, current war on Shard 1 is a weird one.

Grey Hunter posted:

I had some fun this morning (I'm getting some time in when most of you are asleep it seems) - MG's got unlocked, and I got to see a very shocked Colonial attack collapse when a truck arrived with a bunch.
About thirty seconds of the first day of the Somme. Shame we didn't have the numbers to push back over the bridge.

Yeah GMT/EU crew assemble more in the early/late evening swing of things but we play longer on weekends into the night.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Devbranch phase 2 out, time to test them bunkers now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
FOXHOLE: I keep digging myself into a hole