Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm back home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm back home

Sad.

Posting this basement shot so you can see my bean stockpile in the background.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

All those lovely gross strip joints you guys are posting have the same vibe as

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sad.

huh, i would have guessed you'd have a more expensive bike, since you're a computer toucher

still nice enough, and good on you for riding it enough to get in better shape

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Sad.

Wanna join the post giant images club.
Making breakfast now

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Hey I've been too drunk in there before weird

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Ok another update on Covid Sim. There are now two factions vying for influence - the pro-vax and anti-vax factions. Eventually one will gain the upper hand in each room. Hanging signs adjusted the influence in that area. Usually around 5-7 days for influence to take hold.

There is a small chance a character will get vaxxed on their own. A character who turns pro-vax is more likely to get vaccinated. A character who is anti-vax has a 0% chance to get vaccinated on their own.

I'm going to take a break now i think, but I might pick it up again later tonight for small things that come across my mind as I think of them.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McNugget Buddy posted:

mastershakeman like every day for a month

it seems like he was joking?

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 12, 2021

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Coldrice posted:

Ok another update on Covid Sim.
this is incredible work

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Whoolighams posted:

Hey I've been too drunk in there before weird

:same:

They don't like when you try to take a nap in the VIP room

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

Lake Co is still loving up TN from running the table. NV is the biggest change I notice.

poo poo, CT held out a while without any red counties but New London has fallen

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Coldrice posted:

Ok another update on Covid Sim.

the last time I played a flash game from SA I got a meeting with the school counselor but i'm willing to try again

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Sad.

loving Mr. Hollywood over here with his basement!

(I miss my basement)

Apr 7, 2003

jetz0r posted:

huh, i would have guessed you'd have a more expensive bike, since you're a computer toucher

still nice enough, and good on you for riding it enough to get in better shape

It's a 21 lb aluminum bike with a Shimano 105 drivetrain, a full carbon fork + steerer, and a tubeless tire setup.

it's as nice as you're going to get without going to carbon fiber, functionally speaking.

My wife has the same bike.

Apr 7, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

loving Mr. Hollywood over here with his basement!

(I miss my basement)

My furnace lives down there.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

It's a 21 lb aluminum bike with a Shimano 105 drivetrain, a full carbon fork + steerer, and a tubeless tire setup.

it's as nice as you're going to get without going to carbon fiber, functionally speaking.

yeah, it's a fine bike. i was expecting something like a $8k cervelo based on the bikes owned by the techies i know

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
lol Alberta really stepping up

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-goodwill-and-gossip-leaned-on-in-alberta-schools-to-protect-against/

quote:

Alberta’s school boards and parents are relying on goodwill and gossip to protect students and staff from the novel coronavirus now that the province has stopped universal contact tracing and no longer alerts administrators when someone tied to their institution tests positive for COVID-19.

This school year, Alberta will only inform parents of a potential outbreak at their child’s school when 10 per cent of students miss class owing to illness. Alberta Health Services has sent some parents letters warning of potential outbreaks, but the government would not confirm how many schools have crossed the 10-per-cent threshold. The coronavirus, however, is circulating in schools that have not hit the trigger, and some local officials and parents have created makeshift warning systems to fill the information vacuum.

This disjointed approach means parents and staff have varied access to information about potential COVID-19 exposures, depending on their school district and social networks. Even if information is available, it is incomplete because administrators are relying on parents and staff to volunteer their health status. Critics argue the Alberta government, by not disclosing infection information to administrators, is putting pupils and staff at risk of contracting the virus that is ripping through the unvaccinated population, including children under 12 who are ineligible for shots.

Prairie Rose Public Schools (PRPS), which serves rural communities in southeastern Alberta, is one of the few boards taking an aggressive approach to distributing information. The district posts online bulletins disclosing, to the best of its knowledge, how many cases of COVID-19 are active in each school and which classes may have been exposed.

Roger Clarke, the district’s superintendent, said PRPS believed it would be unfair to withhold such information from the community. The district relies on the honour system to gather data.

“Parents want to look out for the health and safety of their children,” Mr. Clarke said. “If they don’t know there’s COVID-19 in their child’s classroom or their child’s school, how can they make the informed decision they may want to make?”

He views the decision through a moral lens: “I certainly wouldn’t want, as a superintendent, spread to happen in our schools where a student got very, very sick and potentially died and we didn’t inform the parents that there was COVID in the school.”

So far, children in Alberta have been spared from severe outcomes after contracting COVID-19. The youngest person to die of the illness was 20. Alberta counts 27 children between the ages of 5 and 9 who have been admitted to hospital with COVID-19, and 12 of them ended up in an intensive-care unit. Another 181 people between the ages of 10 and 19 have been admitted, with 24 of them landing in an ICU.

Alberta’s hospital system is struggling under the fourth wave, forcing AHS to cancel all elective surgeries in Calgary and some operations in other areas. This surge, coupled with Alberta’s new policy of withholding information about COVID-19 exposures in schools, makes parents such as Vanessa Porteous nervous. Her child, who is too young to be vaccinated, attends an elementary school in Calgary.

“How are we being asked to make our ‘personal responsibility’ decisions in the absence of any information?” she said. “That doesn’t even add up.”

Ms. Porteous relies on gossip to gauge whether her child is at risk. But gossip, she noted, is unreliable. She said the “language of individual freedom and privacy” has hijacked the public-health debate.

“My child could get long-COVID to preserve my neighbour’s privacy,” she said.

The Calgary Board of Education announced on Friday that schools would notify parents in the event of a positive case, but only if families report those cases themselves; the information will not come from AHS.

Alberta in August said it would not require masking or other public-health measures in schools, but local school trustees were free to implement further restrictions. This resulted in a patchwork of rules that are shifting quickly as COVID-19 cases rise in Alberta. Frustrated school boards are angry the provincial government left it to local education officials to set contentious health policies. Alberta late last week reinstituted a provincewide mask mandate, but schools are exempt.

Mark Davidson is the superintendent of Medicine Hat Public School Division, which has identified COVID-19 cases in all of its schools. But the division is not distributing specific information to parents, such as what classes may have been exposed.

“Alberta Health Services cautioned us against doing that,” he said, adding AHS warned of “challenges we could face with respect to confidentiality of student information.” The health authority did not reply to questions about Mr. Davidson’s statement.

AHS shifted its COVID-19 reporting policies for schools because “outbreaks in schools could be caused by a number of different respiratory viruses, not just COVID,” spokeswoman Lisa Glover said in a statement.

“AHS is no longer informing school authorities or administrators of individual cases of COVID-19 within the school setting, as notification to the school is not required for the management of that individual,” she wrote, noting people who test positive for the virus must still isolate.

AHS may declare “an outbreak of a respiratory illness at the school” if 10 per cent of students are absent because they are sick. “A reporting framework for respiratory illness outbreaks in schools is expected to be finalized soon.”

lmao

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

hm yes well I have a dura ace fleshlight but that's cool too I guess

(anyone who sees 105 and thinks "good enough" instead of "the best tier for commuters, if you can swing it" needs to send me money)

Apr 7, 2003

jetz0r posted:

yeah, it's a fine bike. i was expecting something like a $8k cervelo based on the bikes owned by the techies i know

My wife and I combined make south of $200K

Most computer touchers make that sort of money

The discourse is poisoned by the FAANG guys who are like 8% of the total population

Apr 7, 2003

VROOM VROOM posted:

hm yes well I have a dura ace fleshlight but that's cool too I guess

(anyone who sees 105 and thinks "good enough" instead of "the best tier for commuters, if you can swing it" needs to send me money)

I bought a set of chains off Amazon last year and they were counterfeit and trashed my jog wheels, good poo poo.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If you see anyone genuinely promoting horse paste in cspam pm me their post so I can loving ban them. Jesus christ I will not tolerate that poo poo as cspam cop.

I'm already super mad at work. They cancelled the spine mri, but instead they added an MRCP on an 80 year old with acute cholecystitis so bad she has reactive inflammation of the adjacent liver and reactive colitis of the hepatic flexure. Good loving god do want me to just hold her down here until her gangrenous gallbladder explodes and puts her in septic shock? Doctors are just beyond worthless.

No ultrasound tho, I mean why would you need the gold standard evaluation of the gallbladder for signs of gangrenous perforation when you can do M. R. I!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

it's a nice bike. i like the bike

Apr 7, 2003

Sphyre posted:

it's a nice bike. i like the bike

I keep crashing it

Apr 7, 2003

I crashed my bike on Monday but my arm looks better now

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Asproigerosis posted:

If you see anyone genuinely promoting horse paste in cspam pm me their post so I can loving ban them. Jesus christ I will not tolerate that poo poo as cspam cop.

I'm already super mad at work. They cancelled the spine mri, but instead they added an MRCP on an 80 year old with acute cholecystitis so bad she has reactive inflammation of the adjacent liver and reactive colitis of the hepatic flexure. Good loving god do want me to just hold her down here until her gangrenous gallbladder explodes and puts her in septic shock? Doctors are just beyond worthless.

No ultrasound tho, I mean why would you need the gold standard evaluation of the gallbladder for signs of gangrenous perforation when you can do M. R. I!

Ur selfish. Have you thought about your betters PROFITS?!
Thought so!!!1

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

how do i know this is real when i have not seen your fridge?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That is an impressive fluff-belly

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

just join the US already sheesh

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

to be fair to the idiot(s) who i cannot remember that were trying to push it, this was before chuds were just straight up going to IFC and buying horse medicine to inject into their balls and taints or loving whatever.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

my husband won’t even try his respirator and he’s officially at “everyone is going to get covid.” when I die, leave my body at fauci’s house

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

I bought a set of chains off Amazon last year and they were counterfeit and trashed my jog wheels, good poo poo.

Remind me to never buy tires from Amazon (or anything that is responsible for making sure I don't die).

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this cat has attained enlightenment

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Never get tired of looking at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2lncyoqPlA

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

So I went back to specifically look at what the note says and all it says is mri spines to evaluate back pain, outpatient follow up to discuss wishes regarding further systemic therapy (patient has already stopped all treatment a month ago and was considering xeloda but strongly leaning towards comfort care only)

Oh woah no way he has mets in his spine, a clown shoe for a 4th lumbar spinous process. Case solved, source of back pain has been determined! (This was all previously seen on a CT 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed).

$20,000 well spent, god bless america.

Jesus wept.

Really, it's the nurses fault for not reminding that patient that he can refuse these scans. Patient advocacy ain't what it used to be

e:

Asproigerosis posted:

This is why some techs treat patients kinda rough, when you get 300 pound patients you're trying to move around and they are absolutely sandbagging and crying like they are going through quadruple labor worth of pain after they fell or some bullshit.

LMFAO this brings back memories

Apr 7, 2003

paperwind posted:

Remind me to never buy tires from Amazon (or anything that is responsible for making sure I don't die).

YOSPOS has a bunch of people who worked at Amazon and get this:

Everything with a specific manufacturer part ID, regardless of who's selling it, goes into the same bin.

There is no quality control, the claimed part ID is checked and it's binned.

You could buy a part from a proven good seller on Amazon and get trash from a counterfeiter.

good stuff

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Never get tired of looking at this:

heh, you believe everything from chinese state media? :smuggo:

yes, i believe DOCTOR fauci about the coronavirus, he IS the science.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

my husband won’t even try his respirator and he’s officially at “everyone is going to get covid.” when I die, leave my body at fauci’s house

An acquaintance of mine turned out like that. It’s loving sickening because that is the official narrative. The same person first stood their ground about not giving university lessons in person and got canned for it, got another job, cooked every day and learned to cut their own hair etc. And now this ...

It’s loving crazy making! I’m with you here.

I assume if you’re largely by yourself and the media bombards you with this bullshit 24/7 it is eventually going to erode everyone’s resolve eventually...

Sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

When is Covid Sim coming to PS4