Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
Is there really a reason to hold onto the Shimenawa artifact set? Doing an initial reading of the set bonuses didn't seem like it would be worthwhile. And after looking over the build guide it seems like the ones who could make good use of it are characters I don't have (namely Hu Tao and Yoimiya).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ReverendHammer posted:

Is there really a reason to hold onto the Shimenawa artifact set? Doing an initial reading of the set bonuses didn't seem like it would be worthwhile. And after looking over the build guide it seems like the ones who could make good use of it are characters I don't have (namely Hu Tao and Yoimiya).

they're good 2 piece gladiator sets, a lot of characters can just benefit from 2 piece gladiator/2 piece shienawa for an easy fix like your supports

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Even on those characters, I think the 4 piece has been mathed as worse than other options. However, it is worth hanging on to good pieces for the 2 piece effect.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

I do tend to overdo it with energy recharge, that's my way of breaking a bad habit of 'saving' bursts forever.

You and I both. Swap teams want 100% burst up time, which I had nowhere near enough when I realized that swap teams will always beat out main carry + support in the upper levels of the abyss. So I went full hog on energy regen stats when I should have been maximizing my crit rate/dmg ratios.

MajorBonnet posted:

Even on those characters, I think the 4 piece has been mathed as worse than other options. However, it is worth hanging on to good pieces for the 2 piece effect.

Remembrance is good for melt ganyu.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Slammed a Skyward Atlas from the non-limited from the Electro Tree rewwards or w/e so now C6 Klee has gotten really rude

Finally managed to grind out a ton of Pale Flame Domains with the help of a friend + I finally read the tool tips on Eula's skill so now I know I don't just constantly use the hold version of the E skill so now I am good at the game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Magus42 posted:

Why would you use L1+Square? Once you're airborne you can just hit R1 to jump to the things

oh my god :negative:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MotU posted:

Slammed a Skyward Atlas from the non-limited from the Electro Tree rewwards or w/e so now C6 Klee has gotten really rude

Finally managed to grind out a ton of Pale Flame Domains with the help of a friend + I finally read the tool tips on Eula's skill so now I know I don't just constantly use the hold version of the E skill so now I am good at the game

Now you have to R5 it. You're soooo close to a perfect Klee

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
:frogsiren: Finally did it!! :derp:

The weight reduction and mobility changes to the samurai were actually a big help in making 12-1A less of a random clusterfuck, and then I somehow managed to luckily group up the fatui mages and NOT have the cicin break freeze and immediately blink away into another zipcode.

Kenki's huge HP wall was somewhat rough for Team Klee but I got it after a couple tries, and then 12-3 was basically a victory lap. Immensely satisfying to finally be "done" with the Abyss after stalling out at 35 stars on the previous enemy rotation.

(Also wtf time zone are the Genshin servers using lol, this was only like 3 hours ago)

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Magus42 posted:

Why would you use L1+Square? Once you're airborne you can just hit R1 to jump to the things

wghat the gently caress

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I'm a bit late on finishing the 2.1 story but now that I've done it I have, uh, questions? Major spoilers for 2.1 for those who like me were also story slackers.

Have I forgotten some details mentioned in 2.0 or missed some lore bits which describe how Inazuma apparently runs on Game of Thrones trial-by-combat rules once you're in the Shogun's palace? Because while the La Signora fight was pretty slick it also made less than zero sense.

From an objective perspective of the situation, a wanted criminal barges into a discussion between God and a foreign diplomat, shouts I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL to the latter, and the Raiden Shogun's response is "checks out, sure, go for it". Then we have an actual to the death fight right there in the palace and when we're done the Shogun's response to the outcome is to summarily execute a foreign national for... reasons? I mean, we have lots of reasons to pick a fight with the Fatui in general and Signora specifically, but does Ei really give a poo poo? Not 10 minutes later she straight up says if she thought the Fatui were a threat they'd be "purged" but that she also knew the Decree was a Fatui idea, that she knew about it well in advance, and she didn't have a problem with it. So what's the deal there?

All I've got is it's Raiden going "I'm a God, gently caress reasons" which... fair, I guess? I will admit I got a kick out of Signora realizing the Fatui diplomatic bullshit was not actually going to save her from her gently caress-up and having a recurring villain actually get their poo poo ruined instead of fleeing to cause problems another day is a refreshing subversion from how the rest of Genshin's plot has been going.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Short answer, yes. This was in the kazuha animated cutscene right before going to Inazuma where he talks about his friend.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The Shogun doesn't give a poo poo about anything because it's all just the machinations of some mortals who will die eventually anyway. Also the Shogun is a construct who is programmed not to give a poo poo, even if Ei might: the character story quest provides some contrast.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Meiteron posted:

I'm a bit late on finishing the 2.1 story but now that I've done it I have, uh, questions? Major spoilers for 2.1 for those who like me were also story slackers.

Have I forgotten some details mentioned in 2.0 or missed some lore bits which describe how Inazuma apparently runs on Game of Thrones trial-by-combat rules once you're in the Shogun's palace? Because while the La Signora fight was pretty slick it also made less than zero sense.

From an objective perspective of the situation, a wanted criminal barges into a discussion between God and a foreign diplomat, shouts I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL to the latter, and the Raiden Shogun's response is "checks out, sure, go for it". Then we have an actual to the death fight right there in the palace and when we're done the Shogun's response to the outcome is to summarily execute a foreign national for... reasons? I mean, we have lots of reasons to pick a fight with the Fatui in general and Signora specifically, but does Ei really give a poo poo? Not 10 minutes later she straight up says if she thought the Fatui were a threat they'd be "purged" but that she also knew the Decree was a Fatui idea, that she knew about it well in advance, and she didn't have a problem with it. So what's the deal there?

All I've got is it's Raiden going "I'm a God, gently caress reasons" which... fair, I guess? I will admit I got a kick out of Signora realizing the Fatui diplomatic bullshit was not actually going to save her from her gently caress-up and having a recurring villain actually get their poo poo ruined instead of fleeing to cause problems another day is a refreshing subversion from how the rest of Genshin's plot has been going.

The Shogun killed Signora afterward because that was a part of the rules for a duel like that. It had nothing to do with her own opinion or thoughts on the Fatui, just that the loser had to die, full stop.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Tae posted:

Short answer, yes. This was in the kazuha animated cutscene right before going to Inazuma where he talks about his friend.

:doh:

Right, yep, that checks out. I had completely forgotten that was a thing!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Now you have to R5 it. You're soooo close to a perfect Klee

That is a big ask . . .

Also Klee starts perfect

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is there some place I can easily read the lore online? Something like Ishtar Collective, but for Genshin.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Raiden really went Lethal Weapon 2 on Signora's rear end

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I figured Honey Impact would just close down, their data and work would get absorbed by someone else and MiHoYo would keep fighting a futile fight against the internet, but I guess the people inovlved just migrated to a different host and are having a normal one instead:

Honey Impact posted:

Genshit Infarct™ is a registered trademark of MeMeHoYo Co., Ltd.

This website is made for educational and research purpose (and us, eating macaroni). Images and data belong to decaying mind of mentally unstable game designer, considering himself a brain-damaged horse suffering from PTSD syndrome, caused by multiple copium infusions and are pretty fictional. Any similarity of names, data or images with resources of gambling waifu game with 3+ ESRB Rating, developed by some third party company, whos whole legal department can't make a clear paragraph in English, are entirely coincidental.

Yikes.
Given how Honey Impact runs a lot of ads (at least it was kinda obnoxious accessing their site from a smartphone without adblock), they might just have reasons to keep it running as long as they can get away with it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

King of Bleh posted:

:frogsiren: Finally did it!! :derp:

The weight reduction and mobility changes to the samurai were actually a big help in making 12-1A less of a random clusterfuck, and then I somehow managed to luckily group up the fatui mages and NOT have the cicin break freeze and immediately blink away into another zipcode.

Kenki's huge HP wall was somewhat rough for Team Klee but I got it after a couple tries, and then 12-3 was basically a victory lap. Immensely satisfying to finally be "done" with the Abyss after stalling out at 35 stars on the previous enemy rotation.

(Also wtf time zone are the Genshin servers using lol, this was only like 3 hours ago)

Congrats. Now get ready for the next abyss cycle :tif:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Today's fishing event quest

Today we followed a 'treasure hoarder' back to his camp because he found a fossil that we wanted. But he found it? He didn't steal it or anything, it was lying in some other rocks. We attacked him and his friends to "take back" something that didn't belong to us in the first place! But it's okay, because we labelled him as a treasure hoarder before we jumped out of the bushes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The event is set up really weirdly since we're doing all this work to be given directions to find someone we already know. I mean, I appreciate having fishing spots where we can keep grinding for specific types of fish, since this is a boring mini game that doesnt let you collect multiple fish at once with a net or use a harpoon at least.

Hey, there's another spear type we should have! I'm also wondering what the next 4* character to get an outfit will be. Curious what Rosaria and Razor's tastes are.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Today's fishing event quest

Today we followed a 'treasure hoarder' back to his camp because he found a fossil that we wanted. But he found it? He didn't steal it or anything, it was lying in some other rocks. We attacked him and his friends to "take back" something that didn't belong to us in the first place! But it's okay, because we labelled him as a treasure hoarder before we jumped out of the bushes

They were hoarding treasure that we wanted to have, making them treasure hoarders, meaning it was ok to take the treasure off them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kaeya speedo

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The whole "here's a big huge overpowered buff but you have to stay within the dotted lines to keep it" is an interesting dynamic and sometimes makes you think about where to use it or how to deal with knockback etc etc.

Yoyo naturally jumping out of it with her attack string is enough to cut bennett forever.

No more Bennett! Get pyro res from Xinyam! Run Electro resonance! Climb an Albedo flower! Ganyu support!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zwiebel posted:

I figured Honey Impact would just close down, their data and work would get absorbed by someone else and MiHoYo would keep fighting a futile fight against the internet, but I guess the people inovlved just migrated to a different host and are having a normal one instead:

Yikes.
Given how Honey Impact runs a lot of ads (at least it was kinda obnoxious accessing their site from a smartphone without adblock), they might just have reasons to keep it running as long as they can get away with it.
it's kind of childish but lol at people saying its racist to make fun of a english legal team for having bad english in the message they sent to you in english

kater
Nov 16, 2010

honey impact’s poo poo site was intolerable on any browser I tried.

I didn’t realize till reading it just now that genshin fan pages are probably massive bank and that’s why they all suck compared to others.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

honey impact’s poo poo site was intolerable on any browser I tried.

I didn’t realize till reading it just now that genshin fan pages are probably massive bank and that’s why they all suck compared to others.
tbf that bit's also very funny because the dev said they make five digits off the site so everyones mad at them for getting rich, but the punchline is theyre russian. go look up how much 10k rubles is worth, lol.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

it's kind of childish but lol at people saying its racist to make fun of a english legal team for having bad english in the message they sent to you in english

Legal translators are kind of in high demand technically. I know this because I keep getting emails about it asking me for urgent less-than-24-hour translations of them (which I always refuse).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Kaeya speedo

:eyepop:

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Yes, your honour, I am violating copyrights to make money and am posting potentially damaging leaks of internal data. But have you considered:

Genshit Fartpact.
Gottem

gandlethorpe posted:

Kaeya speedo
:hai:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zwiebel posted:

Yes, your honour, I am violating copyrights to make money and am posting potentially damaging leaks of internal data. But have you considered:

Genshit Fartpact.

I mean, "neener neener I live in Russia" has historically been an airtight defense. Mihoyo can't do poo poo to them, so why should they take this seriously?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

The event is set up really weirdly since we're doing all this work to be given directions to find someone we already know. I mean, I appreciate having fishing spots where we can keep grinding for specific types of fish, since this is a boring mini game that doesnt let you collect multiple fish at once with a net or use a harpoon at least.

Hey, there's another spear type we should have! I'm also wondering what the next 4* character to get an outfit will be. Curious what Rosaria and Razor's tastes are.

I mean

What do you think The Catch is supposed to be

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I thought it would be a worthy goal to get a 4* fishing rod since I dont need The Catch weapon.

Then I learned each region has it's own rod and decided this poo poo is too tedious. That's my fishing opinion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The rods really don't do anything. It's something like a 15% difference in the catch time.

I would recommend you fish the red and blue koi from day 1 and day 2 to get the catch, they're annoying otherwise and it's a good weapon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hexel posted:

I thought it would be a worthy goal to get a 4* fishing rod since I dont need The Catch weapon.

Then I learned each region has it's own rod and decided this poo poo is too tedious. That's my fishing opinion.

i'm assuming each leg of the event will cater towards one of the regional rods, and grabbing 50 fish a day can really dent the 80 needed for one.

day 1's goals focused you on the Liyue medaka, day 2's pool had the Liyue betta and angelfish, and the universal red medakas are probably going to be in every pool. i haven't been super diligent about getting more than Catch materials a couple times and still picked up the Liyue rod yesterday with decent progress on the Mond one too. but yeah, to each their own. the event reward rod seems to be a generic regional rod replacement, so everybody can get that with much less investment.

i'm curious when they plan to add more stuff to exchange fish for, given we have all these rare types with no use other than hoping they spawn as ornamental for your teapot.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i could imagine some kind of weekly (biweekly? monthly?) resetting character materials that a fishing npc sells.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I mean

What do you think The Catch is supposed to be

I normally think of them with three prongs but I would call a trident.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can pretend any spear is a harpoon with Thoma, who ends his attack chain by throwing it

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

you can pretend any spear is a harpoon with Thoma, who ends his attack chain by throwing it

Doesn't kick it, no roll.

I hope the next outfit they make is for a 4 star. Or maybe not, since if it's for a 5 star I don't have, I won't have to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I normally think of them with three prongs but I would call a trident.

it's a bident