Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Rauros posted:

touche. will be interesting to see if new england is an outlier or if delta doesn't care.

I’m guessing it’s like every other time this happened, and every time this will happen: people are impatient and mistake a rolling progression of a pandemic for discrete events.

There’s nothing in particular saving NYC or Boston or even Madison, WI wherever. it’s just time. In 3 weeks it’ll be bad there and have slowed a bit in the south because people are finally panicking and not going out as much as they were a month or 6 weeks ago.

and when there’s another variant we can go through this again, acting perplexed that it’s kicking off in <blank> and sparing the special liberals in Michigan, instead of realizing it’s just progressing outward over time from an epicenter.

if this sounds harsh I’m sorry but this has been going on long enough for everyone to get past arbitrary regional boundaries stopping a viral pandemic when we have completely unfettered inter and intrastate travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

just walked down to the coffee shop to get a nice afternoon espresso and they close at 2 on the weekends now so now i'm full antimask and pro open biden

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I remember thinking in mid March 2020 that they were going to shut airports down to control
the spread lol l

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

just kidding i just walked a few more blocks to another coffee place that was still open

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

I remember thinking in mid March 2020 that they were going to shut airports down to control
the spread lol l

didnt that happen for like a week maybe

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Der Meister posted:

my whole adult life I’ve felt like an alien

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Does anyone have that Israel graph where things sorta dipped after the booster?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

if this sounds harsh I’m sorry but this has been going on long enough for everyone to get past arbitrary regional boundaries stopping a viral pandemic when we have completely unfettered inter and intrastate travel.

the eastern Canadian provinces and newfoundland banned interprovincial travel and despite a whole bunch of "civil liberties groups" trying to get them to Open Justin they held. they then formed a "bubble" between themselves and excluding the Canadian plaguelands

they are the only provinces that have done a good job during the pandemic, funny enough. outside of some stupid poo poo in the beginning (making parks illegal for a month?) they're at least AUS tier

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

minorities are heavily vaccinated. Whites are the least vaccinated.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Delta-Wye posted:

aspiration is such a nice microcosm of why our covid response sucks. its a very simple & easy process to verify the vaccine is being administered where it should go, but the brain trust high up writing best practices decided that if they told folks it was required some people may not do it or do it wrong or something (little vague what they're worried about here?).

their absolute dogbrained solution is to have everyone not aspirate though, rather than risking having some folks not do it.

i don't feel very strongly about this being a root cause either way (pretty ignorant of the science) but REAL not medical? DOCTOR john campbell has convinced me this is an easy win on cost/benefit analysis. it costs very little to add this to the best practices, costs very little to implement if you already know how to do it and if folks who don't know don't bother to learn, we're still better off on average.

It used to be standard of care but then after Mass adoption of autoinjectors that don't let you aspirate, they noticed there was no increase in adverse effects observed, so they updated guidelines for all injections accordingly.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That means an N95 without an exhale valve is still better. Exhale valves are bad and everybody should be wearing an N95/FFP2/KN95/KF94

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

empty whippet box posted:

when I get off work I'm makin me a new fridge magnet

yes it's low effort. don't judge me

haha I want one, but maybe with some text I don’t need to explain to every person that sees it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

it’s like we all have the palantir software that inaccurately predicts where crime will occur, except it’s a prediction of how a chud will die. and it works.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Covid cured him of the mask-wearing disease.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Elea posted:

Death of close family has no effect on this guys posting prowess.

Lol gently caress this guy. “No one wants to work”

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i am harry posted:

it’s like we all have the palantir software that inaccurately predicts where crime will occur, except it’s a prediction of how a chud will die. and it works.

internet detectiving chud's digital footprint of their preventable death to covid is based on perusing software designed to rate college women attractiveness

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

N95? gently caress that poo poo! P100!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

100 degrees Calcium posted:

N95? gently caress that poo poo! P100!

lol pee

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Update to the COVID denier we were laughing at last week

https://ibb.co/3WnLLmM

that's an....odd choice for a death notice

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

suck my exhaust

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Fame Douglas posted:

Exhale valve is bad.

well poo poo i guess the idiots around me should mask up to protect themselves from my deadly miasma then

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Tennessee did it.

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

sorry to disappoint but if you zoom all the way in there’s a county in the NW corner that is still not deep red - Lake county

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
None of those dead people have gone to heaven

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

internet detectiving chud's digital footprint of their preventable death to covid is based on perusing software designed to rate college women attractiveness

just goes to show how difficult it is to predict emergent and necessary technological advancements

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

None of those dead people have gone to heaven

Even the gates of hell need security guards

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Ruggan posted:

sorry to disappoint but if you zoom all the way in there’s a county in the NW corner that is still not deep red - Lake county

This was covered!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i got n95 problems but a bitch ain't one

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Going to try to get the first basic version of the covid simulator operating by the end of the weekend if I can

There are now basic "work stations" (just computers for now) that the characters will go to for work. You can move them around, and you can move the characters around as well.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ruggan posted:

haha I want one, but maybe with some text I don’t need to explain to every person that sees it

The best part of being a chronically broke brained cspam poster is trying and failing to explain what I am laughing at to people and realizing how insane I sound halfway thru

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruggan posted:

...lazy covid

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Coldrice posted:

Going to try to get the first basic version of the covid simulator operating by the end of the weekend if I can

There are now basic "work stations" (just computers for now) that the characters will go to for work. You can move them around, and you can move the characters around as well.

Is the code available anywhere?

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

rt4 posted:

Is the code available anywhere?

No, I'm too terrible a programmer to share my code :D

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

disease activity seems to be decreasing here in socal in my limited incomplete and unscientific estimation

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

shackleford posted:

the new CDC mask guidance specifically says cloth masks with exhalation valves are bad and "international respirators" (KN95 etc.) with exhalation valves are bad, but says nothing at all about exhalation valves for NIOSH approved respirators (N95 etc.). since NIOSH approves respirators with exhalation valves that means they're AOK according to the CDC

Nice catch, they're low key allowing exhalation valves on NIOSH certified masks.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

cr0y posted:

Does anyone have that Israel graph where things sorta dipped after the booster?

I don't have that, but here's the Israeli covid dashboard, use Chrome or something to translate it to English.

https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

That means an N95 without an exhale valve is still better. Exhale valves are bad and everybody should be wearing an N95/FFP2/KN95/KF94

Or just put a cloth/surgical mask over the exhale valve. People figured this out over a year ago, how does it keep coming up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

disease activity seems to be decreasing here in socal in my limited incomplete and unscientific estimation

Millions of people attending FOOTBAW every Saturday and Sunday for the next 3 months along with schools being open will cause a giant spike in American cases

If we'd shut down schools and sports now, the wave would plateau and subside until the holidays

Everything is so loving dumb