Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Theres instructions on making Toynbee Tiles and sticking them to the street like that in Recipes for Disaster if anyone thinks it seems fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Some murals I saw at a festival a couple of years ago:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

AFewBricksShy posted:

Since you stole my FOREVER BONER (the other side of the building) post, here's another Philly one, the Tonybee tiles.

I've only spotted one of these in the wild, but they are randomly placed around the city.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles

I used to spot these around Philadelphia fairly regularly. I once spotted a fresh one that was still mostly covered on a street just off of E Girard Ave. I used to love running across those.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think there’s still a couple Toynbee tiles in Manhattan, every time I see them I’m amazed they haven’t been covered up

Also Boner is cool and I recommend his live instagram videos https://instagram.com/he_so_bad?utm_medium=copy_link

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Snowy posted:

Boner is cool

4ever

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

somewhere in chicago

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buenos Aires

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ekuNNN posted:

Buenos Aires

:nice:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spotted in asbury park, NJ. Was it Bruce Springsteen? :iiam:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Took these up in the mountains right outside of Denver a few weeks before Covid hit.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Norwich:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

God bless Grant from EastEnders

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh hey I have a better picture of this wall

New Paltz NY style

:shrug:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Here are a few:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spotted just now:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

good frogger

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Seattle, January 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ekuNNN posted:

Norwich:

lol these are excellent

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
recent london stuff, like I said I have thousands so this is just from the last week or three. I walk around town a lot.

a classic banksy (the ape with the sandwich board sign saying "laugh now, but one day we'll be in charge"), scribbled out - BANKSY WOULD BE NOBODY WITHOUT BLEK LE RAT beside it. they're not wrong. criticism and debate on the wall! lot of banksy hate on london walls since he painted over an ancient like decades-old ROBBO (who has since died) piece.

there are several of these plaques along the thames. the stuff stuck to the board is fragments of ceramic single-use pre-packed tobacco pipes that totally litter the banks of the thames to this day, 100+ years after they were outmoded by the cigarette. there's another mosaic plaque by this person where the mudlarked fragments are arranged into a picture of big ben, mounted on a wall right across the river from the tower itself. I have a picture somewhere in the sands of time on my phone.

another piece painted on a canvas or board or something and stuck up on a graffiti wall, weird effort but it's cool

some other random london stuff:

and finally, across the river from the MI5 building, on the back of a bus stop:

I want to know more!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

A friend of mine told me about an art opening he went to featuring works by well known graffiti artists. One of the pieces somebody did was on the outside of the building, up on the fire escape, there was a mannequin wearing a hoodie. It’s arm was rigged to move in a simple up and down motion, holding a spray can up to a not quite finished tag. I guess it looked pretty real because a cop who happened to be there shined his light on it and started screaming at it to get down from there immediately until everyone standing outside started laughing at him.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

found in one of rhode island's many abandoned coastal fortifications (iirc fort mansfield)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ralph Hurley posted:

A friend of mine told me about an art opening he went to featuring works by well known graffiti artists. One of the pieces somebody did was on the outside of the building, up on the fire escape, there was a mannequin wearing a hoodie. It’s arm was rigged to move in a simple up and down motion, holding a spray can up to a not quite finished tag. I guess it looked pretty real because a cop who happened to be there shined his light on it and started screaming at it to get down from there immediately until everyone standing outside started laughing at him.

lol

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Philly

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The old Chinatown Fair arcade on Mott St. It’s sad and empty these days, in the past it was packed full of kids playing fighting games. In the spot this photo was taken there was a live chicken who would beat you at tic tac toe.

Kingston NY

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MQ wheatpastes found randomly in an alley in the Bronx

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Dead Cops don't rape", Chile

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

somewhere in chicago

I always knew LSD stood for Lisa Simpson Dreams

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Toynbee tile from midtown Manhattan in 2017

These are from a witch’s house in Sweden. Brave people spend the night there and carve their names or write them with charcoal from the fireplace

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress you, Bob, you want some more you know where to find me :colbert:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress you too Juliana

bonus booty for the observant

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Snowy posted:

Toynbee tile from midtown Manhattan in 2017

probably mentioned before and sorry if it has been but the 2011 documentary 'Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles' was alright if youre into this stuff

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

Birmingham Canal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

aga. posted:

Birmingham Canal

That’s wholesome street art right there.

Content:
I usually go for long-distance walks along a path built on old train tracks. One of the path’s inclines still houses an old train station platform and ticket booth. Here’s a lovely mural on the incline that (hopefully) will still be there once the current renovation work is done around it.